Foot cramps!

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Foot cramps!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 17:32 Quote
Ok, so im a guy but im asking on my fiances behalf.
Whilst out riding and generaly after about an hour she gets crippling cramps in the centre of her foot, and persist throughout the ride. Is there any sort or exercise or massage that might cure this?
The doctor has given her feet a clean bill of health...

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 17:54 Quote
probably shoes. i had the same problem when i used road shoes for my mountain bike. if your shoes flex a lot it puts a lot of stress on the center of your foot were the pedal is.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
Is ther any particular shoe that would help with this? or just experiment? at the moment she wears pair of flat skate type shoes (women specific)

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
I some times get that.
Its probally because the pedals are to small.
Throw on some big pedals and see.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 18:15 Quote
if worse comes to worst, get an xray, cud be a stress fracture.. ive heard of it.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
Shes already had an Xray and nothing showed up, that was our first thought. also she is running 24seven flat pedals, and they have a larger pedal surface than my v8's!

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
well that busted my thought.
Tell her to suck it up.Jailbreak Whip (are they that bad)

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
She also wears high heels to work, (obviously not riding there in them) but im not sure if thats a bad thing. I appreciate the help so far, but was kinda hoping for a womans view on this as im sure there are probably women specific cycling shoes or some kinda muscular massage/exercise that may cure the problem.

No offence guys.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
the1nonlyj wrote:
She also wears high heels to work, (obviously not riding there in them) but im not sure if thats a bad thing. I appreciate the help so far, but was kinda hoping for a womans view on this as im sure there are probably women specific cycling shoes or some kinda muscular massage/exercise that may cure the problem.

No offence guys.
ill invite a mod .

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
roger-dodger wrote:
well that busted my thought.
Tell her to suck it up.Jailbreak Whip (are they that bad)
Its that bad, she has to take her shoe off as it restricts the muscle in her foot and makes it worse.

Trust, she takes a beatin like the rest of us, but there is a limit.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
I get them in my foot when i have it in a certain place for to long and the do hurt like a bitch. Get her doctor shools for her or what ever there called.

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
High heels definitely put stress on a foot. Maybe try getting her into a cross trainer instead of the skate shoes. Not the best option for biking but it might do the trick. Otherwise it might just a muscle she has to build up strength in.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
What would a cross trainer achieve??? not questioning your knowledge, but what would the effect be on the foot?

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
the1nonlyj wrote:
What would a cross trainer achieve??? not questioning your knowledge, but what would the effect be on the foot?
arch support

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
gregarious wrote:
the1nonlyj wrote:
arch support

And lots and lots of foot rubs will help out on and off the bike!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009479
Mobile Version of Website