Post your Devinci Wilson

PB Forum :: Devinci
Post your Devinci Wilson
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 21:08 Quote
what a 65 year old male sounds like riding his 2012 Devinci Wilson SL down the World Cup downhill track up at Fort William...... video was mostly from my 2nd run, Gopro stopped recording near to the bottom of the track... had to edit in part of my 3rd and final run to the video......

Views: 77    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 8:44 Quote
Hey Everyone,

I posted up my Wilson for sale a while back. Got some decent photos with the big camera. Thought people might like to take a look, if this is where we all come to appreciate the Wilson.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3361162/

Kurt

Posted: Aug 31, 2022 at 4:53 Quote
Hoping someone in here can help me, noticed a bad squeak in my wifes 2016 wilson and eventually had the whole linkage apart, the smaller bearings in the main pivot were trash but luckily I was able to loosen them up with some grease to get us by for this weekends trip but how the hell are you suppose to get this center shaft out to be able to pull the bearings? Tried tapping it out a couple times before looking at the diagram, if its stepped on both ends I dont see how it comes out? referring to the highlighted bushing in the photo.

photo

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2022 at 5:16 Quote
Have you tried spraying some WD-40 inside and letting it soak? Maybe try wiggling it out with a rubber hammer. I had a similar issue with the needle bearing seized inside.

Posted: Aug 31, 2022 at 5:20 Quote
jdelasalle wrote:
Have you tried spraying some WD-40 inside and letting it soak? Maybe try wiggling it out with a rubber hammer. I had a similar issue with the needle bearing seized inside.

I will try that and see if that will work when I have it pulled back apart, I just dont see how it would come out anyways if thats all one piece? Or is the inner sleeve and center spacer two pieces?

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2022 at 7:39 Quote
Aem221 wrote:
Hoping someone in here can help me, noticed a bad squeak in my wifes 2016 wilson and eventually had the whole linkage apart, the smaller bearings in the main pivot were trash but luckily I was able to loosen them up with some grease to get us by for this weekends trip but how the hell are you suppose to get this center shaft out to be able to pull the bearings? Tried tapping it out a couple times before looking at the diagram, if its stepped on both ends I dont see how it comes out? referring to the highlighted bushing in the photo.

photo

I believe my 2013 26" Wilson is set up the same way. If I recall correctly, I was able to slip a punch through the yellow-highlighted shaft and tap around the inside race - until the bearing was exposed enough that I could grab it from the outside and pull. I think that yellow sleeve is there to keep the two bearings spaced appropriately. In my case, I didn't care if I trashed the outside race of the old bearing, as I was replacing it with new ones.

I've heard that the bearing on the shock-extending clevis of 27.5 Wilsons is very hard to come by. If you can keep that bearing in good shape, it's probably worth it.

You must be living the dream if your wife rides a Wilson!

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2022 at 7:53 Quote
kurt2 wrote:
Aem221 wrote:

photo

I believe my 2013 26" Wilson is set up the same way. If I recall correctly, I was able to slip a punch through the yellow-highlighted shaft and tap around the inside race - until the bearing was exposed enough that I could grab it from the outside and pull. I think that yellow sleeve is there to keep the two bearings spaced appropriately. In my case, I didn't care if I trashed the outside race of the old bearing, as I was replacing it with new ones.

I've heard that the bearing on the shock-extending clevis of 27.5 Wilsons is very hard to come by. If you can keep that bearing in good shape, it's probably worth it.

You must be living the dream if your wife rides a Wilson!

Just thinking about this a little more. It would have been impossible for me to tap the inside race with a punch with the sleeve inserted as the sleeve prevents access to the inside race. Upon second recollection, I think I used a socket as a drift and put in inside the Bearing 1, and then compressed in a vice, to eject the opposite bearing. Being that the sleeve was thin aluminum, I had to be very gentle, and it was hard to find a socket that fit just tightly enough.

Posted: Aug 31, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
Hey I am living the dream haha, she loves it and has had it for probably 3 seasons now. when you are talking about the small bearing that the shock extension attaches to its in okay shape, after this Snowshoe trip I will probably remove al the needles and clean everything really good.

I think you are right in how you removed those bearings I guess basically you have to remove the sleeve and one of the bearings at the same time seems like the only way, not ideal considering how thin of a surface you have on the edge of that sleeve especially since these bearings look pretty damn rough on the outer races.

Maybe some heat with a torch will help, worst case scenario my dad has a little lathe that we could pretty easily reproduce that little bearing sleeve if I booger it up.

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2023 at 3:55 Quote
Has anyone had any luck fitting a Cane Creek DB to their Wilson?

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 18:48 Quote
Davyg57 wrote:
what a 65 year old male sounds like riding his 2012 Devinci Wilson SL down the World Cup downhill track up at Fort William...... video was mostly from my 2nd run, Gopro stopped recording near to the bottom of the track... had to edit in part of my 3rd and final run to the video......

just wanna say "bloody well done" for having at that track mate - 65! (probably 66 by now). can't believe you're out there doing that at 65 eh - now when someone tells me to "act my age" I'll have someone to refer to lol awesome!

Posted: Jul 12, 2023 at 5:53 Quote
coney wrote:
Davyg57 wrote:

just wanna say "bloody well done" for having at that track mate - 65! (probably 66 by now). can't believe you're out there doing that at 65 eh - now when someone tells me to "act my age" I'll have someone to refer to lol awesome!

I am heading back there next Month after the UCI DH WC race.....I will have the official number 66 OAP tied to the front of my bike...be heading up alone as my Lad said he's had enough pain with busted ribs last year..... will be taking it canny on the way down..... yeah right....only way down is to attack the track....... life is for living.....live it to the max.... and how can we act an age that we have never been before???? LMAO

Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 17:32 Quote
Does anyone know where to buy replacement integrated frame bumpers / cable guides?
I might be buying a one of those bikes but it is missing them.
photo

Posted: Jul 23, 2023 at 10:42 Quote
Anybody have any "play" in the spilt pivot were the rear bolt links in i feel like its missing a bushing or something i already replaced the needle bearings.

Posted: 11 hours ago Quote
Does anyone know if the 2012 devinci wilson can hold a 250x75 shock? I had a fox rc4 witch was 267x89 but i want to try something newer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019895
Mobile Version of Website