SX Trail - Good bike for a mix between XC / All Mountain / Freeride ?

PB Forum :: Specialized
SX Trail - Good bike for a mix between XC / All Mountain / Freeride ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 5:59 Quote
Hi there,

I'm currently evaluating options for trading my bike. I want something that can do some freeride (not hardcore stuff, but still handle some drops and jumps) but that i can also pedal to my favorite spots. I want to know if the SX Trail is good for this, or maybe i should opt for the Enduro SL (both of them are the same price where i live).

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 7:36 Quote
Thanks man. Any more opinions?

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 8:11 Quote
The SX is definately a sweet bike, ( I own one) but, the enduro will pedal easier, I'd say try them out if you can, the geo on the sx is definately more freeride oriented, it is possible to pedal it, and rather good for a almost 7 inch bike, but i have noticed that since it being more geared for freeriding, the seat is farther forward, so it will feel a bit akward when compared to the enduro, it all boils down to rider preference, the enduro will probably handle anything the sx can within reason(no big drops to flat) and be lighter to boot

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 8:21 Quote
I stuck some totems on the front and it's immense!
The bike will do anything you want, and more

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 8:34 Quote
Sx trails are AMAZING! Had mine over a year and its still all stock, havent had to change anything, i've wanted to but havent had the money since buying it (poor student!) and havent needed to replace anything, they are strong and reliable bikes with good components as stock. I use mine for trail riding/freeride/DH and its very capable at all 3, except going up hills but mine is super short and only got a 36tooth on the front, but with a double chainset and propedal on the shock it would go uphills really well for a bike with nearly 7 inches of travel. I'd highly recommend one to anyone wanting that sort of bike, so yeah go for it! Im seriously considering upgrading to the 2009 sx trail, its looks sweet and must be an improvement so its gonna be truly phenomenal!

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 8:35 Quote
in my opinion you would be better off with the Enduro, it can handle quite a bit and pedals fairly well for such a burly bike, i dunno how i ever lived without mine.

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 8:35 Quote
also with the enduro there is compatability issues as they use their own hubs forks with intergrated stem so if you wanted a new stem you would have to replace forks aswell and i think the front hub is a weird sizing, but dont qoute me on that

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 8:40 Quote
dirtjumpin wrote:
also with the enduro there is compatability issues as they use their own hubs forks with intergrated stem so if you wanted a new stem you would have to replace forks aswell and i think the front hub is a weird sizing, but dont qoute me on that

agreed, i should have pointed out that i have an older Enduro (2005 Expert)

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 8:40 Quote
What about the pitch? like the enduro but without the "future shock" and other compatability issues

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 8:43 Quote
yeah i really like the pitch, was considering selling my sx trail and buying a pitch for trail riding and a demo 7 for freeride and DH but never got round to it, maybe next year! Another problem with the newer enduros is that they have triple clamp forks, whats the point!? they restrict manuvability and they still only have 150mm travel, specialized UK ran out of sx trails last year very quickly for that very reason, people were choosing an sx trail over the enduro because someone at specialized overdesigned the enduro and made it crap.

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 8:47 Quote
dirtjumpin wrote:
yeah i really like the pitch, was considering selling my sx trail and buying a pitch for trail riding and a demo 7 for freeride and DH but never got round to it, maybe next year! Another problem with the newer enduros is that they have triple clamp forks, whats the point!? they restrict manuvability and they still only have 150mm travel, specialized UK ran out of sx trails last year very quickly for that very reason, people were choosing an sx trail over the enduro because someone at specialized overdesigned the enduro and made it crap.

you sir are an idiot

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 8:47 Quote
huffman wrote:
What about the pitch? like the enduro but without the "future shock" and other compatability issues

i have heard nothing but good things about that bike, however i find it looks like shit 2 cents

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 8:48 Quote
robc wrote:
dirtjumpin wrote:

you sir are an idiot

If your going to make statements atleast back it up with reasons!

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 8:52 Quote
i have heard nothing but good things about that bike, however i find it looks like shit 2 cents [/Quote]

ha ha thats great, the enduro has so much flash, the pitch is just a meat and potatos kind of bike

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010359
Mobile Version of Website