what is the most light fork of dj/street/park

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
what is the most light fork of dj/street/park
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 21:51 Quote
masjo wrote:
I dont think the Pike and Arglye lowers are the EXACT same, unless they have renewed the Pike lowers since '06. My brother has a Pike from 2006, and I think my 2008 Argyle is a bit 'edgier' than my brothers Pike

i wonder why... your comparing an 06 to an 08. ya, they are different, but atleast compare a couple of 08's if youre going to do comparisons

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 22:12 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/images/large_metaforks26.jpg900 grams!

If you really want to save weight, get a light rigid fork.

probably too short for a non-trials d/s/p mtb.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 22:36 Quote
Argyle/Pike/Revelation have different arch castings I think. Atleast my 09 rev isn't like any Pike I've seen. Might be wrong but that's what comes to mind.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 22:46 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
Argyle/Pike/Revelation have different arch castings I think. Atleast my 09 rev isn't like any Pike I've seen. Might be wrong but that's what comes to mind.

are they thinner? and i was worried about pike arches :S

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 22:47 Quote
My friends Pike 454 has material like cut out from right behind the arch where it meats the legs. My revelation doesn't Blank Stare I hope they get around to make the new style arch for the Revelation so I can buy the lowers. The Reba would be neat as well.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 22:50 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
My friends Pike 454 has material like cut out from right behind the arch where it meats the legs. My revelation doesn't Blank Stare I hope they get around to make the new style arch for the Revelation so I can buy the lowers. The Reba would be neat as well.

does that mean they're... stronger? or is it a hollow pocket inside there and it actually means it's weaker

i'm asking because i'm planning on getting the same fork as yours

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 22:52 Quote
I would hope where the arch meets the leg it isn't hollow... the arch itself is insanely thin though.

Yeh, it's a good fork. I like mine, pretty cheap too.

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 2:15 Quote
depending on how smooth you are,if you want really light forks use ebay and buy some old z3 flylights i ran these for 2 years djing until they did crack on a 360 case. But there light as hell and very smooth! Or get hold of old z1`s there light and fairly strong!

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
how much does a dj2 weigh? and what year of dj2 is the best?

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
STP-PWNS wrote:
not sure and id say 05

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:
STP-PWNS wrote:
not sure and id say 05
heavy...

theyre up above 5 lbs usually. and id say 06 was the best year, maybe 07..., but thats just my opinion...

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
erik74 wrote:
xt-shreder wrote:
STP-PWNS wrote:
not sure and id say 05
heavy...

theyre up above 5 lbs usually. and id say 06 was the best year, maybe 07..., but thats just my opinion...
deff not 07 they started going way downhill after 06
my 06 dj 2 rides better then the new dj 1's

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:
erik74 wrote:
xt-shreder wrote:
not sure and id say 05
heavy...

deff not 07 they started going way downhill after 06
my 06 dj 2 rides better then the new dj 1's
ok...

but i really like my 08 dj2, it works great for me. but i think i might go with an argyle or pike when it dies...

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 21:05 Quote
im getting a new fork for my bike, and im thinking argyle 318, i have a dj3 right now ( 2008 ) how much wieght would i be lsoing

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
which fork would be better between a gold label, pike and argyle for a street/dj fork that can take abuse and of course is fairly light? my dj comps are killin me lol their deffinately 5lbs easy

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014982
Mobile Version of Website