Truvativ Holzefeller 1.1RG OCT
Easton Riser Bar
Easton Stem
Easton Seatpost
Easton Fatboy pedals
DT Swiss FR 2350 Wheelset
ODI Ruffian Lock-on grips
SRAM X-9 Shifters, Derailleurs
Jagwire Ripcord cables(Your choice in color)
Continental Diggas 2.5 tires
T.H.E. DH saddle

There is a pretty good mid-level build spec!
First off I would change those tires to minions.
And change those brakes-hayes blows hard!
And that wheelset is pretty expensive, no?

The Hayes Aces are the strongest brakes out, The Contis are better than the Minions, also the wheelset is cheaper than the Deemaxes and will last a hell of a lot longer too. Do some research that is founded on rider use and no just a passing fad!
Ha first off I have used almost every DH tire there is and from experience the minion is the best, period.
Next-why do you think that no unsponsored rider rides hayes for DH? because they suck! Ride some DH and see that in 1 run they will get so hot they won't stop at all.
And the deemax isn't the only wheelset there is you know(or maybe you don't?).
The mavix 823 would be a better choice then both of them.

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 13:07 Quote
Termenaitor wrote:
luli79 wrote:
Termenaitor wrote:

First off I would change those tires to minions.
And change those brakes-hayes blows hard!
And that wheelset is pretty expensive, no?

The Hayes Aces are the strongest brakes out, The Contis are better than the Minions, also the wheelset is cheaper than the Deemaxes and will last a hell of a lot longer too. Do some research that is founded on rider use and no just a passing fad!
Ha first off I have used almost every DH tire there is and from experience the minion is the best, period.
Next-why do you think that no unsponsored rider rides hayes for DH? because they suck! Ride some DH and see that in 1 run they will get so hot they won't stop at all.

You are an 18yo punk-ass that thinks he knows his shit. I have ridden DH and the Strokers are great, never had problems! DT Swiss makes the best hubs ever and they bought rights to use the Mavic designed hoops; so who do you think makes damn good wheels now! Plus Diablo is not the best in the Northeast to get your riding experience. It's not bad but, it is no Mt. St. Anne, Bromont, nor does it equal the Kingdom trail either.

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
luli79 wrote:
You are an 18yo punk-ass that thinks he knows his shit. I have ridden DH and the Strokers are great, never had problems! DT Swiss makes the best hubs ever and they bought rights to use the Mavic designed hoops; so who do you think makes damn good wheels now! Plus Diablo is not the best in the Northeast to get your riding experience. It's not bad but, it is no Mt. St. Anne, Bromont, nor does it equal the Kingdom trail either.

Speaking as someone with the wheelset. Look elsewhere, unless you like buying new rims every season. Plus everywhere you mentioned for "class" riding would kill DT rims in no time, unless you want to run 3.0 inch Gazzi's and DH tubes.

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
luli79 wrote:

ummmm just no, seriously...

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
why hasent anybody said 888s for the forks? i love mine!, but i guess it depends what your after, i wouldnt get the fox 40, too expensive you could buy a boxxer team for half the price and there good. kenda nevagal 2.5 with stick-e compund for the tyres, hope pro 2 hubs! cos there amazing, shimano saint brakes, sunline v-one bars and sunline v-one stem, azonic pookie pedals (mine are awesome!) or some roadgaps (sorry cant remember the brand having a dumb momentlol

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
yeah i have an 03 intense m1 also and i run an 06 888 and its f*ckin awsome
not as light as a boxxer, but it will deffinitly take the hits overtime a lot better

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
Grips: ODI Lock-on's - BEST $30 YOU CAN SPEND
Shifter/Derailleur: SRAM X7 or X9, Shimano doesn't stand a chance
Brakes: Avid Code - super strong, but also very common and easy to get parts for. Formula's The One are great, but much harder to get parts for.
Cranks/BB/Stem/Bars/Seatpost: Cheaper then Truvativ Hozlefeller (however you spell it) or more expensive Race Face Diabolus.
Chainguide: E13 (you can't run a front mech on an M1, or any real DH bike for that matter)
Cassette: Shimano XT, cheaper than SRAM
Chain: SRAM, so much easier to use than Shimano
Fork: Either Boxxer or Marzocchi 888, level depends on your budget. RS are lighter, but 888 are much smoother to ride and require basically 0 maintenance.
Headset: FSA PIG DH Pro deep cup sealed bearing
Tires: Maxxiss Minion, I'd go for the 3C option, $5 more but last much longer than the soft compound ones, if you are in Canada, MEC has them for $60
Tubes: generic DH tube, or Intense ones in you want to splurge. Don't use XC tubes until you start getting smoother with experience
Wheels: I've had great luck with Sun-Ringle wheelsets. Don't use DeeMax, they are race only, and are priced (high) and built (light but soft/weaker) accordingly.
Saddle: The one that doesn't give your ass hurt.
Pedals: Flats something cheaper with removable pins (Axiom in good) and 510 SHOES ARE A MUST, clips then top end Shimano clipless....969 or something like that?...and shoes that fit

Gear...
A good, well-rated by safety agencies, non-carbon fibre helmet. Likely $150-250. Don't get carbon because its super expensive and has the same durability. Good MX helmets are also a great bet, higher protection without much weight.
You need goggles
Race Face/Roach shin-knee armour. You NEED these if you are new to DH
661 Upper body armour, super great price, super good job
I personally love padded shorts as well and have found them invaluable, but that's just me.

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
bikercrossalltheway wrote:
yeah i have an 03 intense m1 also and i run an 06 888 and its f*ckin awsome
not as light as a boxxer, but it will deffinitly take the hits overtime a lot better

03 intense m1 that is what I'm getting could you give me your specs.

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 17:20 Quote
kylemciver wrote:
Grips: ODI Lock-on's - BEST $30 YOU CAN SPEND
Shifter/Derailleur: SRAM X7 or X9, Shimano doesn't stand a chance
Brakes: Avid Code - super strong, but also very common and easy to get parts for. Formula's The One are great, but much harder to get parts for.
Cranks/BB/Stem/Bars/Seatpost: Cheaper then Truvativ Hozlefeller (however you spell it) or more expensive Race Face Diabolus.
Chainguide: E13 (you can't run a front mech on an M1, or any real DH bike for that matter)
Cassette: Shimano XT, cheaper than SRAM
Chain: SRAM, so much easier to use than Shimano
Fork: Either Boxxer or Marzocchi 888, level depends on your budget. RS are lighter, but 888 are much smoother to ride and require basically 0 maintenance.
Headset: FSA PIG DH Pro deep cup sealed bearing
Tires: Maxxiss Minion, I'd go for the 3C option, $5 more but last much longer than the soft compound ones, if you are in Canada, MEC has them for $60
Tubes: generic DH tube, or Intense ones in you want to splurge. Don't use XC tubes until you start getting smoother with experience
Wheels: I've had great luck with Sun-Ringle wheelsets. Don't use DeeMax, they are race only, and are priced (high) and built (light but soft/weaker) accordingly.
Saddle: The one that doesn't give your ass hurt.
Pedals: Flats something cheaper with removable pins (Axiom in good) and 510 SHOES ARE A MUST, clips then top end Shimano clipless....969 or something like that?...and shoes that fit

Gear...
A good, well-rated by safety agencies, non-carbon fibre helmet. Likely $150-250. Don't get carbon because its super expensive and has the same durability. Good MX helmets are also a great bet, higher protection without much weight.
You need goggles
Race Face/Roach shin-knee armour. You NEED these if you are new to DH
661 Upper body armour, super great price, super good job
I personally love padded shorts as well and have found them invaluable, but that's just me.

Man that helped so much?

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 6:21 Quote
luli79 wrote:
Termenaitor wrote:
luli79 wrote:

Yeah..shut up.
I may be 18 but I'm a fast and experienced racer for a couple of seasons now, yes I am a diablo local(I might remind you that the u.s open happens here) But I have still ridden in lots of other places in the world(not counting the u.s) like Whistler, Morzine/Les Gets, fort williams and even mt. st. anne. So Don't call me some punk ass 18yo that doesn't know anything.
And now, Why do you think that everyone hates hayes and no unsposored rider rides with them? Just a Logical question I'll let you figure that out if you can.
Same goes with the Minions that for some very strange reaso EVERYONE rides them..
I didn't say the DT were bad btw, I said they are quite expensive and he could get a better wheelset for DH at a lower price.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 9:03 Quote
Termenaitor wrote:
luli79 wrote:
Termenaitor wrote:

Yeah..shut up.
I may be 18 but I'm a fast and experienced racer for a couple of seasons now, yes I am a diablo local(I might remind you that the u.s open happens here) But I have still ridden in lots of other places in the world(not counting the u.s) like Whistler, Morzine/Les Gets, fort williams and even mt. st. anne. So Don't call me some punk ass 18yo that doesn't know anything.
And now, Why do you think that everyone hates hayes and no unsposored rider rides with them? Just a Logical question I'll let you figure that out if you can.
Same goes with the Minions that for some very strange reaso EVERYONE rides them..
I didn't say the DT were bad btw, I said they are quite expensive and he could get a better wheelset for DH at a lower price.

That's the end of that, discussion, back to helping this guy build up a sick ass bike

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 11:47 Quote
kylemciver wrote:
Termenaitor wrote:
luli79 wrote:

Yeah..shut up.

That's the end of that, discussion, back to helping this guy build up a sick ass bike

Well with all your guys help it will be a sick ass bike.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
intestineeater1 wrote:
Downhiller-92 wrote:
intestineeater1 wrote:
get boxxer race forks with chris king headset, azonic shorty stem, easton riser bars and t.h.e grips. theres you front end

why not the team or the world cup?

well you said you are gonna do downhill so get the race

Race is just a name, it doesnt mean its the DH ones... Teams are brilliant

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 13:12 Quote
haydendmorrison wrote:
intestineeater1 wrote:
Downhiller-92 wrote:

why not the team or the world cup?

thats my point.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
Downhiller-92 wrote:
haydendmorrison wrote:
intestineeater1 wrote:

thats my point.

How? You are saying get the bottom of the range ones when teams are clearly better for DH

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017402
Mobile Version of Website