Sram X7 or shimano deore xt

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sram X7 or shimano deore xt
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
just wondering i have both an x7 and deore xt and was wondering which is better to use for dh?

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 19:44 Quote
I would Go with the x7 There super smooth and are better with the 1:1 ratio

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 19:48 Quote
thanks, anyone else?

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 1:19 Quote
yer sram much betta spring tension and yer they are alot smother, we had more xt smash then sram tup

Mod
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 9:28 Quote
Shimano XT is made to compete against Sram's X9 series. There is no doubt that the XT is the better of the two derailleurs when comparing it to A Sram X7 but some people are just opposed to running Shimano as the tension on their derailleurs aren't as "good." Personally, both Shimano and Sram have good offerings and parts that are less than stellar. A lot of it is personal preference. I have used both companies on several bikes. XTR and XT as well as X0. I've had great success with everything and a lot of people are just biased towards one brand or another.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 9:28 Quote
Definately SRAM. Much crisper, quicker, and smoother than any Shimano. It's more comofortable to shift with than the Shimano index design, and the spring tension on the SRAM derailleurs means no more slapping chain all the time.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 9:46 Quote
as has been already said, sometimes it just comes down to personal preference so if you can, test both of them out

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 10:02 Quote
deathsfallen wrote:
just wondering i have both an x7 and deore xt and was wondering which is better to use for dh?
are they brand new? if ones older and you're racing use the newer on and use the older one as a back up. If you are downhilling and freeriding, then slap on the older one and ride it till it dies, that way you have a new one waiting for you and you wont care as much if you break the one you're riding. If both brand new, and you're racing. use the xt for racing and have the x7 as a back up, becuase the xt is higher quality than the x7.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
the xt is older, x7 is brand new, thanks for your help guys

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
sram x7 x9 and xo are better than any shimano including saint ant xtr

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 20:06 Quote
karjim wrote:
Dude you're retarded. you're comparing X7, X9, and XO with saint and XTR?? between those its not even a contest. Shimano Saint is probably the best downhill component collection on the market and even the XTR derailleurs can hold their own on downhill bikes. They come stock on 08 giant glory DHs and my friend has one on his glory.

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 2:08 Quote
Larry2 wrote:
karjim wrote:
Dude you're retarded. you're comparing X7, X9, and XO with saint and XTR?? between those its not even a contest. Shimano Saint is probably the best downhill component collection on the market and even the XTR derailleurs can hold their own on downhill bikes. They come stock on 08 giant glory DHs and my friend has one on his glory.

yer ok that isnt any think to with the thred, a think you have had to run the both to have a propper comparesent.

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 4:32 Quote
I got XTR on my bike and works great.

I'll test SRAM X-9 in a few weeks and i'll give you my opinion.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010490
Mobile Version of Website