Italy

PB Forum :: Europe
Italy
| Next Page
Posted: Dec 27, 2020 at 10:03 Quote
Anicdu wrote:
Hi,

I’m thinking of taking the family to Italy this summer, COVID conditions permitting, and biking will be one of our priorities. My oldest (12 yrs) and I am very keen gravity riders but prefer a mix of trail and bike park. A place with both shuttle/lift and wide range of long natural trails would be ideal. We’ll likely bring some of our own bikes but a good rental offering is a plus since we’ll likely be renting for the rest of the family.

We also need a place with other activities (hiking, beach/lake, kids’ club, etc) since my wife and our two youngest aren’t as keen bikers as us. I was thinking either the Dolomites or Finale Ligure (or thereabouts). Good culinary and accommodation selection is also very important (we prioritize good food and comfort when we go abroad on holiday).

I’m totally open to other suggestions as well but keen to hear any experiences from those places...

Thanks and happy holidays!

Hello Anicdu ... I recommend you to stay in Nago-Torbole on Lake Garda. The town is on the lake and is a paradise for cyclists, climbers, wind surfers but it is excellent above all as a place to rest, walk, eat well for those who do not spend their days on the bike. It is possible to swim in the lake even for the little ones and in any case many of the hotels have their own swimming pool. The area is served by shuttles that take you directly to the trails. Also not far away is the Paganella Bike Park (Paganella-Molveno-Andalo as recommended by Grumposaur).
From Torbole you can also visit many nearby towns: Verona 40 minutes by car, Limone 20 minutes from Riva del Garda, Salò, Sirmione, in the Verona area there are the major amusement parks in the area (Gardaland).
If you need more information please ask Smile

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 2:56 Quote
blacktea wrote:
Anicdu wrote:
Hi,

I’m thinking of taking the family to Italy this summer, COVID conditions permitting, and biking will be one of our priorities. My oldest (12 yrs) and I am very keen gravity riders but prefer a mix of trail and bike park. A place with both shuttle/lift and wide range of long natural trails would be ideal. We’ll likely bring some of our own bikes but a good rental offering is a plus since we’ll likely be renting for the rest of the family.

We also need a place with other activities (hiking, beach/lake, kids’ club, etc) since my wife and our two youngest aren’t as keen bikers as us. I was thinking either the Dolomites or Finale Ligure (or thereabouts). Good culinary and accommodation selection is also very important (we prioritize good food and comfort when we go abroad on holiday).

I’m totally open to other suggestions as well but keen to hear any experiences from those places...

Thanks and happy holidays!

Hello Anicdu ... I recommend you to stay in Nago-Torbole on Lake Garda. The town is on the lake and is a paradise for cyclists, climbers, wind surfers but it is excellent above all as a place to rest, walk, eat well for those who do not spend their days on the bike. It is possible to swim in the lake even for the little ones and in any case many of the hotels have their own swimming pool. The area is served by shuttles that take you directly to the trails. Also not far away is the Paganella Bike Park (Paganella-Molveno-Andalo as recommended by Grumposaur).
From Torbole you can also visit many nearby towns: Verona 40 minutes by car, Limone 20 minutes from Riva del Garda, Salò, Sirmione, in the Verona area there are the major amusement parks in the area (Gardaland).
If you need more information please ask Smile

Riva is much bigger then Torbole, more of shops restaurants etc, also more people.... But Torbole is the start point for most shuttles and a better start point for windsurfing.
We stay more often in Torbole, but we go a lot to Riva by foot for end of day window shopping and evening dinner. This feels like a 10 -15 minute walk along the lake, but probably really 30minutes. But with small kids maybe not that easy. Something to keep in mind.

PS: this is from west Torbole, Torbole is a bit stretched; some hotels are around the bend in the lake in the east. And then its a big hike or bike.

PS2: The terrain in Dolomitti including Paganella, Torbole, is rather different then most places. You will find more hard rock terrain, some slick, loose smaller rocks or coarse gravel. Also more natural trails. If you are in Torbole and you want a day more flowed trails take the day shuttle to Paganella bikepark, Basically every lift hub of Fai, Andelo and Molveno have some man build bikepark trails, and you can cross from one lift to the other bikepark on more natural trails going from fun blue to really black. (Don't worry their trail coloring scheme works).
Check youtube for Naranch or 601 trail (all the way from Altissimo!) to get idea of Torbole area.

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 8:05 Quote
Anyone tried the Aosta Valley?

Pila, la Thuile, Aosta side?

I have seen some gopro from MTB Beds on YT, looks incredible.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 8:40 Quote
I will be in Torbole 3-6 June 2021 ... i will post some photo Smile

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 14:34 Quote
I live in Torbole!

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 23:05 Quote
caval wrote:
I live in Torbole!
Lo so, sei del gruppo di Carlo Smile

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 3:19 Quote
caval wrote:
I live in Torbole!
What is the situation with Shuttles and campings at the moment? When is expected they are allowed to open?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005624
Mobile Version of Website