Post your Devinci Wilson

PB Forum :: Devinci
Post your Devinci Wilson
O+
Posted: May 21, 2020 at 21:24 Quote
Looks like this: https://www.dunbarcycles.com/wilson-linkage-spacer-and-needle-bearing.html

Inside they have a bunch of metal needles inside. It goes inside the big rocker linkage on your Wilson.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2020 at 21:27 Quote
I would also replace those bolts in your rear shock yokel. They can get loose. Dunbar Cycles or Fanatik Bike Co can get them for you for sure.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 10:10 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
Is there any play in the shock mounts? Pull up on your seat & maybe you will hear and feel some movement.

yeah. i noticed that last month. there is definitly some play going on in the rear shock mount where the yolk is. I will get that needle bearing first, but as of rn, i can't seem to find a dealer that sells the rear shock bolt.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
I would email Sales@dunbarcycles.com and ask them. They can definitely get it for you. Or, you can call Fanatik Bike Co as well.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 10:20 Quote
Also what works for me is get someone to compress the suspension and place your finger on any areas where you think the play is coming from. Most often you can feel the play or movement and diagnose where it's coming from.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 12:03 Quote
Could also be play where the shock eyelet connects with the yoke.
If there´s play, you will be able to kinda bend it at that connection when the shock is installed and you press on the bolt from below. A 0.1mm washer will help to get rid of the play.

Do you use the Vivid or another shock? My Vivid developed a super annoying squeak and after some research it seems it is a common problem with RS shocks.

Also a friendly reminder to everyone to make sure you use the proper grease on the needle bearing grease port. I used Motorex Bike Grease 2000 on it, which is calcium based (which i didn´t know), and it totally f*cked the bearing as it doesn´t play well with the grease that´s already in there. Make sure you use Lithium based grease for that bearing.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
@loki87 Good call. Do you know if it has to be Lithium based? Or, can it be a bio-based all purpose grease? I use WPL Absolute bike grease and it's been pretty good. Thoughts?

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 13:09 Quote
jdelasalle wrote:
@loki87 Good call. Do you know if it has to be Lithium based? Or, can it be a bio-based all purpose grease? I use WPL Absolute bike grease and it's been pretty good. Thoughts?

Honestly i have no clue. I just found out after killing my needle bearing that some greases tend to react with each other and lose all of their lubricating properties. AFAIK the grease used in this bearing and pretty much used for most applications on a bike is Lithium based. If it hasn´t done you any harm so far, it probably isn´t a problem. I´d guess bio based greases are less likely to react with synthetic ones? It´s also not all combinations that are bad, but the combination i had was apparently too much for the tiny needle bearings to handle, they gunked up and it left some pretty noticable marks on the axle.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 12:00 Quote
Alright, I tore down the bike and regreased all the linkages, bolts etc, turns out it was the rear shock yoke bolt was dry as hell. Greased it up and its quiet as heck again, Needle bearing definitely needs to be changed soon. couple mm of play, but it'll have to do for now. Thanks for all the help guys! I'll keep Dunbar cycles in my bookmarks for future reference for parts.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2020 at 22:47 Quote
RAD dude! Stoked you got it sorted. Those needle bearings I find need changing every year depending on how much use it gets. I often buy a few needle bearings just to have them on hand.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 4:19 Quote
That reminds me, does anyone know the exact specs or number or whatever of those needle bearings? I might as well get me some spare ones now to sit in the toolbox until I need them.

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 17:34 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
That reminds me, does anyone know the exact specs or number or whatever of those needle bearings? I might as well get me some spare ones now to sit in the toolbox until I need them.
the reference is bk-5890

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 17:37 Quote
jonasdh wrote:
Loki87 wrote:
the reference is bk-5890

Thanks! Salute

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012722
Mobile Version of Website