Switching lowers

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Switching lowers
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:42 Quote
kickasskonakid101 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Yes you can as long as the width of the stantions tubes is the same on both forks.
no he cant the length of the lowers is diffrent

The length of the lowers is the exact same

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:43 Quote
kickasskonakid101 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Yes you can as long as the width of the stantions tubes is the same on both forks.
no he cant the length of the lowers is diffrent
no they are the same. the drop off and dirt jumper series use the same lowers. and as you may be to ignorant to notice the drop off triple has 7 inches of travel which is teh same as his super t.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:44 Quote
i think we have a million to one the u cant do this but like others have said giver
i just dont wanna see u and that fork after a couple rides

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:44 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Then what about pargyles

Haha, Pargyles, the biggest waste of money and time ever. Rockshox have confirmed the Pike and Argyle use the same lowers.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:45 Quote
kickasskonakid101 wrote:
i think we have a million to one the u cant do this but like others have said giver
i know some one who has been doing this with drop off crowns and dirt jumper lowers since 04... no problems at all.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:47 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
kickasskonakid101 wrote:
i know some one who has been doing this with drop off crowns and dirt jumper lowers since 04... no problems at all.

How about you post a pic and then we will all believe you

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:48 Quote
madeinchinamyass wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
kickasskonakid101 wrote:

How about you post a pic and then we will all believe you
Ok one problem though i am in Whistler right now.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:50 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Then what about pargyles

Haha, Pargyles, the biggest waste of money and time ever. Rockshox have confirmed the Pike and Argyle use the same lowers.
I like to call them pickles.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:52 Quote
-jumpstyle- wrote:
dh-pete wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Then what about pargyles

what about using revolution uppers with pik/argyle lowers?

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:59 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
dh-pete wrote:

what about using revolution uppers with pik/argyle lowers?

It's to lose weight when done with a Pike and to lose weight and add strength when done with an Argyle.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:14 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
Take no as an answer and move on

If everyone did that then most innovation would never happen.

DJ28 wrote:
this isnt f*cking clothes or something you cant mix and match whatever you want it just doesnt work that way

It can happen though.

I say give it a try. I put a set of '99 z1 internals into a '00 z5 lower. Just make sure to keep everything in order, in case it doesn't go back together, the only thing you really lose is time. Just make sure not to cut anything.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
It'll work fine as long as the foot nuts are the same size which I believe they are.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 20:06 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Then what about pargyles

sure but the top crown/stancions/steerer is better isint it, and also I think argyle lowers are way sicker so then you basically switch the internals and uppers and you can sell the pike lower argyle upper combination for $$

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
stoeps wrote:
dh-pete wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Then what about pargyles

sure but the top crown/stancions/steerer is better isint it, and also I think argyle lowers are way sicker so then you basically switch the internals and uppers and you can sell the pike lower argyle upper combination for $$

It makes a hell of a lot more sense to me to run Pike lowers on Revelation uppers.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
Not to mention the Rebalation is the most baller 4x fork ever. Run Reba uppers with 20mm Revelation lowers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019547
Mobile Version of Website