Good to bad too fast..

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Good to bad too fast..
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 10:16 Quote
When it comes to my body image I am very precise. I would go to the gym every day after school and excel to my limits. I had motivation and drive beyond my own belief. If I was doing my cardio I would set calorie goals per minute, and I would push myself in extreme levels. When it came to doing my weights and body sculpting listened to my music and focussed in on my task. Through my work outs I pushed myself so hard, I pushed and lifted a respectable amount of weight, I succeeded in a good number of ab work outs and pulled out a crazy number. And I worked out to sweat, I loved going to the gym and then coming home and going for a bike ride. But that all changed one year. I went less but my body stayed pretty much the same, then the summer I didn't bike at allRedface then I went through some changes in my life and I stopped working out all together, and started eating foods that are okay once in a while, more often. I got into bad habits with my new school and friends who loved fast food. I went 7 years with out it, but that changed. I started eating late at night, started staying up till 4 am on a school night, never ate breakfast and if I did, it wasn't the best I could eat.

Then after my accident things got even more complicated. I couldn't handle the stress of everything, I am a stress eater. The pain was too much, my therapist never helped and i got so deep in the food addiction that I felt helpless and like I could never change. So a year later I changed my therapist and he told me that being more active was the thing to do. So it gave me that motivation but I am still at the same position. I haven't gotten the weight off and the pain of my accident is very extreme. I also joined weight watchers, it is honestly the best thing for a person. It doesn’t restrict you from eating anything, just the portions. You can eat as much as you want all day, but you have to stay within a point limit or on this other plan they have. I have done it before and lost weight, but mainly to maintain my weight. I have never been skinny or grossly buff, I was healthy, and now I am not healthy. I am trying to get it off, it has been so hard to do and at times I feel that it will never happen. I don’t have the confidence and I need to find it somewhere. I had a hard core work out schedule that was fun and I loved it, I was healthy happy and confident. And that did change, and now I am trying to change that all again into a healthy happy confident women. I never did it for another person, I only did it for myself.
Ladies don’t change your body or who you are for another man, or family member for that. Do it for yourself and do it when you are truly ready. That is what I have learned through all this, I needed to be ready to let go of all the reasons why the weight came on, so I can get it off.

For everyone...

Believe in yourself, push yourself, and you will discover yourself.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 10:22 Quote
That was epic. Shit happens. what can I say. I've had my fair share. We all have. I've had so many times in my life where i've stopped doing everything I love because I was depressed or sucked in by substances. These things take time to shake loose too. If you really wanna get back into it, you will.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 10:23 Quote
Oh shit. I just realized this was the girls section. I'm sorry.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 10:28 Quote
as-good-as-dead wrote:
Oh shit. I just realized this was the girls section. I'm sorry.
lollol

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 10:34 Quote
as-good-as-dead wrote:
That was epic. Shit happens. what can I say. I've had my fair share. We all have. I've had so many times in my life where i've stopped doing everything I love because I was depressed or sucked in by substances. These things take time to shake loose too. If you really wanna get back into it, you will.

ThanksSmile And no worries I don't mind.

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 6:25 Quote
I felt very similar just a short time ago. I used to ride all the time and I found I could basically eat anything and my body stayed the same. Than I went away to school. I didn't have the time or money for both school and my bike. I choose to give up riding. While I was in school I replaced riding with enough other activities that my body and confidance stayed the same.

Once I finished school, I went through a few other changes also. I started to gain weight. I gained 40lbs over a short period. I tried to lose it, not for myself but for boyfriends and family and how I thought that other people thought I should look. Nothing worked. I also started to miss riding. I got my bike out and went out on it a few times. I found that my balance was way off, probably from the difference in what I weighted than and what I weighed when I used to ride. I couldn't do most of the things I used to do. I got frustrated very quickly and gave up riding for a 2nd time.

Just recently I have come to accept my body and weight and I have recently gained back some of my confidence. I realized that I don't care what others think, what matters is what I think of myself. I will never have a supermodels body, that just is not the build I was born with.

I also started to ride again, only this time I was riding because I enjoy it, not with the goal of trying to lose weight. It has been hard, but things are slowly coming back and I have found that since I started to ride again I have been losing weight without trying. I feel better all over. I feel that my fitness and endurance are getting better, I feel more confident on my bike and most importantly I am having fun and its the first time in a long time that I have been able to truthfully say that I am happy with myself.

unicorn-bob, you are so right when you say "do it for yourself", not just in losing weight, but in everything that you do.

Unfortaintly it seems that bad things happend quickly but good things take time. Most things worth acheiving do not come easily, but once you reach your goal you will see how all the hard work has paid off.

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 18:43 Quote
Do you need some help to lose the weight?
I can help you through the internet, so you can quit the weight watchers thing. They just steal your money.

I quit biking so I can focus more on body building/staying in shape. So message me or we can talk on here Wink

I can get you looking just like you did before within a month or 2

With body building, its all about doing it for yourself. Its addicting because you feel so good and amazing after the gym and you look awesome aswell.

Just stay positive all the time. Dont let stupid little things bother you.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 23:21 Quote
adonis wrote:
I can help you through the internet, so you can quit the weight watchers thing. They just steal your money.

I quit biking so I can focus more on body building/staying in shape. So message me or we can talk on here Wink

With body building, its all about doing it for yourself. Its addicting because you feel so good and amazing after the gym and you look awesome aswell.

Okay, thank you for the advice. But I will have to pass on it. I don't want to quit weight watchers, they don't just take my money. I don't even put the money into them, I do it at home. I would never quit biking to just focuss on my body. I bike to help my body. And doing it to get back where I was in a month or two is so incredably unhealthy. I used to body build, I am smart and I know how to do it. I just don't have the motivation right now. I need to learn to get it back and to be a happy person again and to be a strong person. I cant always stay positive and little things sometimes do bother me. It is a fact of life it happens to everyone.

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 8:41 Quote
hey guys its simple eat and drink whatever u want den just ride loadsHelmet

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
biker-ellie wrote:
hey guys its simple eat and drink whatever u want den just ride loadsHelmet

Depends on the person...
My metabolism is crazy fast, but my cardio system is extremely sensitive to caffine, stimulants and stuff....if i were to eat deep fried trans-fat foods daily, i would probably conk out at 40.....
besides riding doesnt un-clog your arteries....

its whatever works best for the person

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 21:17 Quote
unicorn-bob wrote:
adonis wrote:

Okay, thank you for the advice. But I will have to pass on it. I don't want to quit weight watchers, they don't just take my money. I don't even put the money into them, I do it at home. I would never quit biking to just focuss on my body. I bike to help my body. And doing it to get back where I was in a month or two is so incredably unhealthy. I used to body build, I am smart and I know how to do it. I just don't have the motivation right now. I need to learn to get it back and to be a happy person again and to be a strong person. I cant always stay positive and little things sometimes do bother me. It is a fact of life it happens to everyone.

I am in a similar postion.. I used to work out 3-5 times a week over an hour at a time, I havent been to the gym in 6months but lucklily I have riding. I try to watch what I eat do to the fact my metabolism sucks. Its all about motivation and getting back into it. Thats my problem. I want to work out but I am so tired from being at work that when I get home I dont want to go out. Even for a walk. I think you just need to start a plan. Try with once a week doing a workout and then the next week twice a week and go from there. I used to stop going to the gym for a week or two and then get back into it, but its hard when you have stop for so long. Motivation is the key!!! Find something you want to succeed in for your excerise have that as a goal. Good luck hun Smile

Posted: Sep 20, 2008 at 17:29 Quote
I find that working out won't necessarily solve your problems. It's more to do with what, and how, you eat. I suggest educating yourself on some healthier foods for a start Big Grin . You should figure out a good routine, make sure your body is getting all of the nutrients it needs, watch your calories. Usually the first thing people look at on a food label is fat. It's irrelevant. Calories are the real killer... Hope I helped! Ask me more, I have lots to share!

Posted: Sep 20, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
AngelOfFreedom wrote:
I find that working out won't necessarily solve your problems. It's more to do with what, and how, you eat. I suggest educating yourself on some healthier foods for a start Big Grin . You should figure out a good routine, make sure your body is getting all of the nutrients it needs, watch your calories. Usually the first thing people look at on a food label is fat. It's irrelevant. Calories are the real killer... Hope I helped! Ask me more, I have lots to share!

I might add that exercise does solve a lot of issues. Yes food is the killer part to attack on first but personally you need both. Like i said I used to be in incredable shape and eat decent and I worked out all the time. Eating brings one aspect and exercise brings another. When you eat good your body takes it in and you feel good, but exercise also makes you feel great. If working out in a gym is what a person liks then they will excell in it, if another activity is better than that is a better choice. Exercising your body not only works your strenght mentality but your brain. Your brain needs that extra boost and so does your heart, or else angina can accure because people aren't finding alternative ways to reduce stress. Even the healthiest people exercise to reduce stress. I know what I am doing, I just find it hard to motivate because I haven't done it in so long. I have been putting a complicated life together the last year so I wasn't finding the patients to deal with it, but I like to work out and that is my fortai. Eating right is good but it is also great to move your body to keep it healthy physically and emotionally and mentally.

Posted: Sep 20, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
AngelOfFreedom wrote:
actually calories are not that bad if you kill them off (exercise) but carbs are really bad.

as for working out i spend about 20min at home a day (i have a mini gym thingy)and about 1h a week in an actual gym but i fined that when i work out alone its hard to focus and stay with your plan so i usually go to the gym with friend and we have mini games like " i do 1 you do 2" or for chin ups we try to beat each others records and push ourself harder than if we were to work out alone. i also like working out with my guy friends because most of them are in better shape than me and it makes me push myself that much harder to catch up to them. i also bike as much as possible because i works almost all the muscles. also playing sports help with endurance. for example i could run 8 laps around a soccer field and then im exhausted, but when i play soccer i can do like 12laps and feel like i have only done 3...

hope that helped, GET IN SHAPE Fab

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
Actually carbs aren't all bad. You need them if you want energy to exercise.
You want to eat the good carbs like:
Oatmeal (the slow cooking kind)
Rice (brown and wild are better than white)
Whole Wheat Breads (not white)
There are also carbs in Fruit and veggies

Stay away from bad carbs like the ones in refined grains and processed foods, as well as soft drinks.

Moderation is key too. If I know I am not going to be making it to the gym, I won't have a big plate of pasta for dinner.

I did the South Beach Diet a few years ago and found it to work amazingly well. It's not so much a diet as it is relearning proper eating habits. There is a 2 week cleansing at the beginning where you don't eat carbs at all. It's more to get your body out of the addicted to carb stage. Once you are done those 2 weeks (you lose about 12 pounds right from the start) you reintroduce the good carbs again. It really works and I still follow the rules I learned in the book.

I started exercising 3 to 5 times a week in the spring and lost another 26 pounds. I do about 45 minutes to an hour of weights and 45 minutes to an hour of cardio on some days. Other days when I feel less motivated I go to one of the classes at the gym...such as Circuit Training, Core or Spin class. Once you are in the class it's unlikely that you will leave halfway through...plus they are pretty fun.

If you make yourself a schedule and stick with it for a few weeks you will find the rest will come naturally. You will have more energy and start to see improvements, which motivates you to keep at it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.264983
Mobile Version of Website