new truck

PB Forum :: NBR Photos
new truck
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 20:58 Quote
great-big-abyss wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that the F-350 got totalled. Those are dang nice trucks. But I'm glad to hear that you're okay.

Now for the condescending part. Your buddy was going to pass three cars on an ICY highway? What the hell was he thinking? Sounds like an idiotic thing to do IMO. Rolling a truck on a highway like that is NEVER an accident, but always a result of careless driving.
stop pussy footing. didnt you just buy an SI ? and you say your not gonna pass 3 ppl on a canadian highway? WTF

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 20:59 Quote
and marshall, thats weird cuz i just got the pictures of the truck my little brother wrote off the other night, its like almost the same feild setting only with a white dodge 3500 lolol i'll post pics up once my pinkbike lets me

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 21:08 Quote
How's the drive train on the truck, including the chassis? It would be neat if someone dropped a 70's F-250, 350 body on that thing! Can't let it go to waist

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 8:58 Quote
so where is the power in them pickups u wont a w12 audi q7 when they brign that out 1000nm of torque which would pull just about anythink or the vw tourage that has sumet like 750 or 800 nm of taque that pure pulling power they can pull a boeing 747
[img]http://www.automotoportal.com/media/images/vijesti/061122012.jpg[/img]
pure power n how heavy are they ??

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 10:09 Quote
harlieandhis250 wrote:
great-big-abyss wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that the F-350 got totalled. Those are dang nice trucks. But I'm glad to hear that you're okay.

Now for the condescending part. Your buddy was going to pass three cars on an ICY highway? What the hell was he thinking? Sounds like an idiotic thing to do IMO. Rolling a truck on a highway like that is NEVER an accident, but always a result of careless driving.
stop pussy footing. didnt you just buy an SI ? and you say your not gonna pass 3 ppl on a canadian highway? WTF

Yes, I did just buy an SI. But rest assured, I won't be passing anybody on an icy highway in the winter. And yes, my daily commute involves going from Winnipeg's center out to the country (a gravel pit, to be exact) so there's a lot of country highway to cover. A vehicle ends up in a ditch because somebody makes a poor decision that doesn't take into account the road conditions. I always drive according to the conditions outside. If the roads are wet, slippery, or its foggy, I'm a very cautious driver. If everything is dry and there's good visibility, let's just say that I'll be happy I'm driving an SI.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 10:20 Quote
siders wrote:
so where is the power in them pickups u wont a w12 audi q7 when they brign that out 1000nm of torque which would pull just about anythink or the vw tourage that has sumet like 750 or 800 nm of taque that pure pulling power they can pull a boeing 747
[img]http://www.automotoportal.com/media/images/vijesti/061122012.jpg[/img]
pure power n how heavy are they ??

Touareg...750 - 800nm = 553 - 590 ft.lbs of torque
W12 Audi Q7...1000nm = 738 ft.lbs of torque

Now that the numbers are in a unit I can understand, let me just say one thing. The frames, transmissions and suspensions on those vehicles are not designed to tow heavy loads. Sure, the motor sure is torquey, but there's a lot of variables to consider, including gear ratios and final drive ratios. When's the last time you saw a Touareg pulling a 35' horse trailor?

Anyway, those are substantial vehicles, and they both make tremendous power. However the power is intended more to increase driveability. You just can't beat a heavy duty truck with a diesel for pulling power and utility.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 10:54 Quote
[Quote] When's the last time you saw a Touareg pulling a 35' horse trailor?[/Quote]
well i was 1 pulling a 7 ton lorry up a hill the other day and they can pull 970,000 lb boeing 747 with cargo now can your ford pull that? no . the q7 and tourage have they have a electronic low range and inteligant 4 wheel drive to give power to the wheels that need it most

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 11:11 Quote
siders wrote:
[Quote] When's the last time you saw a Touareg pulling a 35' horse trailor?
well i was 1 pulling a 7 ton lorry up a hill the other day and they can pull 970,000 lb boeing 747 with cargo now can your ford pull that? no . the q7 and tourage have they have a electronic low range and inteligant 4 wheel drive to give power to the wheels that need it most[/Quote]

Just because it can tow a load that large doesn't mean it will repeatedly without failure. Those frames are not designed to be under that heavy of load. Just compare, without any figures, the size and strength of the two frames, motors aside. You can't put the two in the same category. These trucks are designed for towing, and theres no was a little car is going to come remotely close when it comes to repetitive towing under load.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 4:53 Quote
great-big-abyss wrote:
Now for the condescending part. Your buddy was going to pass three cars on an ICY highway?

It's Sask., you can literally see 100km down the road.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 14:39 Quote
siders wrote:
[Quote] When's the last time you saw a Touareg pulling a 35' horse trailor?
well i was 1 pulling a 7 ton lorry up a hill the other day and they can pull 970,000 lb boeing 747 with cargo now can your ford pull that? no . the q7 and tourage have they have a electronic low range and inteligant 4 wheel drive to give power to the wheels that need it most[/Quote]

did you watch the movie of them pulling the boeing? They loaded several thousand pounds of weight into the back of.

Trucks are designed to pull stuff, as they are. You don't need to load them up with stuff, a Toureg is nice but is has a 2" hitch for a reason.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 14:07 Quote
grindsphinx wrote:
younggunmarshall wrote:
actually, the last truck we had was a 2005 f150 lariat with every option except sunrof.
this one has quiet a few more options that the f150 did
for example, back up camera, lights under the mirrors to show the ground when you get out.. also quite a few more..

a bit confused by the comment from grindsphinx. please clarify?

Its not a Diesel i bet that thing is a pig on gas cause it probaly got a 5.4L or bigger, im personally a fan of the big,loud,smelly,TORQUEY! Diesels, second its a ford i find that fords ride horrible on the highway the sway form side to side and its a chrome'd out bling truck definatly not a shuttle truck, and its a short box short fit too much in the box thats why i like my Duramax or our Cummins they take a shit kicken and i love just hammering down in the cummins and blowing black smoke into the windows of all the little ricers Big Grin but im not sayin its not a nice truck dude its a nice truck just not my first choice for a truck, well i hope you have fun and pick up some bitties with that thing Cool tup

My "little ricer" would pull ten lengths on your Duramax in about ten seconds.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 16:32 Quote
Not hard to do if the Duramax is stopped, and your little ricer is on the back of their Cummings diesel!!!

Want some ice with that burn?:Plol

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:35 Quote
wow... talk about bringing back an old ass thread

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 13:03 Quote
Hardtail-Ripper87 wrote:
Not hard to do if the Duramax is stopped, and your little ricer is on the back of their Cummings diesel!!!

Want some ice with that burn?:Plol

Or it's making 400+ horsepower and weighs about a ton.

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 19:18 Quote
update on the truck..
lost a bet.. had to polish and detail the whole truck.
two days of polishing and waxing = a truck thats wwwaayyy to shiny for my liking!

mirror.... or a truck?
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/paparazzi_lyfestyle/graphitti012.jpgflat black? i think not
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/paparazzi_lyfestyle/graphitti006.jpgphoto i liked most.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/paparazzi_lyfestyle/graphitti017.jpgalso ended up getting the fifth wheel hitch in and hauled some bales, and have done lots of towing with the bobcat trailer and the 30F bevertail.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011779
Mobile Version of Website