Golf course's

• Next Page
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 8:12 Quote
ottawamtb wrote:
Any of you guys shred on colf courses?? i live on one and theres a couple good hits on mine. I was wondering if you guys do this too.

hell yeah! there is a golf course exactly opposite my house! there is one bit, where you start at the top of a hill and come racing down as fast as possible, (the hill is about a 30degree slope) then 150 yards from the top there is a nice ski jump, only raised about 1foot but it sends you across about 30 foot if you try!! then you land keep going and do a huge skid on the green! (sounds so childish i know but its so fun!)there are also some cool bunker jumps aswell......

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 8:13 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
ottawamtb wrote:
and its easy for you guys to say oh thats bad blah blah blah because i bet you have loads of good riding around you. I dont have shit within a 20 min drive of me. well i do have one skatepark if you call a broken ass quarter pipe and a sketchy ass hand rail a park.

Aside from those fortunate to live in the prime riding spots of the west coast, I bet the large majority of people are in the exact same boat. I know that I don't step out the door into a skatepark, I have to ride up to 45 minutes to get to some riding spots.

You shouldn't need a skatepark, all you need to find is a flat piece of cement preferably one not being used, round up some trash and make something happen. For the better part of a year, I rode an abandoned parking lot that was littered with a broken sign. Weekly new trash showed up and new stuff was constructed.

As someone already said, when you ride your bike you represent cyclists.

ill take your advice i do know of one abandoned parking lot that had a few good pieces of would that me and my friends used for a while but they dissapered and i havnt been back since but i guess i can o back and check.

would peopel please stop hating now. It seems every damn thread now always turns into some hate war. I realize some of you have different morals than i and others do. can we just leave it at that?

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 8:26 Quote
ottawamtb wrote:
would peopel please stop hating now. It seems every damn thread now always turns into some hate war. I realize some of you have different morals than i and others do. can we just leave it at that?

In this instance, no one was hating. All people were doing was pointing out the flaw in the idea of riding your bike on a groomed piece of private property.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 8:57 Quote
signorvince wrote:
erik74 wrote:
ok, yes, it makes us look bad, but (especially in small towns) we arent given a place to ride. sure, there are some dj parks in some cities, some skate parks, etc. but ive seen many parks that are skateboards only.

so, they tell us to get off the streets, and then they complain about obese people? please.

That's an entirely different issue. Maybe in a few years, when you learn to see the big picture, you'll understand. If you learn to play ball, learn advocacy, and learn how to petition the city, you will get your city dj park.
you forgot to ask me if I already did that...which I have. I've talked several times to town council (town population of about 1800) but not a single thing has happened. So I haven't petitioned, but how strong does about 5 signatures from people within the town look? Do your research before you critisize.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
erik74 wrote:
signorvince wrote:
erik74 wrote:
ok, yes, it makes us look bad, but (especially in small towns) we arent given a place to ride. sure, there are some dj parks in some cities, some skate parks, etc. but ive seen many parks that are skateboards only.

so, they tell us to get off the streets, and then they complain about obese people? please.

That's an entirely different issue. Maybe in a few years, when you learn to see the big picture, you'll understand. If you learn to play ball, learn advocacy, and learn how to petition the city, you will get your city dj park.
you forgot to ask me if I already did that...which I have. I've talked several times to town council (town population of about 1800) but not a single thing has happened. So I haven't petitioned, but how strong does about 5 signatures from people within the town look? Do your research before you critisize.

You did it for me.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 9:45 Quote
erik74 wrote:
So I haven't petitioned, but how strong does about 5 signatures from people within the town look?

That's why you look to local outside sources such as neighboring towns/cities. Online petitions are retarded because town councils could care less about a kid in Australia who logistically will never travel to ride 5 jumps. However, good old pen and paper petitions in the towns within x number of kilometers will work wonders. If you can demonstrate that there's a large enough base of people willing to travel, town council would be far more receptive. Travel and tourism= more money into the local economy, even if its as simple as 20 more customers at the local restaurant.

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
ottawamtb wrote:
ezekiel wrote:
ottawamtb wrote:
and its easy for you guys to say oh thats bad blah blah blah because i bet you have loads of good riding around you. I dont have shit within a 20 min drive of me. well i do have one skatepark if you call a broken ass quarter pipe and a sketchy ass hand rail a park.

Aside from those fortunate to live in the prime riding spots of the west coast, I bet the large majority of people are in the exact same boat. I know that I don't step out the door into a skatepark, I have to ride up to 45 minutes to get to some riding spots.

You shouldn't need a skatepark, all you need to find is a flat piece of cement preferably one not being used, round up some trash and make something happen. For the better part of a year, I rode an abandoned parking lot that was littered with a broken sign. Weekly new trash showed up and new stuff was constructed.

ill take your advice i do know of one abandoned parking lot that had a few good pieces of would that me and my friends used for a while but they dissapered and i havnt been back since but i guess i can o back and check.

ezekiel, that was the best advice ever, if there is a place that isnt being used, and there is trash, you dont get in trouble for riding it, and if you reuse the trash (eg, wood palletes) people will be impressed and posibly encourage the local government to build a bike park

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 14:06 Quote
yah i did but only pre golf season

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
yeah our golf course is all hills and it never opened this year so i shred it up all the time

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 21:25 Quote
I would love to shred on a golf course... But I work at NorthView Golf course in maintenance and it is already hard to maintain it just from the golfers... so I would love to do it but I wounldn't and won't... But you guys go shred some other course... Or just stay off NorthView when I am there Razz

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 21:31 Quote
I love golf and i love mtbing...

but stay the hell of the golf courses...

theres golf course and mtb course...

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 23:37 Quote
ottawamtb wrote:
ezekiel wrote:
ottawamtb wrote:

Your ignorance is astounding. I'm not even going to explain myself, as you're just ignoring what people are saying, loosely trying to justify what you are doing, and then acting like everyone is attacking you. As said before kids like you make getting spots for the rest of us so difficult.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012667
Mobile Version of Website