Introduce Yourself - Female Only Please

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Introduce Yourself - Female Only Please
| Next Page
Posted: May 26, 2021 at 12:27 Quote
Hey all, I'm Chrissy. I live in Virginia and am just getting back into mountain biking after two thumb surgeries. I originally injured my thumb (dislocating and tearing ligaments) at work in 2016 and have been reduced to only road cycling since that first surgery. I had my second operation in March which was a fusion so in a month or so the joint will be immobile (which is a good thing in this case!) and I'll be free to mountain bike at my own discretion again. I'm waiting until my husband gets fed up with me borrowing his Banshee Rune to go ride to drop the money on my own bike, but have started the hunt in case something catches my eye, plus medical clearance- that *technically* hasn't happened yet Facepalm Happy to be part of the community again!

Posted: May 29, 2021 at 20:16 Quote
Hello everyone !
I'm Karine, 26 years old and I started mountain biking 2 years ago. I live in Quebec, Canada. I probably changed my bike more than most because it didn't fit my needs First I had a hardtail (Trek Marlin 6 XSmall) wich my fiancé gave me for my birthday and it hooked me on the sport a lot! But it had some limits because it was so stiff and Quebec isn't such a smooth place to ride After that, I changed for a full suspension (Devinci Spartan NX 2017 Small) and it became the love of my life... until I realized it was too big for me I still have it to this day, but I am switching my frame for another one that is a size smaller I am glad to discover this sport and experiment techniques and tricks I learned so much about how important the size and settings of your bike is in the last year, and I am beginning to really see how a bigger bike affects lots of parts in my rides that I struggle with! I am eager to learn more and if you ride near me I am always open to new biking partners! ‍♀️

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
Hi! I'm Emily, I'm 31 and an action photographer based in Reno, NV! I'm new to the biking world but not to action sports. If you're a skier you've maybe seen my work a time or two.

I've been in the bike world for just over a year and excited to be involved and improve my skills as a rider. If you're in Tahoe, I'd love to link up, get some photos, and grab a beer! Or, maybe, travel somewhere else for now...

Happy to be on PinkBike Smile

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 13:18 Quote
LynkNationPhoto wrote:
Hi! I'm Emily, I'm 31 and an action photographer based in Reno, NV! I'm new to the biking world but not to action sports. If you're a skier you've maybe seen my work a time or two.

I've been in the bike world for just over a year and excited to be involved and improve my skills as a rider. If you're in Tahoe, I'd love to link up, get some photos, and grab a beer! Or, maybe, travel somewhere else for now...

Hi EmilySmile
Your skills as a skier will help you get the hang of things much faster! I took up mountain biking almost 30 years ago as something to do in the off-season. Now I spend more time on my bike than I do on my snowboard.

I hear the fire situation is bad around Tahoe. Hope you're safe!

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 8:01 Quote
srh2 wrote:
LynkNationPhoto wrote:

Hi EmilySmile
Your skills as a skier will help you get the hang of things much faster! I took up mountain biking almost 30 years ago as something to do in the off-season. Now I spend more time on my bike than I do on my snowboard.

I hear the fire situation is bad around Tahoe. Hope you're safe!

Yes! I've happily already noticed some skills from skiing transferring over! It's been a really fun activity to pick up.

We are safe where we are and we're hopefully seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for some of this fire activity, finger's crossed.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 8:56 Quote
My name is Lacey, I have just got back into riding after about a 10 year hiatus. I ride a Giant Reign SX 29 and Kona hardtail. I love old school single track with roots, rocks and jumps. I live in BC and riding after a good rain storm is the best because I absolutely love mud!!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Hi ladies, reintroducing myself as I've been away from mountain biking for around 10 years!!! I recently just bought a Scott hardtail and am dreaming of a nice full suspension again eventually...bikes have changed so much since I was last into it! So far I'm just doing bikejoring with my dogs and easy riding on logging roads to get back into it. I used to love flowy trails with berms and tabletops. Nice to see so many women into riding now!

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005562
Mobile Version of Website