Building a foam pit, where do I get cheap foam?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Building a foam pit, where do I get cheap foam?
O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 23:25 Quote
austinb wrote:
bigquotesgo to a foam store and they usually gut foam and ask to keep the scraps

Where is this "foam store" or do you mean like a sleep country or the brick or something.
my work is next door to the foam king but hes big and scary so i have not worked up the balls to talk to him a boot free foam

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 23:31 Quote
ratherberidin wrote:
austinb wrote:
bigquotesgo to a foam store and they usually gut foam and ask to keep the scraps

Where is this "foam store" or do you mean like a sleep country or the brick or something.
my work is next door to the foam king but hes big and scary so i have not worked up the balls to talk to him a boot free foam

Oh I see so im guessing it wouldnt hurst to go and talk to some local matress stores and stuff.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 23:53 Quote
So i read value village throws away couches sometimes, is that true?

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 10:12 Quote
any other suggestions

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
austinb wrote:

i dunno look themn up on yellow pages or google its probably a soft furnature store with supplies to reapolster chairs and shit i know there is one like that somewhere in edmonton

or go behind a brick store because they usually throw out matresses

Posted: Dec 30, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
I'm also building one and am looking for better ideas.
my best is to get old matresses (spring ones) and ahve a layer of them on the bottom for some spring. Then the have random soft objects like teddy bears and old pillows.
after a layer of that just the usual couch/matress idea.
If anyone has a better idea be sure to post for us

Posted: Jul 25, 2009 at 7:35 Quote
pillow cases full of wool or sumthin?

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 16:00 Quote
put a ad up in your local shop say u wont old matresses, sofers and pillow and shit like that shorly some one will phone you up

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 16:05 Quote
well.. cheap foam is like a dollar a square.. your probably gonna need about 1000 cubes at least.. soo your looking at not soo cheap foam

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 at 23:51 Quote
if you have a college that has a foam pit there required to throw there foam away once a year and replace talk to someone in the college and ask when they throw it away then go and pick it up

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 at 23:54 Quote
Buy a few high jump mattresses and cut up the foam.

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 0:03 Quote
do you have any idea how much that would cost sounds like a good idea

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 0:07 Quote
Yes i just checked, about 4grand...

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 0:22 Quote
shit why is is it so exspensive its just foam

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024303
Mobile Version of Website