Pump track Ideas

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Pump track Ideas
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
I'm looking into making a pump track pretty much unlimited space but nothig too huge please help

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
post a picture of what you have got to work with, people might find it easier to help

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 12:02 Quote
a massive open flat field about an acre

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 12:10 Quote
I havent got much experiance in this but firstly would you need like a roll in or whatever its called, then you could just have a rythem (sp?) section (i think thats what it's called). you could have a couple of drop offs. Include a few big berms. I think the main thing is make sure it flows and dont try and cram it into a tiny section of track, also, if you have a few mates who also like biking then make the track wide enough so you can race on there, have multiple routes so you dont get bored, and you could make a rock garden aswell. maybe have a bit where it will get waterlogged so its like all muddy, put in a sandy section aswell maybe? you could have like a seperate track with different surfaces and techy bits ?

Just a few ideas, hope it helps

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 20:36 Quote
steve-d wrote:
I havent got much experiance in this but firstly would you need like a roll in or whatever its called, then you could just have a rythem (sp?) section (i think thats what it's called). you could have a couple of drop offs. Include a few big berms. I think the main thing is make sure it flows and dont try and cram it into a tiny section of track, also, if you have a few mates who also like biking then make the track wide enough so you can race on there, have multiple routes so you dont get bored, and you could make a rock garden aswell. maybe have a bit where it will get waterlogged so its like all muddy, put in a sandy section aswell maybe? you could have like a seperate track with different surfaces and techy bits ?

You don't know what a pump track is do you?

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
what are you making it with? bobcat or elbow grease?

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
good old elbow grease

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 13:16 Quote
allmountainripper wrote:
steve-d wrote:

ya that guys retarded

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
escobar24 wrote:
allmountainripper wrote:
steve-d wrote:

ya that guys retarded

ha ha no I don't know what a pump track is. But I just thought I'd post some ideas. No-one else did, no one else has, just flamed me for making a response.

And no, I'm not retarded, your the one with poor english.

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 2:57 Quote
steve-d wrote:
escobar24 wrote:
allmountainripper wrote:
ya that guys retarded

ha ha no I don't know what a pump track is. But I just thought I'd post some ideas. No-one else did, no one else has, just flamed me for making a response.

And no, I'm not retarded, your the one with poor english.

Pump tracks dont have rock gardens or drop offs lol, heres a pump track...

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
Made a good start today built a triple to a tabletop which rides sweetly but what to build next I need some ideas

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 11:34 Quote
keep putting in doubles, triples etc untill you get to the edge of the land you can build in, and then use berms to keep your speed in the turns. maybe even try multiple line choices so there's always some other line to try.

post pics as you go cos it sounds good

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 11:46 Quote
I don't know how easy it would be to build but a small wall ride like the one in this video would be cool to ride:

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 14:08 Quote
[Quote="CharlieS43"][Quote="steve-d"][Quote="escobar24"]

yer I thought it was something like that but my suggestions like the rock garden/terrain etc was just me thinking aloud. A plain, well groomed pump track seems a bit boring to me so I just suggested some other ideas.

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 14:15 Quote
[Quote="steve-d"][Quote="CharlieS43"][Quote="steve-d"]

put some holes in it and get ur clubs! lol (minigolf)

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014170
Mobile Version of Website