Which budget bike should i get??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Which budget bike should i get??
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
my son is looking for a dirt jump and street bike for under 300 pounds MAX.
he says he would like 24" if possible and suspension again if possible but is prepared to compromise.
Any help would be appreciated

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 13:07 Quote
any help apreciated

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
your son has the same problem as me you probably are looking at an ebay job for a full sus or you could get a hardtail from most good bikeshops brandnew for arround that price.

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
Im sellin my practically brand new 24" p-45 for around £300 (i payed £475 and has only been ridden a couple of times)

Has rigid forks and not suspention
look on my profile for it Big Grin
sounds ideal for your son

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 0:34 Quote
thankyou for all the help but as i mentioned earlier he would rather have front suspension are there any bikes for instance diamobacks, gts or anything really that you would reccomend without looking on ebay??

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 0:41 Quote
have a look on the buy sell section of this websight i found a giant boulder for £100 bargain. so get looking

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 1:24 Quote
i know its not a 24", but look on winstanleys at the tempest 2.0. It's about £260 and has front sus, gears, but that can be changed.
edit : the link http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/13568/GT_Tempest_20_Bike_2008

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 2:01 Quote
seriously mate you would be way better off buying something like the identiti and then shovin on a dj3 or something at a later stage. Look into getting a second hand 24 seven slacker aswell, I can garentee you that buying one of these bikes slightly used will be a thousand times better then a new diamondback. It will also save you Money in the long term as you are less likely to break parts on a bike that is 100% made for djing

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 3:43 Quote
bigquotes[/Quoten]seriously mate you would be way better off buying something like the identiti and then shovin on a dj3 or something at a later stage. Look into getting a second hand 24 seven slacker aswell, I can garentee you that buying one of these bikes slightly used will be a thousand times better then a new diamondback. It will also save you Money in the long term as you are less likely to break parts on a bike that is 100% made for djing[Quoten]

i actually have a p-45 and putting front sus on it takes the piss i would have to get the whole front wheel relaced to fit any for on it because it comes with a 14mm axle annoying huh? but thanks for the help and i am looking into buying the p-45 second hand from this site.

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 14:51 Quote
identitip-45 wrote:
bigquotes[/Quoten]seriously mate you would be way better off buying something like the identiti and then shovin on a dj3 or something at a later stage. Look into getting a second hand 24 seven slacker aswell, I can garentee you that buying one of these bikes slightly used will be a thousand times better then a new diamondback. It will also save you Money in the long term as you are less likely to break parts on a bike that is 100% made for djing[Quoten]

i actually have a p-45 and putting front sus on it takes the piss i would have to get the whole front wheel relaced to fit any for on it because it comes with a 14mm axle annoying huh? but thanks for the help and i am looking into buying the p-45 second hand from this site.

you could just buy new front hub and keep ya tornadoe and spokes... then shove some dj3s on as mentioned above. stil for sale if you interested Razz Big Grin

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010292
Mobile Version of Website