Marzocchi vs Fox vs Rock Shox

PB Forum :: Downhill
Marzocchi vs Fox vs Rock Shox
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 21:54 Quote
SICK-biker wrote:
fox talas 32- 9/10
really great fork for dj and street, love it (just wish i had a newer version of it)
how old is ur talas?

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
2007 marzochhi dj2 aftermarket not OEM crap
9/10

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
Just ordered 08 Boxxer Team shud get here next week

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 23:06 Quote
I've ridden with all the main manufacturers but I definately like RockShox the best. We have a lot of RockShox forks in the family (I have ridden a Fox F90, Fox 40RC2, Marzocchi 66RCV, Marzocchi 888RC3 WC, Marzocchi DJ2, DJ3, and DJ4:

'08 Totem Solo Air on my Demo - Best fork I've ever ridden with, so incredible plush and smooth as butter. I DH and FR with it and I don't like DC forks anymore now because of this one. Adjustments are great too, and the Floodgate allows me to climb on my Demo 7. 10/10

'08 Reba SL on my FSRxc Pro - Decent fork, adjustments are good, very light, and relatively cheap. Since it's an air fork the damping is VERY progressive and doesn't feel that great (it ramps up a lot in the last few cms). 7/10

'07 Recon 335 on my FSRxc Comp - Decent fork, not as good as the Reba but stands up well to the abuse it goes through, adjustments are OK and it's a good fork overall for the price. 7/10

'08 Tora 302 "La Femme" Edition on my sister's Myka FSR Comp - Great beginner fork for XC, damping is good, and adjustments are OK. My sister needs nothing better (she's 12). 7/10

'08 Boxxer Race on a rental bike (Bergamont Team DH) - It's a very nice fork, extremely light and holds up to a surprising amount of abuse from me actually (I only weigh 63kg with riding gear). Adjustments are good, but the spring is a little stiff for my weight (but that's not the fork's fault). Great fork overall, and I'd like to get a Boxxer WC in the future for my dad. 9/10

If you want the reviews for the other forks I've tried, feel free to tell me.

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 23:23 Quote
If you're saying which is better: marz, rock shox, or fox? then clearly fox are the best. usually you get rebound and travel adjust on those. they're amazing and super lite. clearly the best forks but they're for a hefty price.

BUT that's just MY opinion!!!

although i'm running marzocchi's Razz

EDIT: sorry guys i didnt read the question. im running 2008 marz. 55r

they have 6.5 inches of travel, i love them so much theyre really great i'd say an 8/10. but if you have tons of money then buy a fox

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 23:30 Quote
there's already a thread like this..

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=901

edit: similiar, but not the same

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 23:39 Quote
Jose-David-DH wrote:
SICK-biker wrote:
fox talas 32- 9/10
really great fork for dj and street, love it (just wish i had a newer version of it)
how old is ur talas?

its a 2005

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 12:51 Quote
fox 36 talas r - the plushest fork iv ever had
marz dj1 2004 - shit untill you lower the oil and take one spring out then its amzing

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
I have to go with my 98 Z1 Bombers.

10 years old. Still working absolutely perfectly. And still one of the best forks I have used to date.

Big Grin

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 12:56 Quote
Freddy-Lee wrote:

10 years old. Still working absolutely perfectly. And still one of the best forks I have used to date.

Big Grin

im after a pair if you ever want to sell Razz

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
Got 06 Marzocchi Drop-Offs - 8/10

Bought them on a budget and found them to be mint.

Not sure what they're actually made for but as my bikes a play-bike and gets thrown around dirt jumping, trying to keep up with full susses freeriding and anything in between, I've found them to be really versatile.

Lockout function is dodgy, the switch (where the top cap would be) is easy to knock forwards by accident with a combination of a short frame and gangly legs (both of which I have), a mistake I made at the top of Hamsterly DH course... I had been suprised about how hard the drop felt, how high I got off the table and how big the rock garden felt before I realised I'd basically been riding rigid...

But after a bit of tape, theyre nice, cheap forks.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 13:33 Quote
08 Marzocchi 55 tst 2 9/10 great and amazingly smooth.
08 fox rp23 with xv sleeve 9/10 very smooth and adjustable.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 13:40 Quote
Freddy-Lee wrote:

Big Grin
those r sick, my lbs have a 08 z1 (OEM they got a bighit 1 and they installed a boxxer)

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 14:00 Quote
marzocchi are strong than fox !! i used dj 2 2008 its work awesome
but one thing in fox it great it more lighter than marz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011358
Mobile Version of Website