Single crown freeride forks.

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Single crown freeride forks.
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 10:43 Quote
I am loving the 08 Totem as the previous poster stated they are super adjustable, one problem though they started to leak out of the top cap and are now in for warranty. Other than that they are great forks.

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 11:36 Quote
08 totem coil.... its the SHIT!! crazy fork eats up everything

buy it

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 13:03 Quote
[Quote="miniman"]Marzocchi 66RCV 180mm travel it is the best fork i have ever ridden a really good fork for freeriding i would give it 9 out of 10 not ten because of the weight but the fork is so great that the weight dosent matter at all![/Quoteive rode these and i have 302 domains(180mm) and to be honest i like the feel of the domains much more

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 13:32 Quote
miniman wrote:
Marzocchi 66RCV 180mm travel it is the best fork i have ever ridden a really good fork for freeriding i would give it 9 out of 10 not ten because of the weight but the fork is so great that the weight dosent matter at all!
ive rode these and i have 302 domains(180mm) and to be honest i like the feel of the domains much more

-there ya go moron

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 0:41 Quote
merkel wrote:
miniman wrote:
Marzocchi 66RCV 180mm travel it is the best fork i have ever ridden a really good fork for freeriding i would give it 9 out of 10 not ten because of the weight but the fork is so great that the weight dosent matter at all!
ive rode these and i have 302 domains(180mm) and to be honest i like the feel of the domains much more

-there ya go moron
sorry bud i try to spend my free time on my bike not on a pc ,ride safe if u ever get to

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 5:27 Quote
pake wrote:
2008 totem coil. super plush and loads of travel. I bought it $750 from a guy who never used it (in boxX). it has loads of adjustments with high/low speed compression, rebound, and floddgate. super beefy and pretty much handled eveything at northstar this summer. 9 out of 10 because it broke on me but SRAM fixed it for free and swapped all the internals for brand new ones for free. ohhh but the pricetag new is a bit hefty like 1100 i think
sick

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 6:50 Quote
merkel wrote:
-there ya go moron

Wow dude, he accidentally deleted one of the square parenthesis. That makes him a moron?

You didn't even make his words quoted by him. So you're twice as bad as him. Wink

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 7:01 Quote
(+)I use a Domain 318 U-Turn, viewing it strictly for it's FR potential (as it sucks major salty balls for DH riding), its an ok fork, good adjustments but only really moves on bigger impacts, it is very linear but does ramp up in its last 1/3rd of travel... when its working well...

(-) I wouldn't recommend it xcept for those who ride very little and can't justify paying for more - after 1 year of intermittent use (as I have two bikes) all sorts of internal clicking noises have developed both during compression and at the end of rebound, overall my Domain has a very 'budget' feel to its performance as it also suffers from major stiction and occasional high speed damping spikes.

For serious riders 4/10 - its quality of travel sucks
For occasional riders 8/10 - you'll be glad its there... most of the time

I paid £315 plus about £50 to have an x-soft spring fitted to closer match my weight.

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 8:00 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
merkel wrote:
-there ya go moron

Wow dude, he accidentally deleted one of the square parenthesis. That makes him a moron?

You didn't even make his words quoted by him. So you're twice as bad as him. Wink
lol i did that on purpose but i guess it didnt work out as well as i thot it woud... i guess i was a little harsh but i like saying moron

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 12:07 Quote
I'm looking into a new fork myself, Similar to what you're looking for.
I'm looking for as much feedback as possible on the Talas and the Marzocchi 66

I have a stinky that has a dual crown for freeride and DH, but have been doing some aggressive all mountain on my howler. I'm looking for something that has adjustable travel approx 6 inches?....feedback?

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 12:18 Quote
i have tried 15-18 ft. drops with my 66 now and it didnt bottom out it felt like it easily can take a 20 ft. drop so i dont think im going to replace it

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
I have a 2008 66rcv on my 08 stinky and I did about a 12 foot drop the other day with it and I leaned to far back and the front smacked and it still didn't bottom out so yeah they can easily take a 20 footer for sure depending on your weight and size you have to adjust it like i am 5 foot 8 inchs 135 pounds...it will take a big hit for me to take all that travel away but if your like 6 foot 4 inchs and 230 pounds i might go with a duel crown.

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 13:56 Quote
fredfreakride wrote:
I have a 2008 66rcv on my 08 stinky and I did about a 12 foot drop the other day with it and I leaned to far back and the front smacked and it still didn't bottom out so yeah they can easily take a 20 footer for sure depending on your weight and size you have to adjust it like i am 5 foot 8 inchs 135 pounds...it will take a big hit for me to take all that travel away but if your like 6 foot 4 inchs and 230 pounds i might go with a duel crown.
well im five foot and 110lbs so ya i don't but to much presure in my fork

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 17:39 Quote
fredfreakride wrote:

ive got 05 66's and im 6-3 185 pounds, and ive done some fairly big drops on them maybe 12ish foot drops with them and they've been fine, i love em,

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021551
Mobile Version of Website