thoughts on the chase proto type frame

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
thoughts on the chase proto type frame
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 11:21 Quote
What are your guys thoughts on the new chase frame, released at crankworx?
http://bikemag.com/news/freshproduce/8-18-08-previewed-aaron-chases-softail-street-bike/

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
personally I really dont like the look of it at ALL, but hey I'm sure it's a awesome bike I'm excited to here some reviews on it though

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
damn that looks awesome!Eek Eek Eek thats gotta be the only fs frame you can still run your seat slammed on - they will sell like hot cakes if they become a reality!

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
my thuoghts exactly do we think it will be a functional design?

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
well if you land real hard on yoour back tire, at least your suspension might bottom outBig Grin

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
That's such a good idea. Maybe a little heavy for street but I can see it working really good for something.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
why does cannondale always come up with quirky desings?

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
Wouldn't the top tube length be constantly changing?

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
The one thing I don't care for is once again, you can only use a Cannondale part on their bike. Since its a system only used by Cannondale, there's no real incentive for other companies to create alternative shocks.

Aside from that, its a reasonably unique idea and it'll be interesting to see if it gets made.

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 11:07 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
The one thing I don't care for is once again, you can only use a Cannondale part on their bike. Since its a system only used by Cannondale, there's no real incentive for other companies to create alternative shocks.

Aside from that, its a reasonably unique idea and it'll be interesting to see if it gets made.

i think it would work better if they found a way of attaching the saddle to a bit of the bike which isnt affected by the travel. Say there was a brace running from the top tube back to the saddle and they attach it to that.

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 16:12 Quote
My uncle once caught his dick in a pogo stick.Rolleyes I forsee that the same sort of accident will be happening with this frame on toptube-shagging landings.
I'm not convinced with it tbh

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
artwithatart wrote:
My uncle once caught his dick in a pogo stick.Rolleyes I forsee that the same sort of accident will be happening with this frame on toptube-shagging landings.
Ouch!!!Eek

I think its a sweet idea but it would be to heavy for street.
It might be perfect for slope style though but im not sure if 3 inchs of travel is enough.

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
artwithatart wrote:

i like how that rhymes

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010760
Mobile Version of Website