Post your Devinci Wilson

PB Forum :: Devinci
Post your Devinci Wilson
Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 8:29 Quote
naturaltalent wrote:
Its probably a vivid coil. Stick the 350 spring back on and slow the hsr down a few clicks. Tune the lsr to suit so you dont get packing. Too little compression can cause the shock to get too deep into its travel too easily causing the spring to store and return more energy and make bucking worse. Im 145 lbs and run a 300 lb spring on my wilson and its almost a bit soft.

The 350lb spring was to much, It really threw me off the bike. The 300lb I still cant get to the proper sag point. I had my brother get on it, he is about 200lbs and he was able to get it to hit the 30% sag mark, weird. At this point I am just going to sell the bike as I don't feel safe on it anymore. I've spent a whole weekend at the bike park trying to get it to not buck me and it still does. Ive ridden a handful of other DH bikes and never had this problem. Sucks because I really wanted to like this bike. I'm riding a size small and maybe that might be a problem too as it feels small even for my size. Anyhow thanks for the advice guys.

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 8:03 Quote
Does anyone know the specs for the lower headset bearing on a 2017 carbon RC?

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 13:07 Quote
Does anyone uses a 10sp shimano saint transmission on their wilson ? I just installed a new one on my 2013 sl and shifting performance is crap, wondered if the bike has something to do with it as every variable has been eliminated :

-Cassette, chain, shifter and derailleur are brand new
-Chain length is correct (Big-big combo + rear suspension fully compressed)
-B-tension screw is tightened just enough so I don't have any slack in my chain
-Cable and housing are new and properly lubricated
-Cassette is a 10sp 11-28 ultegra
-Derailleur is used without the mode converter and sits properly on the derailleur hanger
-Derailleur hanger is straight
-Cassette spacing is ok (hope pro 4 black spacer + silver shimano spacer)
-In thinking that I got something wrong I took it to the lbs.. 16yo kid that touched my bike destroyed my barrel adjuster on my shifter.. asked the senior mechanics to take a look at my bike and they said to put a bigger cassette on it or just install a sram transmission...

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 16:24 Quote
Forest-Gnome wrote:
Does anyone uses a 10sp shimano saint transmission on their wilson ? I just installed a new one on my 2013 sl and shifting performance is crap, wondered if the bike has something to do with it as every variable has been eliminated :

-Derailleur is used without the mode converter and sits properly on the derailleur hanger
-In thinking that I got something wrong I took it to the lbs.. 16yo kid that touched my bike destroyed my barrel adjuster on my shifter.. asked the senior mechanics to take a look at my bike and they said to put a bigger cassette on it or just install a sram transmission...

i only swap my sram x7 for a zee and cant make the transmission works good like when i have the x7, dont know why too.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 16:34 Quote
I had to cut the chain one link too short to make it shift good; maybe devinci doesn't work well with shimano I dunno.. anybody else have experienced this ?

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 16:34 Quote
Forest-Gnome wrote:

Sounds like you have a damaged barrel adjuster.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 18:10 Quote
Forest-Gnome wrote:
I had to cut the chain one link too short to make it shift good; maybe devinci doesn't work well with shimano I dunno.. anybody else have experienced this ?
when i install the zee i cut the chain but even with the chain shorter the transmission doesnt work properly

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 18:14 Quote
only have 9 of 10 gears on use

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 19:11 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Forest-Gnome wrote:

Sounds like you have a damaged barrel adjuster.
I had a damaged one on my saint, easy solution, find the metal threaded plate thingy thats dangling on the cable inside the shifter, put it back in place and superglue it.

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 0:15 Quote
Forest-Gnome wrote:

I had a similar experience.

Noticed that for shifting to be perfect, you would have to get the correct spacing/B-tension (measured at smallest cog to upper derailer pulley).

However, this will cause the chain to slack a little when in the smallest cog. (may not slack if you have a chain guide and tensioner)

Not too much an issue, because when the Bike is sagged, the chain would tension up.

Perhaps the only time you may really find the chain moving due to the slack is when you are at the smallest cog and phloughing through a root garden.

Hope this helps

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 7:49 Quote
Hey guys, thanks for the support. Yeah the kid in my lbs destroyed my barrel adjuster; the bolt was completely mashed through the plastic adjuster and the spring was missing. The senior mechanics had to use pliers to unscrew it. The shifter was brand new and I knew that it functioned properly before giving them my bike. I had to argue for 30min with the shop owner to get another one (which will have to be ordered); he told me that the barrel adjuster was oxidized (lol) so it couldn't be new and that my bike was a mess because all of the parts were bought online..

Anyway.. it was really a matter of b tension adjustment; it shifts perfectly now. Fitted a new barrel adjuster on my shifter. To obtain proper shifting, the derailleur had to be closer to the cogs, which made the chain sag a lot on the smallest cogs. So I made a concession and cut one link. If the suspension bottoms out on the big-big combo, the chain will be too much stretched and the derailleur will probably be damaged. I have no clue why this happens, maybe it's the way the saint mech was designed (with the mode converter), or maybe the derailleur position on the frame is optimized for sram I don't know.. I just don't like the fact that I couldn't get the proper chain length and good shifting at the same time.

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 8:57 Quote
Forest-Gnome wrote:
Hey guys, thanks for the support. Yeah the kid in my lbs destroyed my barrel adjuster; the bolt was completely mashed through the plastic adjuster and the spring was missing. The senior mechanics had to use pliers to unscrew it. The shifter was brand new and I knew that it functioned properly before giving them my bike. I had to argue for 30min with the shop owner to get another one (which will have to be ordered); he told me that the barrel adjuster was oxidized (lol) so it couldn't be new and that my bike was a mess because all of the parts were bought online..

Anyway.. it was really a matter of b tension adjustment; it shifts perfectly now. Fitted a new barrel adjuster on my shifter. To obtain proper shifting, the derailleur had to be closer to the cogs, which made the chain sag a lot on the smallest cogs. So I made a concession and cut one link. If the suspension bottoms out on the big-big combo, the chain will be too much stretched and the derailleur will probably be damaged. I have no clue why this happens, maybe it's the way the saint mech was designed (with the mode converter), or maybe the derailleur position on the frame is optimized for sram I don't know.. I just don't like the fact that I couldn't get the proper chain length and good shifting at the same time.

11-28 is too large for the short cage, go with 11-25!

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 23:04 Quote
Hi, I have a 2012 Alluminium Wilson, I want to ask if anyone change the bottom bracket with the 650b version? If I find it (maybe with carbon swingarm) can I mount it?
I've already have a 650b fork with 26 inch wheel...I was wondering if I can transform my bike to 650b.
Anyone who tried?

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 12:02 Quote
If anyone else is interested in not getting more bearings from Devinci to replace the stock shitty stock ones, the bearings specs for a 27.5 Wilson pivots are:

- 4 @ 6903 (17x30x7)
- 2 @ 6805 (25x37x7)
- 2 @ 6809 (45x58x7)

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 19:52 Quote
And for the 26 inch Wilson pivots they are the same!

4 x 6903
2 x 6805
2 x 6809

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020157
Mobile Version of Website