What is the most important thing to remember when building a DH track?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What is the most important thing to remember when building a DH track?
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
if u find a real ydense part of trees put it throught there its funn to ride inbetween trees at speed and improves ur riding

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
If you don't factor in drainage nothing else matters because the run will fall apart fast.

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 17:10 Quote
make it wat ever u want

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 10:30 Quote
make it gnarley with large drops to scare off XC riders!!!

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 21:00 Quote
add as much variety as you can, rocks in some sections and smooth jumpy sections ,and mix it up with corners ,have some berms but also some flat corners

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 1:46 Quote
walk the area thoroughly before you build taking note of natural features that
you can factor in,this i believe is the secret of ''flow'' as the hill is offering its opinion too.As said before drainage,what good is a trail thet takes a month to repair after each good deluge?(put a drain in every switchback/berm and every 50 or
so feet on steep sections,water bars are cool cos youcan jump them too).for features
i'd have rock gardens,doubles(but not with too much kick as that will slow you down)
a cattle grid, a couple of drops and a chute with a bit of distance between so you can hit them fast

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 2:39 Quote
it goes downhill!

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 3:52 Quote
a varity of sweeping corners just on the threshold of traction. some fast other slower, some steady state so the same tightness right round, and others dynamic that get tighter on you or widen pefectly if you hit the beginning with speed.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
Bump Bump My trail is going well i will post pics soon as well.

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 4:12 Quote
will432 wrote:
make it gnarley with large drops to scare off XC riders!!!
good point!

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 8:00 Quote
jus built a trail and the Xc riders thought good idea to ride up the damn thing whilst we comin down it !!!

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 8:05 Quote
Definately drainage, after the first rain, your beautiful jumps and berms aren't gonna be beautiful anymore.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015187
Mobile Version of Website