Post your Devinci Wilson

PB Forum :: Devinci
Post your Devinci Wilson
O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 16:57 Quote
Hey guys, just wondering. Has anybody noticed some play from the pivot that attaches the wishbone to the control piece? I tightened both bolts on the wishbone which caused some play before, but I just had the linkage rebuilt...

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 17:04 Quote
Also, @forest. I would recommend you send the frame to Devinci or bring it in to your local bike shop.

Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 22:25 Quote
Is it the black bolt? Some blue loctite as well as so.e gorrilla tape next to the entrance area of the bolt to 'preload' it. This is what I did and it removed all play until I sold the bike. I posted pics a few pages back if you need a look

Posted: Oct 8, 2017 at 12:33 Quote
orangeMTBrider wrote:
Hey guys, just wondering. Has anybody noticed some play from the pivot that attaches the wishbone to the control piece? I tightened both bolts on the wishbone which caused some play before, but I just had the linkage rebuilt...

I had this when I rebuild mine. Remove the cranks and tighten the bb carrier a bit more. Not sure what the proper name for it is. Its the bits that screw into the from for your BB to go into.

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 3:06 Quote
photo
Does anyone have play in the lower shock mounting bolt? Cranked down and still sloppy

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 8:01 Quote
Matt-Levasseur wrote:
photo
Does anyone have play in the lower shock mounting bolt? Cranked down and still sloppy

Put gorrilla tape to act as spacer with a generous amount of loctite on the threads of the wishbone bolt. Hasn t budged in 4months with over 5 park days and many other dh shuttle runs. Pretty stoked this ghetto fix worked knock on wood.

Had this same problem. Ghetto, but never had a problem again.

Blue loctight and gorrilla tape along the outside of where the bolt enters to 'preload' the wishbone. never came loose again after double digits bike park days and 8 months dh riding.

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2017 at 16:02 Quote
So I tried everyone's tips on how to remove play from the wishbone area, which fixed that area's play. Now I have play coming from near the bottom bracket. Anybody else have this issue or has any tips on how to fix it?

Posted: Oct 26, 2017 at 18:33 Quote
orangeMTBrider wrote:
So I tried everyone's tips on how to remove play from the wishbone area, which fixed that area's play. Now I have play coming from near the bottom bracket. Anybody else have this issue or has any tips on how to fix it?

did you check the iscg plate?

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 18:53 Quote
Yeah, checked the iscg plate. I found out that it's the BB pivot that seems to be creating the play. Don't I need a special tool to sort that out?

Posted: Nov 17, 2017 at 14:16 Quote
orangeMTBrider wrote:
Yeah, checked the iscg plate. I found out that it's the BB pivot that seems to be creating the play. Don't I need a special tool to sort that out?

No, slacken pinch bolts and gently tap it tighter with a hammer and screwdriver, you can get a tool utility I just done it that way.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2017 at 8:18 Quote
mwilliams wrote:
orangeMTBrider wrote:

No, slacken pinch bolts and gently tap it tighter with a hammer and screwdriver, you can get a tool utility I just done it that way.

Thanks man! I'll try it once I get the chance this week.

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 10:37 Quote
Devinci Wilson
my new dh rig, everything stock except magura mt7 brakes

Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 9:35 Quote
First dh rig ever !

photo
photo

Posted: Dec 8, 2017 at 9:09 Quote
Does anyones wilson make a lot of noise when riding it. I want to get one but my friend says his is super loud and i like my bikes to be quiet.

Posted: Dec 8, 2017 at 14:56 Quote
I have a 26in Wilson I find its super quiet.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020473
Mobile Version of Website