deity parts

PB Forum :: Other
deity parts
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 at 13:58 Quote
kicksnlicks wrote:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I have a great deal of respect for you Eric and everyone else at Deity. Very few companies put so much time, thought, and effort into their products.

And now a question... this may have been answered already and I just missed it, but how much are the new Vendetta cranksets going for?

Thanks for the good words...it means a lot!

The Vendetta Crankset will be available in two formats:
1) Vendetta with the Vendetta 68/73mm BB Kit
2) Vendetta with the Vendetta 83mm DH BB Kit

Both retail for $195usd and are amazing. From the design, detail, materials used, serviceability, and so much more...the Vendettas are in a class of their own. They are incredibly light and are designed for true riders who are looking for a light crankset that is not designed for a BMX bike, but for a MTB.

They will be available at the end of next week, so you can expect a ton of information to be up on the deity site by the end of next week also.

Thanks again for the love and support!

Regards,

Eric
deity

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 15:50 Quote
-deity- wrote:
urbanattack wrote:
question for deity...

are the 2008 25.4 handle bars going to be 7075 like the dirty 30s? or will they remain 6061, like the fantom stem.

and...do you have pics of the direct mount stem that you can post yet?

Thanks for the post...

The 08 Twenty14 Handlebars in both the 25.4 and 31.8 size are made from Double Butted 2014 T6 Aluminum, not 6061.

We made a 6061 Handlebar in 2004, but as that material is much weaker and thus needs a lot more (which adds weight), we made the change a while ago to 2014 T6 as it is a much much harder and stronger aluminum (which saves weight). 2014 T6 is a whole other level in comparison to 6061!

The DirtyThirty will come in double butted 7075 T6 so that we can remove every gram possible and bring you guys a race ready bar that outshines anything we have put it against on the market.

The Fantom Direct Mount will be released later in the year, so we are not releasing any information as of yet. There are quite a few parts that we are working on or have finished that will not be on the new site January 1st because we will not be launching them until later in 2008.

It is designed for a Boxxer and will feature the shortest bar height in the industry right now. They are amazing and light!

Regards,

Eric
deity

ah, okay...2014 and not 6061, 7075 to save weight, direct mount stem for the boxxer, and december 1st site launch date...geez, i was so misinformed tryin' to find out the info myself...thanks eric!!!...

on behalf of all of us, thank you for givin' us the time of day Big Grin keep up the fantastic work. i'm really feelin' the image and style it's bringin' to mountain biking, as well as the astounding commitment to quality, fit, finish, and function...can't wait to rock the new metal. all the best Smile

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 16:50 Quote
-deity- wrote:

Both retail for $195usd and are amazing. From the design, detail, materials used, serviceability, and so much more...the Vendettas are in a class of their own. They are incredibly light and are designed for true riders who are looking for a light crankset that is not designed for a BMX bike, but for a MTB.

They will be available at the end of next week, so you can expect a ton of information to be up on the deity site by the end of next week also.

Regards,

Eric
deity

This may be a dumb question, but do the Vendettas come in a dual ring configuration, or just a single ring DH-specific config?

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 8:49 Quote
robholio wrote:
-deity- wrote:

Regards,

Eric
deity

This may be a dumb question, but do the Vendettas come in a dual ring configuration, or just a single ring DH-specific config?

Thanks for the post!

You bet, you can run the Vendetta Crankset in a dual or even triple ring set up. All that you would need is any aftermarket spider that has mounting posts for a granny ring (much easier) and then you can run your choice of ring configurations. The two best options for spiders would be:

1) FSA 2/3 Ring Spider- Very cost effective and has the granny posts set up, so spacing of your rings is already dialed. They make 2 formats though, a 2/3 ring and a single ring, so make sure to grab the 2/3 ring model.

2) E13 Superspider- Much more expensive, but if you sleep with your bike like we do, then this is the spider for you. Sexy, light, stiff, what more do you need?

We are all running the Vendettas with TI spindles and 2 rings up front on our All MTN specific rigs and are in love. The weight is great even for a 5 inch travel front and rear rig and the stiffness is tough to beat. Shifting is flawless and set up of our chainlines has never been easier due to the adjustability in spacing of the Vendettas.

Let me know if you have any other questions and we appreciate the interest.

Regards,

Eric
deity

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 12:46 Quote
eric.
i think you should post up some pictures of your f1 jedi.
show everyone whos interested in the new parts what its all about.
that this is pure love.

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 13:20 Quote
yh it is good stuff but dose cost money and the handle bars are so nice

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 14:00 Quote
Josh-Rider wrote:
yh it is good stuff but dose cost money but if u hav the money get it

everything in life costs money.
im not sure i know where you were going with that comment

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 14:06 Quote
I have a mongoose ritual with american bb. My stock 3 piece keeps coming loose. Im not sure of my spindle size but would like to get a pair of diety cranks for my bike. would the spindle fit my bb? also can you buy them for cheaper without the bb. I might have to go used because I only have about $100 right now to work with.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 14:12 Quote
can you run the vendettas' with a bb other than the one it came with?

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 5:47 Quote
i got some vendetta cranks
photo

you can run them with anything i had a bmx chainwheel for park then i changed it for an mtb spider so i can have a bash for rocky dh i also think there the best looking crank out there and stiffer/lighter than my race face diablo
photo

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 12:20 Quote
TheFlashMan wrote:
i got some vendetta cranks
photo

you can run them with anything i had a bmx chainwheel for park then i changed it for an mtb spider so i can have a bash for rocky dh i also think there the best looking crank out there and stiffer/lighter than my race face diablo
photo

man those are so nice. Are you like a photographer because of all the good shots and the background

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 12:27 Quote
nahh i wish........ normal dig cam helpfull g,frend and the desire to one day get a pod. or the summer will come and ill be rideing again..... yippee

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
what is the name of that spider

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 12:49 Quote
its a fire-eye but you can get them from gusset e13 talon ect ect

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 8:33 Quote
Anyone know if its likely that deity will be coming out with shorter length crank arm options.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028498
Mobile Version of Website