Building a foam pit, where do I get cheap foam?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Building a foam pit, where do I get cheap foam?
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 11:17 Quote
Its actually a grueling manufacturing process.

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 11:21 Quote
There is no such thing as cheap foam, I had to use sh!tloads of the stuff in my studio in the past and it was way expensive. Try looking for old thrown out couches, mattresses etc.. Try Audio/Sound Engineering forums as this is where it's on everyones wish list!

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
i work next to a place called the foam king and in there dumpster there is always a shit load of foam

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 11:39 Quote
just go to craig list, value village, salvation army the dump any of those places there will be old couches pillows and all that stuff for dirt cheap or free
also you could get a bunch of pillow cases and fill them with dried grass or hay
but you proly wouldnt want that to get wet

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
look for free couches, chairs, etc, along the side on the road. or go to a dump and see if you can find anything.

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 17:11 Quote
heree a good idea this is what i did i built a foam pit in my backyard 30by40ft in my back yard i had to pay for wood and build the pit but the foam was free like not matriss foam like real 1x1x1ft cubes i live realy close to a foam pit foam factory its like 2min away and i talked to the manager and boss and they said i can have al the extra foam there defects (like collor defects and maybe the edges can be torn so they cant sell it so they throw it away and i asked if i can have the throw aways so they said yes so everyday i picked up 50-100 cubes of foam in like 4 months and now i have a realy cheap foam pit witch the only diferens is itnot pure white like neew but how cares about color its the best foam it just abit yelowish and ill avenchuely get torn so thats wat i did good luck

FL
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 17:48 Quote
you could try to buy pool noodles in bulk, like the float thingys, not sure exavtly what they are called, look like noodles and if you bought in bulk youd get enough to cut up for foam blocks and also it would bring the price down

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 19:46 Quote
octanejake wrote:
you could try to buy pool noodles in bulk, like the float thingys, not sure exavtly what they are called, look like noodles and if you bought in bulk youd get enough to cut up for foam blocks and also it would bring the price down
Thats actually one of the best things I've heard.Also foam pits hjave to get new foam every year so they just throw it away say youll pick it up for free or like 200$ alot cheaper then 10 000$

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 14:36 Quote
Why not just buy sponges? Doesn't it do the same thing anyways?

Posted: Jan 21, 2011 at 11:33 Quote
robz345 wrote:
Why not just buy sponges? Doesn't it do the same thing anyways?

sponges??? sponges cost a dollar per back of 12, 1 block of foam cost 80cents, and its more foame then a sponge!

Posted: Jan 23, 2011 at 16:22 Quote
Icebergalex wrote:
Ball pit?
maybe? but what r u ganna do? walk into mcdonalds kids play pen and stell 2 - 3 balls at a time?

Posted: Jan 23, 2011 at 18:02 Quote
XNabster wrote:
Icebergalex wrote:
Ball pit?
maybe? but what r u ganna do? walk into mcdonalds kids play pen and stell 2 - 3 balls at a time?

no, you go to chucky cheese too! or http://www.ballpoolballs.com/prices.html

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 at 14:17 Quote
how bout bags (plastic/garbage/cloth) full of crumpled up newspaper? it not goin to feel as good as foam but pree easy...shopping bags=free old newspaper=free...

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 at 14:44 Quote
The one bad thing about couch foam....Is that when you land, all the years and years of stored, dried up farts are stuck in the foam...no?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025058
Mobile Version of Website