Intense M1 2003.

PB Forum :: Downhill
Intense M1 2003.
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
Oh, and unless you get really into racing over the next few years NEVER buy a Fox 40, just not worth it in terms of maintenance and dead time unless you are a serious racer. Durability issues are huge with them, and they are very difficult to service.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
haydendmorrison wrote:
Downhiller-92 wrote:
haydendmorrison wrote:

Race is just a name, it doesnt mean its the DH ones... Teams are brilliant

thats my point.

How? You are saying get the bottom of the range ones when teams are clearly better for DH

No intestineeater1 wrote told me to get the RS race and I suggjested the world cup or the team.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
kylemciver wrote:
Oh, and unless you get really into racing over the next few years NEVER buy a Fox 40, just not worth it in terms of maintenance and dead time unless you are a serious racer. Durability issues are huge with them, and they are very difficult to service.

Ok thanks.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 14:34 Quote
Sorry guys, got a bit confused there Redface

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
haydendmorrison wrote:
Sorry guys, got a bit confused there Redface

No problem it happens to all of us.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
dose any one know what the rear axle size is?

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
Downhiller-92 wrote:

12x135. but i ran a normal qr on mine once with no problems.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 11:44 Quote
rydenorco wrote:
Downhiller-92 wrote:

12x135. but i ran a normal qr on mine once with no problems.

whats the size of a normal gr and could I run a 10mm axle on there?

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 11:53 Quote
boxxer team
chris king headset
get some steel (bmx) cranks
get some 823's laced to hope pro 2's
juicy 7's or codes or elixir cr's
maxxis minions in 2.35
straitline pinch stem or diabolous stem
spank bars
any odi lock on grip
sdg i-beam seatpost and i-fly seat
sram x-9 rear derailer with a sram or shimano road casset.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 12:05 Quote
Here is a solid budget build for ya

Headset- FSA pig (cheep and burley)
Fork- Boxxer team or race, what ever you can afford
Stem- Find yourself a cheep integrated one
Bars- Easton EA70, strong, light, cheep.
Shifter- X7 (X9 if you have the cash)
Derailer- X9 super short (no shorty x7s sadly)
Brakes- the cheep elixirs
Cranks- holsfellers or SLXs depending on your size and ability
Guide- gamut, MRP, or E13 what ever one is cheeper
Post and seat- find a take off at the LBS and pay 10$
Hubs- Hope Pro 2, super strong, super light, super reliable and GREAT price
Rims- If you really need to save money go with WTB Laser disc FRs or DHs (depending agian on weight and ability) but I would an extra 10$ or so a rim I would get 721s or 729s
Cassette- LX or 105, I find anything cheaper shifts like crap
Get what ever rubber you want
That should be in your price range and give you a super solid bike that rides really well

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
ya ko but can I run a 10mm axle on it when it should be a 12mm?

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
kylemciver wrote:

pretty obvious you have no idea what you're talking about

they require the same amount of service as a boxxer and it takes about the same amount of time to service.

i don't know where you're getting this durability bullshit from but don't post when you don't know what you're talking about

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 13:38 Quote
stryke wrote:
kylemciver wrote:

they require the same amount of service as a boxxer and it takes about the same amount of time to service.

i don't know where you're getting this durability bullshit from but don't post when you don't know what you're talking about
Boxxers are self serviceable, 40's have sealed cartrages that Fox does not want you getting in to. While doing seals an oil are about the same difficulty to replace, fox recommends replacement of there seals and bushings twice as often as the Boxxers. Not to mention the Boxxers having much simpler dampers than the Foxs those freaken RC2 carts are a pain to work on

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 13:46 Quote
themontajew wrote:
stryke wrote:
kylemciver wrote:

Boxxers are self serviceable, 40's have sealed cartrages that Fox does not want you getting in to. While doing seals an oil are about the same difficulty to replace, fox recommends replacement of there seals and bushings twice as often as the Boxxers. Not to mention the Boxxers having much simpler dampers than the Foxs those freaken RC2 carts are a pain to work on
the reason fox tell you to replace the seals more often is because your avarage biker never leaves his 40's upside down to soak the seals so the end up drying out. i ran 40's for the best part of 3 years and only changed the oil and seals once that included 2 seasons racing

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
themontajew wrote:
stryke wrote:
kylemciver wrote:

fox have a guide on servicing the damper on their website..

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021290
Mobile Version of Website