Sram X7 or shimano deore xt

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sram X7 or shimano deore xt
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 6:34 Quote
for shifting, the xt is the better choice
for set it and forget it, the x7 is the better choice

laurie1 is correct in that the xt is meant to compete with the x9....in this case i prefer the crisp, almost instantanous shifting and the set it and forget it attributes of the x9

that being said, if u are racing i would purchase an x9 and sell either the x7 or xt (keeping one as a spare)

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 6:35 Quote
thats a very good idea thanks

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 6:36 Quote
my xt is getting beat up alot though and is showing signs of it, ill prob put on the x7 for now and buy the new stuff for next years race season

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 7:04 Quote
Would a sram derailer work with a shimano shifter?

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 7:05 Quote
spier17 wrote:

only if you get the rocket shifter.

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 7:08 Quote
pipes10 wrote:

laurie1 is correct in that the xt is meant to compete with the x9....in this case i prefer the crisp, almost instantanous shifting and the set it and forget it attributes of the x9

that being said, if u are racing i would purchase an x9 and sell either the x7 or xt (keeping one as a spare)

i used to compare x9 to xt but the prices dont match for comparing,so i go x9=xtr and x7=xt and so on.

xo is so overpriced i would compare it to such mfg's as that hydraulic shift system and such,or pauls from back in the day.

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 7:17 Quote
marquis wrote:
pipes10 wrote:

i used to compare x9 to xt but the prices dont match for comparing,so i go x9=xtr and x7=xt and so on.

xo is so overpriced i would compare it to such mfg's as that hydraulic shift system and such,or pauls from back in the day.

the prices are comparable on my side of the world...the xo is definitely pricy though and not worth the "upgrade" from an x9 imo

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 7:21 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
marquis wrote:
pipes10 wrote:

the prices are comparable on my side of the world...the xo is definitely pricy though and not worth the "upgrade" from an x9 imo

even on the cheap sites over here xo is double the price of xtr,and the other day i spotted some black box jockey wheels for £70.Eek

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 7:23 Quote
marquis wrote:
pipes10 wrote:
marquis wrote:

even on the cheap sites over here xo is double the price of xtr,and the other day i spotted some black box jockey wheels for £70.Eek

sorry, should have been more clear...i was comparing x9-xt prices...

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 7:24 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
marquis wrote:
pipes10 wrote:

sorry, should have been more clear...i was comparing x9-xt prices...

lol my bad,here x9 is same as xtr give or take a few quid.

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 8:30 Quote
I am running Sram X-7 on one of my bikes, do not get it. It has a very bad trasition between gears, and creates a lot of noise. I have had XT and it was smooth as ice. XTR is still the best but XT is v.good also. Shimano>Sram

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 8:44 Quote
X-9

Its more crisp and solid felling.

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 12:00 Quote
marquis wrote:
spier17 wrote:

What's the rocket shifter?

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
spier17 wrote:
marquis wrote:
spier17 wrote:

ok my bad its a sram attack shifter.

http://www.sram.com/en/srammountain/compatibleshifters/attack/triggershifter.php

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
marquis wrote:
spier17 wrote:
marquis wrote:

ok my bad its a sram attack shifter.

http://www.sram.com/en/srammountain/compatibleshifters/attack/triggershifter.php

Oh, OK thanks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012526
Mobile Version of Website