Where are all the good trails in B.C.

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Where are all the good trails in B.C.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 9:08 Quote
where are any really good trails other than the watershed?

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 9:11 Quote
Go hunting for em:P i live in the flatest place in the Uk so don't tell me you cant find any:P Smile

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 10:43 Quote
i livw in richmond so i cant find any because richmond is all flat

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 10:47 Quote
Superman199 wrote:
where are any really good trails other than the watershed?
have you been to kelowna yet????

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 11:19 Quote
Search button FTW! But your 12 I'll throw you a bone:

South Surrey bike park - Similar to the delta watershed but with less vertical. Lots of wood work & a jump park if you're into that sort of thing. Go on a dry day as the wood work in there is getting old and doesn't see much traffic, therefore; it's extremely slippery in wet conditions.

SFU/Burnaby Mountain - one step up in difficulty from the shed because of the vertical. The back side has the skills park which is pretty good.

Seymour/Fromme/Cypress - The birthplace of freeride. Steep, gnarly, technical; a blue trail here is a black or double black anywhere else in the world. World class riding.

Woodlot (maple ridge) - Similar to the shore but a little less steep and a bit smoother. Difficult to locate the trails if its your first time there.

Bear mountain (Maple Ridge) - Similar to the woodlot, but even smoother.

This isn't even the tip of the iceberg for trails in the GVRD, let alone all of BC.

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 11:29 Quote
in Kamloops, the bike ranch, Harper, Rose Hill, Sun Peaks (lift accessed) to name a few

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 12:12 Quote
on vancouver island doumont rd nanaimo

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
whistler anybody...

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
toonboy wrote:
Search button FTW! But your 12 I'll throw you a bone:

South Surrey bike park - Similar to the delta watershed but with less vertical. Lots of wood work & a jump park if you're into that sort of thing. Go on a dry day as the wood work in there is getting old and doesn't see much traffic, therefore; it's extremely slippery in wet conditions.

SFU/Burnaby Mountain - one step up in difficulty from the shed because of the vertical. The back side has the skills park which is pretty good.

Seymour/Fromme/Cypress - The birthplace of freeride. Steep, gnarly, technical; a blue trail here is a black or double black anywhere else in the world. World class riding.

Woodlot (maple ridge) - Similar to the shore but a little less steep and a bit smoother. Difficult to locate the trails if its your first time there.

Bear mountain (Maple Ridge) - Similar to the woodlot, but even smoother.

This isn't even the tip of the iceberg for trails in the GVRD, let alone all of BC.

How do you get to the Bear Mountain one?

cheers

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
whistler is a must for all dh bikers

everyone from bc should at least go to whistler once in there lives, sadly i haven't

on vancouver island there lot of selection from nanaimo all the way to comox valley. these are some places you should check out

DOUMONT RD: great place to go to practice your skill and rip up. must hit in nanaimo

MT BENSON: heard it was good, never have been up there ever , but have got some pretty good reviews

Hammerfest DH: probbly one of the better places to dh other than mt washington

Mt.washington: got some really good trails up there. its more of an adavanced mountain but nothing close to whistler.: good trails to hit are evil eye, wizard, back in black, hustler, big brother, time warp and helter skelter

thats basicly all i know for spots on vi for dh

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
They're secret..

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 19:48 Quote
its not like, what trails are good, its just one trail on mt prevost you dont ride anything else or you wont go fast enough.

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 19:48 Quote
Burke mountain in Coquitlam, Woodlot in Maple ridge(more freeride but still trail stuff)

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
jamesonreynolds wrote:
whistler is a must for all dh bikers

everyone from bc should at least go to whistler once in there lives, sadly i haven't

on vancouver island there lot of selection from nanaimo all the way to comox valley. these are some places you should check out

DOUMONT RD: great place to go to practice your skill and rip up. must hit in nanaimo

MT BENSON: heard it was good, never have been up there ever , but have got some pretty good reviews

Hammerfest DH: probbly one of the better places to dh other than mt washington

Mt.washington: got some really good trails up there. its more of an adavanced mountain but nothing close to whistler.: good trails to hit are evil eye, wizard, back in black, hustler, big brother, time warp and helter skelter

thats basicly all i know for spots on vi for dh
you havent even been to any of thoose places

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 21:25 Quote
Dude, visit Trailpeak.com... all or a lot will be revealed.

DM

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011656
Mobile Version of Website