Manitoba riders thread

PB Forum :: Canada - Central
Manitoba riders thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 17:49 Quote
i figure since we dont have the number of people that calgary and the other major mountain biking cities, ill just make a thread for the whole of manitoba. So post up, let us know where and what your riding. I myself am in Brandon riding whatever i can find on my Norco six and my Giant stp

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 19:34 Quote
I used to live winnipeg... Had a little spot with some decent sized jumps... rode the forks skatepark a lot as well as the East ST Paul Skatepark but that was weak sauce. I did ride my street rigged wolverine... but now I dont live there anymore... I miss having somewhere to ride... its bad down here.

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 18:06 Quote
i live in teulon prety close to winnipeg. couple of my buddies and me made some jumps. nothin else to do out here. need some new stuff. i ride skatepark west lots but get bitched at by the bmxers. i have a 06 norco ryde

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 19:44 Quote
i have a couple jumps ....nothin big because i just started this year and i dont have any friends around that ride so i dont have much experience in jumping

downhill tho i got experience. we live on a "farm" so i do alot of ridin in our gravelpit and hills i go up to the park (ridingmountain) and rite jet and baldyhill those are fun

the bike i have rite now is a dyno frame with some aftermarket parts....2005 marzocchi allmountain 3 and some brand new alexrims and holy roller tires
next year im gonna by a used 2007 or something and trasfer some parts over to the new frame

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 0:44 Quote
Yay Manitoba! I live there when Im not in Japan. Whittier is pretty fun. Whatever happened to the Woodcock DS?

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 9:38 Quote
i know most of the ridingmtn park trails....where else is there good freestyle/shorestyle trails?

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 12:32 Quote
Whittier park... its in St. Boniface if you would like directions just pm me.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 21:14 Quote
yeah, i'm from Stonewall MB, just north of wpg, we don't have much, we built a set of jumps in the forest, nothing exciting

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 18:19 Quote
hey guys whats up? im a BC girl but might be moving to live with my boyfriend in minnedosa manitobia, for a few months while taking some schooling in brandon for more paramedic training. just wondering if there anything to ride around there? i mostly freeride, and dh race but got myself a stp and wanna get my tricks down dirt jumping. my man has a farm so illprob end up building some dj's, but is there anything close to a dh trail around that area? here's my website with my video to what i usually ride, any info would be great... www.britneeboychuk.com

thanks britnee

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 16:26 Quote
so i know you guys aint out riding bikes, so post a reply. please and thanks...

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 16:37 Quote
britnee wrote:
so i know you guys aint out riding bikes, so post a reply. please and thanks...

I would but I don't live their anymore... but I'll be back for christmas...

Regardless... You could go to Whittier park when the snow clears... those are the only jumps I know of... Other than the odd jump here and there. Also at Spring Hill there's sort of a DH track on the one side of the hill. Problem is those are in Winnipeg... but I'm sure you'll make a visit or two there anyways.

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 19:24 Quote
well if youu end up coming to brandon to ride bikes this summer....i might know of a couple freeride spots and some dj's to hit up!

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 7:47 Quote
sweet thanks guys ill let you know if i make it out that way. ill come visit for sure, but well see about the living out that way. i need my riding....

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 8:17 Quote
If you need it that bad, dont come here. No way in hell would i leave B.C to go ride my bike in Manitoba. Thankfully i dont have to make that choice, as im already stuck hereCry .

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 10:51 Quote
I live around Austin MB. Me and a buddy have a few jumps, but their not too big seeing as how we are just starting. Other than that i go to either Rae Trail, or Epinette Creek trail.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014375
Mobile Version of Website