Trail Riding, Freeride, Dirtjumps & Downhill is the Transition DirtBag right??

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Trail Riding, Freeride, Dirtjumps & Downhill is the Transition DirtBag right??
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 6:25 Quote
Hi I am Biker who Wants a Bike that will be super strong for Freeride, Downhill & Dirtjumps but i want i wontn be hitting them all the time i want a bike that is Good enough to pedal up trails as well as glide down the other side. it has 7" rear Travel so i am going to get Marzocchi 66 ATA 180mm ajustable to 140mm so i can use less travel on the trails would you advise to get air as i can easily ajust it to stiffen up on the trails?? I NEED YOUR HELPSmile Smile

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 16:47 Quote
Air would be necassary for trails. However, I recommend you get coil because you want a bike that will be good for DH and taking big drops. Also, coil can take more of a beating and it is more reliable (so i've heard).

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 13:42 Quote
This was my thinking on the whole air vs coil
Ive heard coil is better for downhill and big drops, but to be honest how often are we going to be going on a full day of downhill, we are much more likly to go and ride some trails and some jumps which an air shock should be better for, around were we live we dont really have any bad down hill or big drops, if i were you i would get air for know, you can always get a coil later for when we go to whistler and les gets, but for know would you not be better with an air??
Thats just my opinion but its up to you buddytup

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
BikeRider3 wrote:
This was my thinking on the whole air vs coil
Ive heard coil is better for downhill and big drops, but to be honest how often are we going to be going on a full day of downhill, we are much more likly to go and ride some trails and some jumps which an air shock should be better for, around were we live we dont really have any bad down hill or big drops, if i were you i would get air for know, you can always get a coil later for when we go to whistler and les gets, but for know would you not be better with an air??
Thats just my opinion but its up to you buddytup

wow cheers for that very helpful. i think that air will be strong enough on big drops and downhill anyway. also saves weight. i think u may of just perswaded me but i am still not 100% cheers marC

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 15:45 Quote
no thanks for me? bitch

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 15:47 Quote
bikerider93 wrote:
no thanks for me? bitch
Faust i mean Thanks robSmile

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
I've been running a Fox DHX 5.0 Air for my DH season, and so far, I couldn't be happier! The one real nice feature about air is the adjustibility....I'm constantly changing the pressure depending on the course.

But as far as Dirtbags go... I think it's a true freeride/huck bike that deserves a coil for robustness (is that even a word?!?)

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 15:53 Quote
adreno wrote:
I've been running a Fox DHX 5.0 Air for my DH season, and so far, I couldn't be happier! The one real nice feature about air is the adjustibility....I'm constantly changing the pressure depending on the course.

But as far as Dirtbags go... I think it's a true freeride/huck bike that deserves a coil for robustness (is that even a word?!?)

Now that is a nice bike, and with an air shock woop woop

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
adreno wrote:

yeah tiss a word would you say the air is strong enough though. see i was thinking air so i could ajust it so could be used on trails as if i get marzzochi 66 ata i can ajust from 180 to 140 would like to be able to reduce it at the back also

Posted: Dec 20, 2008 at 10:16 Quote
ya air seems like it would suit u better i have a 4x (trying to sell it ) with a dhx air 5.0 and it rode amazing for everything there soo adjustable... im not sure how big of a differnce it would make riding coil.. and its lighter (easyer to control going up and down hills) aha just my opinon

good luck

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010883
Mobile Version of Website