The most powerfull DH brake ever???

PB Forum :: Downhill
The most powerfull DH brake ever???
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 8:50 Quote
I was looking around the web and i found a brake company called gatorbrakes they have 4,6,and 8 piston brakes..the 8 piston costs 400 per brake with lever.. http://www.gatorbrake.com is were you can find them at they have pics their to...Has anyone heard of them or used these brakes???if you have can you post a reveiw!please i havent found any thing on them thanks.if you dissagree with with this beiing a the most powerful production brake ever then tell me in you opion which is the most powerful and why...thank for the help it's
apreceatted

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 9:03 Quote
Do a search.

Gatorbrakes are trash.

And for the last time, MORE PISTONS DOESN'T MEAN MORE POWER!!!

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 9:12 Quote
Gatorbrake 8 Pistons suck. I've had the displeasure of riding them once and they were the worst brake I've ever used in every way. END REVIEW. They go for $200 on pricepoint because no one wants them.

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 9:25 Quote
Magura Gustavs!

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 9:29 Quote
The 4+6 pistons are fine, not a problem with them; prefer them to codes..... Not tried the 8's, bit overkill... They are cheaply made but with a good bleed and set up well, they perform.

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 11:39 Quote
Codes are the most powerful brakes I've tried. They can stop you on a dime from 60km/h downhilling.

Apparantly Shimano had a dual disc brake system a while back (it was a prototype) and it was so powerful that the pros had to put WD-40 on the brakes before a run. There was even a radiator / heat sink attached to the hose to cool down the brake fluid!

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 11:52 Quote
signorvince wrote:
Do a search.

Gatorbrakes are trash.

+1
DavidMakalaster wrote:
Gatorbrake 8 Pistons suck. I've had the displeasure of riding them once and they were the worst brake I've ever used in every way. END REVIEW. They go for $200 on pricepoint because no one wants them.
+1
combee wrote:
Magura Gustavs!
+1

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
I run hope Moto v2's. They go for over 500 in calgaary per brake. They are 4 piston and are considered 25 percent more powerful than there 6 piston brake. I highly recomend this brake if u have the cash and are going for a full out dh brake with crazy power. They also come with vented rotors to prevent over heating.

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 12:01 Quote
matt98guy wrote:
I run hope Moto v2's. They go for over 500 in calgaary per brake. They are 4 piston and are considered 25 percent more powerful than there 6 piston brake. I highly recomend this brake if u have the cash and are going for a full out dh brake with crazy power. They also come with vented rotors to prevent over heating.

Oh Yeah ! ! !

I was gonna say the Mono6Ti.

Face the mounts, Shim them perfect and they work Awesome.

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
bikeobsessed wrote:
hayes stroker ace
im sorry hayes suck and fail at brakes not buying them

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
DarkElement101 wrote:
bikeobsessed wrote:
hayes stroker ace
im sorry hayes suck and fail at brakes not buying them

+1

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 13:21 Quote
signorvince wrote:
Do a search.

Gatorbrakes are trash.

i know that its one sided opinion..remember this it does have a huge resavore

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
Ok im also concerdering hope mono6 brakes are those worth looking at?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009133
Mobile Version of Website