PB Forum :: Europe
Italy
Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 9:38 Quote
blacktea wrote:
Prima o poi devo venire a trovarvi Smile

Quando vuoi! Smile

Posted: Feb 10, 2017 at 14:07 Quote
jannoski wrote:
Liguria is an amazing place to ride enduro! We have a shuttle bike service & a camping in Imperia, close to Finale Ligure, we ride in different spots like Diano Marina, San Bartolomeo, Molini di Triora, Sanremo. Here a little movie for our trails www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q60K4hDMh4

Thank you for your reply!
How is the situation/community around Genova? Or do you have to go to the west of Liguria for riding?

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 3:24 Quote
Best regards to all, guys!
I'll be in Taormina (ME) in the end of August and September. Are there any good enduro/dh/am trails around?

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 25, 2017 at 4:01 Quote
Hi All

I'll be landing in Milan and picking up a campervan for a few months.... will be all around northern Italy, Slovenia, and Croatia.

I've been to Lake Garda before but didnt get much riding in........ where else are the "must go" places for enduro/dh type riding? Ideally with shuttles or lifts.....

Thanks!

I'll be relying on Trailforks for the most part but i'm terrified of missing out!

Always see Instagram and vids of the pros riding in that part of the world but never know exactly where etc. It's easy for them to get shuttles harder for us peasants!

FL
Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 3:19 Quote
All the Alpi are good place to ride ... you may find some info at https://www.bike-park.info/ (only in italian Language but Google may help you).
North Lake Garda is a nice spot to visit with your bike ... hundreds of natural trails and many bikeparks around.
If you get an hotel at Torbole you can fast travel to various destinations and, in the evening, enjoy wonderful sights of Lago Wink

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 5:19 Quote
I will have a campervan so can move around... plan to stay at one of the campsites either at Tarbole but more likely the one on the water at Riva del Garda....

I've used the shuttles there once but it was a disaster. Sent me down som horrible old hiking track... was also on a rental that kept gettig flats...

I'm much more prepared this time around... sort of ha

FL
Posted: Jul 5, 2017 at 2:03 Quote
iain wrote:
I will have a campervan so can move around... plan to stay at one of the campsites either at Tarbole but more likely the one on the water at Riva del Garda....

I've used the shuttles there once but it was a disaster. Sent me down som horrible old hiking track... was also on a rental that kept gettig flats...

I'm much more prepared this time around... sort of ha

Just for curiosity ... which shuttle was that? can you remember the name?
Don't expect to find bike-park-like trails ... they are old military tracks converted to bikes.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 6:56 Quote
Can't remember the shuttle name but picked me up from one of the shops in town... took a good while to drive up to the top.

Showed vids of DH tracks with features etc that all looked really good then sent us all down some average track haha. Was very disappointing.

Was just one uplift too....

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 8:24 Quote
I'd recommend Monte Morello and all the Firenze area. Mostly "Downduro", no lift, but you might find some shuttles tho.
There's a lot of trails in the Firenze area.

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 10:26 Quote
iain wrote:
Hi All

I'll be landing in Milan and picking up a campervan for a few months.... will be all around northern Italy, Slovenia, and Croatia.

I've been to Lake Garda before but didnt get much riding in........ where else are the "must go" places for enduro/dh type riding? Ideally with shuttles or lifts.....

Thanks!

I'll be relying on Trailforks for the most part but i'm terrified of missing out!

Always see Instagram and vids of the pros riding in that part of the world but never know exactly where etc. It's easy for them to get shuttles harder for us peasants!

Give an eye to Liguria, especially Finale Ligure (last stage of the EWS) https://www.trailforks.com/region/finale-ligure/

FL
Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 1:21 Quote
iain wrote:
Can't remember the shuttle name but picked me up from one of the shops in town... took a good while to drive up to the top.

Showed vids of DH tracks with features etc that all looked really good then sent us all down some average track haha. Was very disappointing.

Was just one uplift too....

Bike Shuttle Torbole?
Garda Bike Shuttle?

I'm curious Big Grin

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 8:34 Quote
Pretty sure it was Garda shuttle but that was four years ago.

Are there any dedicated parks with lifts shuttles in this area that run on opening hours and you buy a ticket on the day?

Finding it hard to know where to go....

The bike parks website i don't really trust... should i?

Any recommendations????

FL
Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 23:09 Quote
Around the lake you can use shuttles.

One of them is http://www.bikeshuttletorbole.com and i know them ... good service. On their site you can find information on trails ... anyway the most known are Val del Diaol (DH), Coast Trail (enduro), Naranch Trail (enduro) and 601 (enduro with some trial parts).

There is a good bike park with chairlift at http://www.dolomitipaganellabike.com/trentino/it/

If you are interested there is the only european Liteville bike center in Torbole and they rent bikes.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 12:27 Quote
blacktea wrote:
Around the lake you can use shuttles.

One of them is http://www.bikeshuttletorbole.com and i know them ... good service. On their site you can find information on trails ... anyway the most known are Val del Diaol (DH), Coast Trail (enduro), Naranch Trail (enduro) and 601 (enduro with some trial parts).

There is a good bike park with chairlift at http://www.dolomitipaganellabike.com/trentino/it/

If you are interested there is the only european Liteville bike center in Torbole and they rent bikes.

Cheers blacktea

I'll definitely check both those out. Hope to get to Riva del Garda tomorrow afternoon then ride the next day!

FL
Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 23:04 Quote
iain wrote:

Cheers blacktea

I'll definitely check both those out. Hope to get to Riva del Garda tomorrow afternoon then ride the next day!

Happy holidays Smile If you go to Bike Shuttle Station (Bike shuttle torbole HQ) bring a greeting to Mario from my side (I'm Andrea)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.046347
Mobile Version of Website