Post your Devinci Wilson

PB Forum :: Devinci
Post your Devinci Wilson
Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 18:44 Quote
liamadam1 wrote:
Does anyone have any information on how to get one of the rear shock yolk roller bearing bolt I was told they were called that struggling to find one anywhere thanks for the help

https://www.dunbarcycles.com/wilson-linkage-spacer-and-needle-bearing.html

https://www.bike24.com/p2223514.html
this one i dont have certain but the code of the bearing is bk-5890 and there is one with that code

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 0:40 Quote
Perfect thank you

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 7:18 Quote
Anyone here happen to know any size small Devinci Wilson's posted on this loooong thread? I can't seem to decipher easy between a small and med 650b/27.5. Any help much appreciated!

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 7:21 Quote
dotalien wrote:
Anyone here happen to know any size small Devinci Wilson's posted on this loooong thread? I can't seem to decipher easy between a small and med 650b/27.5. Any help much appreciated!

I have a small, I'm 5'6" and it feels a little short. I added a +6mm offset headset to help but I still think I would have been better off on a medium.

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 7:31 Quote
bouj wrote:
dotalien wrote:

I have a small, I'm 5'6" and it feels a little short. I added a +6mm offset headset to help but I still think I would have been better off on a medium.

I can't believe these run small even for 5'6"! I wonder if small is meant for 5'2" riders or smaller? lol

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
dotalien wrote:
bouj wrote:
dotalien wrote:

I can't believe these run small even for 5'6"! I wonder if small is meant for 5'2" riders or smaller? lol

Pics of your ride? Smile

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 7:52 Quote
dotalien wrote:
dotalien wrote:
bouj wrote:

Pics of your ride? Smile

This is probably the best/most up to date picture I have of it right now. Its from the beginning of last season.

photo

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 8:20 Quote
bouj wrote:
dotalien wrote:
dotalien wrote:

Pics of your ride? Smile

This is probably the best/most up to date picture I have of it right now. Its from the beginning of last season.

photo

Beautiful! 27.5?

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 8:43 Quote
[Quote="dotalien"]
bouj wrote:
dotalien wrote:

Pics of your ride? Smile

Beautiful! 27.5?

Yep, I also had a link machined to convert it to metric sizing. Lost ~3mm of travel with the shorter stroke shock but hard to imagine who that would make a huge amout of difference for.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
I'm 5'11" and my Large is technically on the small-er side

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 16:02 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
I'm 5'11" and my Large is technically on the small-er side

I´m 5´11" on a XL and while it fits fine, i wouldn´t mind it being even longer. I´ll probably go for a reach adjust headset at some point to add another 6mm or so. These definitely run super small, especially by todays standard.

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 8:07 Quote
[Quote="bouj"]
dotalien wrote:
bouj wrote:

Beautiful! 27.5?

Yep, I also had a link machined to convert it to metric sizing. Lost ~3mm of travel with the shorter stroke shock but hard to imagine who that would make a huge amout of difference for.

photo

photo

photo

Nice touch! Cost to have it custom machined for you?

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 18:45 Quote
[Quote="dotalien"]
bouj wrote:
dotalien wrote:

photo

photo

photo

Nice touch! Cost to have it custom machined for you?

It was around $150 I think.

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
I am loving all these customizations! Has anyone here tried flipping the chip and/or mounting a single crown 180mm fork on a 2016 to 2020 frame? How did it ride?

I searched the thread and found a few pics of single crown riders but no clear feedback on performance. Be good to know while the dc is getting serviced.

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb8744151/p4pb8744151.jpg

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb11229750/p4pb11229750.jpg

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
dotalien wrote:
I am loving all these customizations! Has anyone here tried flipping the chip and/or mounting a single crown 180mm fork on a 2016 to 2020 frame? How did it ride?

I searched the thread and found a few pics of single crown riders but no clear feedback on performance. Be good to know while the dc is getting serviced.

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb8744151/p4pb8744151.jpg

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb11229750/p4pb11229750.jpg

Single crown ususally is not an issue for any bike if the a2c measurement stays roughly within the same numbers.
Most long travel single crowns aren´t far off or even taller than the equivalent double crowns. Just find the measurements of the forks you wanna swap and go from there.
If you already have the fork, just throw it on there and see how you like it. There´s really nothing more to worry about besides the bike possibly riding a little worse if the numbers are way off.
Of course if we´re talking about a 150mm fork from your enduro, it likely will not work great. Any 170-180mm fork though, i don´t see any reason why it shouldn´t work for at least an interim solution.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022508
Mobile Version of Website