29er dirt jumper

PB Forum :: 29ers
29er dirt jumper
Author Message
Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 8:06 Quote
gabodude wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bcdracing.com/psycho-billy-cadillac/oct08/AFG3%20053.jpg

One of the UGLIEST bikes I have ever seen. Ever.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 8:09 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
gabodude wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bcdracing.com/psycho-billy-cadillac/oct08/AFG3%20053.jpg

One of the UGLIEST bikes I have ever seen. Ever.

She's no beauty queen, But it's very well made and quite witty, it has to be seen in person to be appreciated.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 8:22 Quote
kohl wrote:
29 dh bike could be sweet biger wheels would go dh faster roll over the lil bumps faster and as far as strength works i dont think ud have a problem just do a 36h adn run ur spok tension a lil tight dude it could be sick and u get suspension so absorb alot of it...djs would suck with a 29er but dh is another story -
they dont turn fast enough

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
poozank wrote:
kohl wrote:
29 dh bike could be sweet biger wheels would go dh faster roll over the lil bumps faster and as far as strength works i dont think ud have a problem just do a 36h adn run ur spok tension a lil tight dude it could be sick and u get suspension so absorb alot of it...djs would suck with a 29er but dh is another story -
they dont turn fast enough

If the bike is built right, and you've got the right geometry, a 29er can almost handle as nimbly as a 26" bike in the technical stuff. Its where you're going slow, and squeezing between trees where you start having problems.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 13:24 Quote
gabodude wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:
gabodude wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bcdracing.com/psycho-billy-cadillac/oct08/AFG3%20053.jpg

One of the UGLIEST bikes I have ever seen. Ever.

She's no beauty queen, But it's very well made and quite witty, it has to be seen in person to be appreciated.
I really like it, the paint isn't to good, but I think the frame has potential....

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 13:31 Quote
nishnash wrote:
gabodude wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:


One of the UGLIEST bikes I have ever seen. Ever.

She's no beauty queen, But it's very well made and quite witty, it has to be seen in person to be appreciated.
I really like it, the paint isn't to good, but I think the frame has potential....

I agree. If some company out there (C'mon MAVIC!) builds a 29er wheel that can actually survive hitting a boulder head-on at 60kmph, without tacoing, or going out of tru, that frame has some real potential in DH.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 13:36 Quote
We also need 29'er forks, on that frame the F0x 40's are modified. I think that as a race bike, a 29'er would be very possible. He is selling those for 2700 if you are interested, check out his site here
http://bcdracing.com/psycho-billy-cadillac/inedible.htm

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 13:40 Quote
nishnash wrote:
We also need 29'er forks, on that frame the F0x 40's are modified. I think that as a race bike, a 29'er would be very possible. He is selling those for 2700 if you are interested, check out his site here
http://bcdracing.com/psycho-billy-cadillac/inedible.htm

Nah man, but thanks. I'm into marathon XC racing. Complete opposite of DH. I don't have the guts to get serious into DH, and I also don't have strong enough joints.

However, if he builds aluminum HT SS frames, I'd be interested, but let not get this thread off topic.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 13:46 Quote
Ooops! Didn't see that this was in the road forum! Anyways, I would be willing to try a 29'er in any form of biking.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Ooops! Didn't see that this was in the road forum! Anyways, I would be willing to try a 29'er in any form of biking.

It's cool. I was talking more about this specific thread "29er DJ" not "29er anything"

Posted: Oct 30, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
SE Bikes makes a 29er BMX called the Big Ripper.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.sebikes.com/CMSTemplates/ASIASPX/ResizeImage.aspx?nodeID=45781&w=427

Posted: Oct 30, 2008 at 16:46 Quote
Technically isn't that a cruiser?

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
mcl1964 wrote:
F**k all these losers who will deride your idea! I think it's such a good concept, that I am having a custom 700c bmx frame made for me. Here is rendering of what it'll look like.
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/2372/pbpic2372521.jpg
The geo of a Vagasso Jabberwocky is pretty close to this concept if you want to build up a 29 dirt jumper now. It is a standard 135mm rear spaced, disk only, mtb bike, and I wanted to use bmx hubs, which called for a custom frame.

If you put drop bars on it, you can make it a road bike. Smile

A dj/park bike with 29er wheels would not do well with the wind drafting through the wheels... Really flimsy too! Shorter spoke lenghs = stiff wheels.

Nice sketch for an idea.Salute

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 at 7:20 Quote
DH 69 may work then you could probably have loads of rear wheel travel? Just an idea like.

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 at 18:45 Quote
gabodude wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:
gabodude wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bcdracing.com/psycho-billy-cadillac/oct08/AFG3%20053.jpg

One of the UGLIEST bikes I have ever seen. Ever.

She's no beauty queen, But it's very well made and quite witty, it has to be seen in person to be appreciated.

That is sick, I had no idea people where doing this


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005960
Mobile Version of Website