Any other disabled riders out there?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Any other disabled riders out there?
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 7:43 Quote
911es wrote:
im disabled, i shatterd my c5 and fractured my c6/c4 in my neck bmxing in early 2000.
wow that would really suck but good on you for saying in the sport man

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 7:51 Quote
yea it was tough but i was lucky to because it was incomplete, but it still took me 4 years to get to the point where i didnt need my wheelchair at all, and to get back into bmx and now mountainbiking.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 15:51 Quote
911es wrote:
yea it was tough but i was lucky to because it was incomplete, but it still took me 4 years to get to the point where i didnt need my wheelchair at all, and to get back into bmx and now mountainbiking.
wow ya thatd be really tough i cant imagine going from fine to a wheelchair in one shot cuz for me im paralyzed below my knees but ive always bin that way so there was no getting used to being able bodied so props to you man

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 15:12 Quote
so anyone else got any stories

Posted: Sep 14, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
well i was biking to the skate park after school witch was across the road and there is a big hill that leads to it
i was bookin er down the hill and i couldnt see the road cus of trees
unfortunatly there was construction so the school bus had to take a different root
so i didnt see it and the result is a destroyed bike and i am now amputated below my right knee
i dont have a prosthises yet cus it happened may 4 2009 and i was 13 but now im 13 cus my birthday was a month later
so it sucks cus my summer has been boring as hell

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 11:23 Quote
makechanges wrote:
nishnash wrote:
thos bikes are amazing, ide buy one if i had the cash. they look fun, whether you are disabled or not
ya the guy that runs that company is trying to get everyone to try it
Yeh Ive got one of the Fourcross bikes from Canada myself and Im a T12 para. Ive started the UK's only 4 wheeled downhill club (Rough Riderz) too, and we are starting to do Taster Days for anyone who wants to try before they buy!
Check out all the details on our OFFERZ page and book early to avoid disappointment.
Cheers Big Grin

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 at 15:48 Quote
tup Our club's Taster Days are back for 2011, starting next month! So if you wanna try fourcross in the UK, get in touch with us and experience the fun of 4 wheels! Please book your place early to avoid disappointment. Go to the OFFERZ page for the new calendar of dates, with 22 places available... (at the moment).

I hope we get some of you riding the trailz with us this year! Camera Hasta pronto amigos?

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 at 16:03 Quote
Its awesome seeing these guys rip. I did a taster session with the guys from Rough Riders at Whinlatter last year, it was so much fun!! If you love DH you will love fourcross!!

Posted: Feb 12, 2011 at 6:39 Quote
MajesticMOOSE wrote:
That's Bobby McMullen (I think). He rides for Santa Cruz, and really shreds. He's really an inspiration to keep on riding, no matter what life throws in your face
http://www.rideblindracing.com/

I know him pretty well, wouldn't call him a friend, but I've worked on his bikes and ridden with him. He's an amazing guy on a personal level. I don't know how the dude keeps a smile on his face and stays living like he isn't blind.

Oh and the blindness was a side effect of another health issue, this guy has been in the hospital for more weird issues than you will ever knoiw

Posted: Feb 12, 2011 at 10:55 Quote
Views: 68,386    Faves: 1,649    Comments: 551

one of my good friends from middle/high school.

http://patrickjmale.pinkbike.com/

Posted: Feb 12, 2011 at 21:06 Quote
makechanges wrote:
ya i guess i dont really notice it cuz its always bin that way all it really means is that i have my ankles stuck at 90% and have weaker slower legs but i can still keep up when were on a line and stuff just pinning and cornering and trying to get the jumps better

I realize that this post was put up years ago and I am not part of it but I wanted to say that your my hero of the day. People like you are unlreal.

Posted: Feb 3, 2013 at 12:27 Quote
I might be a bit late. I'm a below elbow amputee in Canada and I know many others who race with a prosthetic to assist them aswell

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 14:02 Quote
I have epilepsy and technically i am not suspossed to ride my bike or chairlifts, but its never stopped me.

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 5:57 Quote
Sounds a bit risky but you gotta risk it for the biscuit. Good for you man

Posted: Feb 11, 2013 at 13:29 Quote
adolfo almarza is a badass

Despu s de la carrera un buen apret n y para la casa.. www.se7en.cl
Garbo is where all the excuses come out from athletes. My max heart rate the dust the partying... Look now. What was your excuse again
Adolfo Almarza went from the Garbanzo DH to the Whip-off Worlds. Not much whip but damn The guy s got stones.
www.se7en.cl

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039161
Mobile Version of Website