PB Forum :: Trail Building
Post your foam pits and/or trick practicing jumps
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
looking for ideas and sweet setups

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
austinb wrote:
looking for ideas and sweet setups
i made a jump and the landing was just super softlanding and i got my no foot cans on it but never got pics

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
Yeah well my friend has a giant shop that we can build a foam pit in. But its a lot of work so we were just thinking we should maybe just build a trick jump outside.

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
my jump is a step up with a wood chip landing...super soft for crashes..im trying to learn tailwhips off it

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
wood chips sounds like a good idea, or i was thinking like just really soft non compacted dirt?

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 7:54 Quote
yeah that works too..one of the other trick learning jumps we have is like that..

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 8:12 Quote
My friends built this resi (Dont know if you spell it like that) ramp in his back garden we had the kicker from the last ramp they made and behind my friends house theres some guy who has lots of carpet in a skip so we asked for some and its acctually quite effective!! Landings about 6ft by 10 ft

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 8:13 Quote
sound slike a fun thread

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
i just thought of something! what if you used hay? and fluffed it up every day?

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 19:44 Quote
Flatulant-Primate wrote:
well youy could but you would sink right into it so it would be more like a foam pit. You would also have to change the hay alot because it gets gross when its wet and gets kinda moldy.

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
Johnbron65 wrote:
Flatulant-Primate wrote:
well youy could but you would sink right into it so it would be more like a foam pit. You would also have to change the hay alot because it gets gross when its wet and gets kinda moldy.
if you lived on a farm it couldnt be that much of a problem right?

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
Yeah if you got it for free.

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
Flatulant-Primate wrote:
Johnbron65 wrote:
Flatulant-Primate wrote:
if you lived on a farm it couldnt be that much of a problem right?

it still get costly.
and you have to find some way to fork WET hay out. its heavy as hell. lol
on average $30 canadian for 1 round bale. with is super packed. so u would have to a) get the bale there, b) have somewhere top dispose of the waste etc
even as a farm kid. it seems a little impractical to me

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
anybody have pictures of their practicing areas?

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
photo

This is mine but it isnt into the same pile of wood chips and horse shit. I have it at a smaller pile thats goten kinda destroyed by rain and snow and whatnot so I'm mosving it into my backyard and am going to have a really bi landing so I canv try some tricks..

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013305
Mobile Version of Website