All you old pinkbikers! from 2005 era!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
All you old pinkbikers! from 2005 era!
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 20:16 Quote
Im still lurking everyonce in a while. Nice to see all the old guys still here.
Sadly im trying to sell my bike but all im receiving is rediculous grom offers, such as do you want to trade my stock 125 plus you give me 300 dollars....WTf?

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 2:03 Quote
brad-maxwell wrote:
Im still lurking everyonce in a while. Nice to see all the old guys still here.
Sadly im trying to sell my bike but all im receiving is rediculous grom offers, such as do you want to trade my stock 125 plus you give me 300 dollars....WTf?
You should be happy, that's a "decent" offer compared to the ones I got for my Hardrock (didn't end up selling it) on a local Spanish forum.

"I'll pay you 200 euros to buy it off you, I'll ride it from March until October and then you can buy it off me for 100 euros so you get a net profit of 100 euros and you even get your bike back!"

Yes, I'll lend you my bike for what, 8 months? That's like 10 euros a month, or cents a day. And I'd probably get it back trashed (what's the guarantee that I'll get it back anyway)? Stupid people.

Posted: Mar 18, 2010 at 20:30 Quote
i am still here, old thread for oldschoolers.
i first came around in about 01.

Posted: Mar 18, 2010 at 20:38 Quote
I'm not that old of a member haha, but I've been here right when I started riding, around 04 when I started searching the buysell for a bike.

I miss freeridingXCguy's stories. shooting a bike thief with a bow and arrow? Unreal.

Posted: Mar 18, 2010 at 21:24 Quote
zwak wrote:
I'm not that old of a member haha, but I've been here right when I started riding, around 04 when I started searching the buysell for a bike.

I miss freeridingXCguy's stories. shooting a bike thief with a bow and arrow? Unreal.

still the best, Pinkfork, and Marbles where up there as well.

Posted: Mar 18, 2010 at 23:46 Quote
brassballs wrote:

Wow. you dug this thread out of the depths. Pinkbike used to be so much more of "Everyone knows everyone" and more of a chill, bros, scene. Back in the day was the glory days. I used to check the forums regularly. Now I don't care about anything but the thread for my local area.

Posted: Mar 18, 2010 at 23:50 Quote
chewonit64 wrote:
brassballs wrote:

Wow. you dug this thread out of the depths. Pinkbike used to be so much more of "Everyone knows everyone" and more of a chill, bros, scene. Back in the day was the glory days. I used to check the forums regularly. Now I don't care about anything but the thread for my local area.
That can sort of be found in the BaR (EDIT: and obviously local threads too) nowadays, but Pinkbike is so widespread that very few of us have actually met each other in real life. There is a disappointing lack of crazy stories posted, though there have been some fun shenanigans haha.

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 8:05 Quote
Gotta go with chewonit, no one knows anyone anymore. Just glad I managed to see the good days of pinkbike with all the classics

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 12:08 Quote
i mostly just browse now, not into all the new kids asking the same questions all the time. i ride when i am not racing mx.

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 18:00 Quote
I am starting to post less and less as well, people seem to think the only way to deal with someone that actually has some knowledge is to harass the living hell out of them so it gets old after a whileRolleyes

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 21:41 Quote
funny thing, i dont remember lurking that much, but i still remember most stories, and peoples avatars. I occasionally posted under my brothers account (steve14) which had coconut fred as the avatar. The arrow in the bike theive's ass was hilarious. cohen's old avatar with the pink playboy backgroud.

Posted: Mar 20, 2010 at 0:54 Quote
redneckbmx wrote:
funny thing, i dont remember lurking that much, but i still remember most stories, and peoples avatars. I occasionally posted under my brothers account (steve14) which had coconut fred as the avatar. The arrow in the bike theive's ass was hilarious. cohen's old avatar with the pink playboy backgroud.

You can't forget about luke24 or whatever his name was with all those crazy stories...

Posted: Mar 20, 2010 at 8:42 Quote
And the post-o-meter.

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 16:25 Quote
redneckbmx wrote:

Haha that was me. What a time that was.

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 22:33 Quote
zwak wrote:

That was quality.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005399
Mobile Version of Website