O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 6:24 Quote
ghetto camelback

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 7:31 Quote
As a sound deadener (sp) for shimano rear derailleurs

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 8:01 Quote
aaah wrote:

How do you do this? I have a Shimano rear railer and I want to quiet it down.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
aaah wrote:

if my memory isnt wrong, you cant

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 11:14 Quote
its probably hittin ur frame. wrap it

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
aaah wrote:

Wrap a small piece around a zip tie and then wrap it around the chainstay where the derailleur hits the frame.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
aaah wrote:
Wrap a small piece around a zip tie and then wrap it around the chainstay where the derailleur hits the frame.

Ohhhh that's what you mean. I've already got some neoprene strips taped there for protection against chain slap, I was thinking maybe there was some other magic way to quiet the bike down... I don't think the derailleur is actually hitting the chainstay.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
use your bike tube as a belt

http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/10/05/spare-tire-bike-tube-belts/

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 1:29 Quote
^^^Big Grin Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.inhabitat.com/wp-content/uploads/sparetire1.jpg

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 1:44 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
aaah wrote:

Ohhhh that's what you mean. I've already got some neoprene strips taped there for protection against chain slap, I was thinking maybe there was some other magic way to quiet the bike down... I don't think the derailleur is actually hitting the chainstay.

mines does

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 3:02 Quote
Nzide wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:
aaah wrote:

mines does

Then that's... severely f*cked up.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 8:56 Quote
A derailleur hitting the chainstay shouldn't happen, ever. But of course there is derailleurs like Shimano SIS and the likes which do. And there is the unlikely case that your limiter screw snaps off and it is able to freely swing into the chainstay.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 9:42 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
Nzide wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:

mines does

Then that's... severely f*cked up.

well kindoff isnt the derailer another word for rear mech? the bit tht has the spring in it(shimano acera) hits the very rear of the chain stay.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019809
Mobile Version of Website