Demo 8 or stab deeluxe or sunday team?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Demo 8 or stab deeluxe or sunday team?
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 9:16 Quote
All three of the bikes you named are great bikes with individual strengths/weaknesses, i don´t think it matters much which bike you choose since their all fast enough to handle World Cup-riding..

Just choose the one you like most and go ride Smile

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 11:20 Quote
canberradh wrote:
jimap123 wrote:
The Iron horse and the Stab are both downhill bikes. So really its a matter of which one you prefer to ride (test ride them)

The Demo 8 is a mainly freeride bike it would be able to handle downhill but the geometry is set for freeride.

u got no idea mate, why dont u have a ride on some of these bikes, the demo has much the same , if not better geo then most dh bikes out there, stab is no dh bike for competition, and the sunday is just flat chat wicked!! i love my demo.

Wtf the Stab is no DH competition bike what the hell has fabian barrel been riding when he was at kona. I cant wait to see if Sam Hill will be riding as fast on a Demo 8. If the Demo 8 is such a good DH bike why doesn't everyone use them!

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 2:11 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
yes....sort out my riding okay got it!

bye.

And um relise that fort william hasnt got and 15 foot drops, the kinda thing that will destroy ur head tube, ford bill is a race track u .... which will destroy wheels , derailers and ur poxxy 888s. not so much frames let alone head tubes!! derr.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 2:16 Quote
canberradh wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:
yes....sort out my riding okay got it!

bye.

And um relise that fort william hasnt got and 15 foot drops, the kinda thing that will destroy ur head tube, ford bill is a race track u .... which will destroy wheels , derailers and ur poxxy 888s. not so much frames let alone head tubes!! derr.

you typical illiterate retard....

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 2:18 Quote
jimap123 wrote:
canberradh wrote:
jimap123 wrote:
The Iron horse and the Stab are both downhill bikes. So really its a matter of which one you prefer to ride (test ride them)

The Demo 8 is a mainly freeride bike it would be able to handle downhill but the geometry is set for freeride.

u got no idea mate, why dont u have a ride on some of these bikes, the demo has much the same , if not better geo then most dh bikes out there, stab is no dh bike for competition, and the sunday is just flat chat wicked!! i love my demo.

Wtf the Stab is no DH competition bike what the hell has fabian barrel been riding when he was at kona. I cant wait to see if Sam Hill will be riding as fast on a Demo 8. If the Demo 8 is such a good DH bike why doesn't everyone use them!

Hahaha fabien barrel fabien barrel!! ur a sucker mate, his bike had totally dirrent geometry,and many tricked out frame componants to make it much lighter!! just like most factory race bikes, even sam hills!! now wake up get a downhill bike, or even have a ride of 1 before u go passing judgement on a topic like this.for the rest of the dribble that come out of ur mouth, its not worth replying to, sam actually rode a iron horse sgs about 4 years back whilst the team was called mad catz , which had a specialized patented fsr rear suspension system, ohh and fabien barrel is a top rider like sam and could win on anything,and fabiens new team uses a brand called mondraker which also use a specialized fsr suspension system!!

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 2:20 Quote
ohh and i dont see umm everyone using stabs to race downhill on either!!! try sundays,demos,glorys,v10s,m6s,supreme dhs, n foes dhs 2.1.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 2:26 Quote
canberradh wrote:
ohh and i dont see umm everyone using stabs to race downhill on either!!! try sundays,demos,glorys,v10s,m6s,supreme dhs, n foes dhs 2.1.

yh i agree, only rider i have seen using a stab is fabian barrel. im seen loads of people using v10's, glorys, supreme dhs........ect

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 2:51 Quote
Yes Fabian Barrels bike will be stronger but he thrashes it harder than anyone with a stock one. As for the FSR technology yes its owned by specialized, and Sam Hill used it as well as Fabian barrel but that doesn't mean they were using a Demo 8 does it.

I just looked at you Demo and its looks insane

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 2:52 Quote
jimap123 wrote:
Yes Fabian Barrels bike will be stronger but he thrashes it harder than anyone with a stock one. As for the FSR technology yes its owned by specialized but that doesn't mean its a Demo 8 does it.

expalin the last bit a bit better.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 3:07 Quote
there all really good bikes but you can get the stabs for alot cheeper so id go with that.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 3:39 Quote
marquis wrote:
jimap123 wrote:
Yes Fabian Barrels bike will be stronger but he thrashes it harder than anyone with a stock one. As for the FSR technology yes its owned by specialized but that doesn't mean its a Demo 8 does it.

expalin the last bit a bit better.

yeah he is a 12 year old kid, dont worry about him ay. and konas are going cheap cuz the spec on them! simple.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 4:12 Quote
canberradh wrote:

Wrong. Fort William is insane, Intense SOCOM frames have been known to die there.

There is nothing wrong with Kona frames, if it does snap, get it warrentied. Simple.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 5:54 Quote
many people here has no idea of what they're sayin... how can you say that Demo 8 is for freeride only or that the Stab is not for high competition?? say that to Fabien Barel...
jaj

Stab, SUnday and Demo8 are all very good bikes for DH... If you have to choose look at diferent ways of riding and geometries.. the shock sistem, components...

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
iron horse have made some really stinky bikes over the years.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 16:44 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
canberradh wrote:
stevendh wrote:

just saying what ive seen, dont have to be a dick about it

he is right buddy, konas do have big problems for 2008 and even past years for snapping head tubes!!! so why dont u apoligise to stevendh!!

Big problems snapping headtubes!? you guys are on crack. There isn't anyone on pinkbike who has given their kona more shit than I have. I've been at Fort William for a week, folded two wheels, broke my new world cup 888's at the crown, cracked a rear shock spring and was nailing some fast times

and my frame, it's still in one piece! wowzers.....

Also, the only demo I've ever had a go on was from 2006 and was heavy as hell.

Hey

you seem to have had quite a few things broken on it, specialy the 888 world cup, are you sure you set it up correctly? those things should not break if riden propely AND! correctly adjusted. fox rc 2 40, 888 wc, boxxer wc, are all exelent forks but problem with them are that they require you to set it up correctly, and not to freeride with them. as you seem to break quite a lot of gear i would recomend to switch to the more basic equipment, they might not be as good but they are more solid, unless you race in world cup level it shouldnt matter to much if you have a standerd 888 then a 888 wc.

coming back to the stab check this link out,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc88jN1xgk&NR=1 its the typical thing that happens to stab´s, happened to my friend to. but I must say its the best bike for your money

sunday really cool bike and same with the demo 8, hard choise... but the demo 8 seems beter if you do both freeride and downhill. the sunday is shiiiit for freeriding and everyone seems to be buying one latly,

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014033
Mobile Version of Website