Want to Get my 4X bike to be Sub-28lbs. Help

PB Forum :: Downhill
Want to Get my 4X bike to be Sub-28lbs. Help
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
Need some help on lighter components but without giving up strength

I am really looking for Lock out (Suspension)and grippier power (Brakes), aswell as drive train and bar/stem.
Im not looking to spend a fortune, but i want it too be good

its at 33.5 (rounded up)
Want to get it under 28
photo

photo

photo

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
for 4X brakes a Juicy ultimate would be awesome and would save weight. pretty expensive though. how heavy is the frame though? if you switched to a hard tail frame you'd probably have no problem getting it sub 28. but then your losing the comfort of a fully.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
odin333 wrote:
for 4X brakes a Juicy ultimate would be awesome and would save weight. pretty expensive though. how heavy is the frame though? if you switched to a hard tail frame you'd probably have no problem getting it sub 28. but then your losing the comfort of a fully.
i want to keep the suspention

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
Well its to bad you bought this bike if you want a sub 30 4x bike, you will have to change almost everything to get it down that light, new fork, wheels, Cranks, BB and a lot of other stuff. Its possible but very expensive

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
First thing I would do is get rid of the cranks and forks way too heavy for 4X. You would shave 3lbs going to a RS Revelation fork and RaceFace Atlas or Shimano xt Cranks Next I would do is stem, post, and bar. Wheelset as well Crossmax SX.

skatejunkie wrote:
Well its to bad you bought this bike if you want a sub 30 4x bike, you will have to change almost everything to get it down that light, new fork, wheels, Cranks, BB and a lot of other stuff. Its possible but very expensive
ur a bundle of joy. its amazining light, i just want it lighter

O+
thats a generally heavy frame i think

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
get some xt's, an lg1 or a mrp g2, x0 or x9 shorty, road cassete, monkeylite dh bars, thomson stem. dont kno about those tires but maybe some sb8's

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
nishnash wrote:
the frams around 8lbs,

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
oh yeah dt 5.1D wheels

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
In general, that is a pretty nice ride!

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
ecostigan wrote:
nishnash wrote:
the frams around 8lbs,
that almost as much as a dh bike!. but you should be able to get it down, focus on the rear wheel, it weight 45% of a bike (on average)as compared to a frames 40% info Gratis de MBA

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
Get a Pike and some Small Block Eight tires.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
ecostigan wrote:
skatejunkie wrote:

I'm being realistic, you can save two pounds going to a pike, 1-2 pounds with lighter wheels while retaining strength and a little over a pound going to X type cranks. some other little things could be changed to loose even more. I'm just saying you might have been able to save money if you had gotten a lighter complete than customizing it, but since your parts are new you can sell them for some $$

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
ecostigan wrote:
skatejunkie wrote:

Hes just stating the truth. Would you rather him BS you lol?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011801
Mobile Version of Website