Biking causues testicular damage, impaired sperm functioning and erectile problems?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Biking causues testicular damage, impaired sperm functioning and erectile problems?
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 8:32 Quote
Unfortuantly I know this is ture. It is mainly for road bikers though as Lauri Stated. My physical therapist was working on my back and was telling me he and his wife could not get pregnant and it was because he was a roady, so he gave it up for a while and his tesitcles sorted its self out eventually, they are now celebrating a baby.

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 8:47 Quote
is this still an issue if you ride dirt, street, or trials, where a seat is not, or rarely used?

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 8:49 Quote
Heh, I don't have to worry about that at all...no seat on my bike....Smile

Another reason that trials is the sickest discipline of cycling.

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 8:50 Quote
gabor wrote:
If I remember correctly this has been classified as a myth / has been debunked (the low sperm count, anyway) - unfortunately I don't have the article with me but it basically explained that the effect was minimal or even non-existent.

It can cause ED though. Basically you lose sensation in the nerves down there.

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 8:52 Quote
I go hard and then i go home, and i go home, and im hard. i think im ok.

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 8:53 Quote
MFS420 wrote:
I go hard and then i go home, and i go home, and im hard. i think im ok.
*clap clap* well said

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
This is giving me a chuckle, all these boys worried about their junk and trunks.

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
apparently it is only rodies that have the problem becaue they are sitting with the the saddle squasing there boll*ocks and up there ass for hours on end,
in my oppinion very boding and painfull am i not right?

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 10:28 Quote
Its only if you sit down all the time..

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 10:29 Quote
Apparently There is more recognizeable calcium deposits in the testicles of Bike riders.. I only know this Cause I recently fractured my Femur and On my x-ray diagnosis It was left as a side note As the Calcium deposits show on x-ray..My doctor says this is farly normal for bikeriders of all kinds, It also it pervilent in horse riders... Nothing to worry about..

Also there was an article in "bike" magazine some time back Apparently //

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
mistercrabb wrote:

and what are rodies doing most of the time?.... i have never seen one standing up and they are always trying to take over the road when i am driving along.....
they are a pain in my ass lol

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 10:38 Quote
I was trying to find a link to a website that may help all those unthused people. Remember not every site is 100% true but I figure it might be worth reading it to get a little more insight on this topic.

http://www.iconocast.com/News_Files/HNews3XN_X_05/Health1.htm

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 10:41 Quote
bennyboi30 wrote:
mistercrabb wrote:

and what are rodies doing most of the time?.... i have never seen one standing up and they are always trying to take over the road when i am driving along.....
they are a pain in my ass lol

Ah I know Mike ( Lettusdude) will tell you how much I hate when they are in the middle of the road, if they keep to the side I don't care but if they think they own the road it drives me insane.

unicorn-bob wrote:
I was trying to find a link to a website that may help all those unthused people. Remember not every site is 100% true but I figure it might be worth reading it to get a little more insight on this topic.

http://www.iconocast.com/News_Files/HNews3XN_X_05/Health1.htm

That's not true....EVERYTHING you hear on Pb. is 100% true... all the time .. lol

I believe it. Land a huck wrong and go groin to stem so hard that it rips skin off your junk through your pants and shorts, that's when you start being afraid of testicular problems.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015077
Mobile Version of Website