Help please, breakless or with 2 breaks?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Help please, breakless or with 2 breaks?
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 2:18 Quote
if you have balls, go breakless
if your sensible, 1 rear brake
if your a noob go with 2

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 2:18 Quote
ahaha, we all make mistakes lol

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 3:05 Quote
i personally run 1 brake on the back with a linear cable but if you feel safer with both on go for it..just dont go brakeless if your not confident with your bike or just to be trendy

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 3:09 Quote
no way you just take you breaks off to save weight, not to be trendy, just like how you take seatbelts out of your car so you can go faster

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 3:19 Quote
momojellydonut wrote:
no way you just take you breaks off to save weight, not to be trendy, just like how you take seatbelts out of your car so you can go faster

The OP had to ask how many brakes he should run, there's no way he understands that brakeless saves weight. He clearly just asked about it because he thinks it's trendy.

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 3:22 Quote
why dose it matter if hes trying to be a hipster, i would tell him to roll break less, it will get you good fast, or make you quit jumping, just depends if ur a pussy or not

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 3:28 Quote
momojellydonut wrote:
why dose it matter if hes trying to be a hipster, i would tell him to roll break less, it will get you good fast, or make you quit jumping, just depends if ur a pussy or not

would you tell a 5 year old on his first bike to ride brakeless because he will learn faster?

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 3:31 Quote
no what im saying is if you plan on getting into jumping and you can take pain then tear off those breaks, and how many 5 year olds are gettin into jumping

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 3:34 Quote
if he's new to riding he'll want to be able to stop
and the 5 year old was a metaphor for a new rider learning things..

i know when i started off i wanted to be able to bail out of things pretty easily especially with riding along hills

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 3:37 Quote
and what better way to learn to bail off your bike then to know that if you dont your screwed
edit: hahahaa i just relized my 6 year old cuzin(sp?) rides breakless

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 9:27 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
if your a noob go with 2

So you're saying that riders such as Adam Banton, Brian Kachinsky, Jay Miron , Dave Osato, Eben Fischer, Bobbie Altiser, etc, are all noobs and have no balls?

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 9:33 Quote
Brian Kachinsky is the man!

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 9:36 Quote
Jesus Christ, the brake-haters are at it again. F*ck off and die, seriously...

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 9:39 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:
if your a noob go with 2

So you're saying that riders such as Adam Banton, Brian Kachinsky, Jay Miron , Dave Osato, Eben Fischer, Bobbie Altiser, etc, are all noobs and have no balls?

nah they do street and park where a front brake has a use
the op is dirt jumping

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 9:43 Quote
A front brake has no use dirt jumping? It magically doesn't slow you down if you decide to hit a couple kickers, or what?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016211
Mobile Version of Website