PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Switching lowers
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:25 Quote
Just buy a new fork FFS

dh-pete wrote:
kickasskonakid101 wrote:
the super t lowers are still LONGER

Yup. I say if you still think you can do it, go try. Some people need to learn the hard way.

ha ha . . . this guy is so hell-bent on being right he's not willing to take NO for an answer. Wink

Dude above is right - give it a shot and let us know how it goes . . . including a one month post-fix summary. If you hear metal-on-metal crunching or they piss oil then you'll have your answer.

kickasskonakid101 wrote:
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddy i just dont see why this wouldnt be possible are there internals in the lowers or are they just tubes that hold the stantions in place

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:26 Quote
madeinchinamyass wrote:
kickasskonakid101 wrote:
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddy i just dont see why this wouldnt be possible are there internals in the lowers or are they just tubes that hold the stantions in place
OMG

Your a fool man

Take no as an answer and move on

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:29 Quote
Alright ill take them apart and see if I see anyu difference that could possibly but either fork in jepordy I wont do it

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:31 Quote
oh oh y not just get a smaller tire its probs cheaper then the new forkoil ul need

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:31 Quote
What in the hell are you talking about

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:33 Quote
im sorry i miss read ur first post
u need a new fork

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:34 Quote
Yes i do it would be nice if i had money right now im just trying to be resourceful

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:37 Quote
this isnt f*cking clothes or something you cant mix and match whatever you want it just doesnt work that way

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
ok buddy i didnt know

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:40 Quote
Why do you asked a question if you not willing to accept the answer?
Hello Mc Fly, wake up and listen. And if you're going to do what ever you want then don't botter posting and wasting our time.
Question answered..."NO"
Or I can make you happy and do it, then you can go hurt yourself.
End of thread.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:40 Quote
Yes you can as long as the width of the stantions tubes is the same on both forks.
DJ28 wrote:
this isnt f*cking clothes or something you cant mix and match whatever you want it just doesnt work that way
Then what about pargyles or a revolution/pike cross bread or a drop off mixed with a dj1,2,3 or 4? as long as the stantion tubes have the same stance and diameter it will work fine.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:41 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Yes you can as long as the width of the stantions tubes is the same on both forks.

Why is everybody telling me it cant be done then

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:41 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
no he cant the length of the lowers is diffrent

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015078
Mobile Version of Website