PB Forum :: Downhill
Intense M1 2003.
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
stryke wrote:
themontajew wrote:
stryke wrote:

pretty obvious you have no idea what you're talking about

they require the same amount of service as a boxxer and it takes about the same amount of time to service.

i don't know where you're getting this durability bullshit from but don't post when you don't know what you're talking about
Boxxers are self serviceable, 40's have sealed cartrages that Fox does not want you getting in to. While doing seals an oil are about the same difficulty to replace, fox recommends replacement of there seals and bushings twice as often as the Boxxers. Not to mention the Boxxers having much simpler dampers than the Foxs those freaken RC2 carts are a pain to work on

fox have a guide on servicing the damper on their website..

No fox has a guide to put in new seals, dust wipers and oil. The damper (the thing that controls compression and rebound) is in a sealer cartrage that fox does not want coming apart unless you are a tech. Seals, spring, dust wipers, and lubricating oil are not the damper.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 14:04 Quote
armydave wrote:
themontajew wrote:
stryke wrote:

pretty obvious you have no idea what you're talking about

they require the same amount of service as a boxxer and it takes about the same amount of time to service.

i don't know where you're getting this durability bullshit from but don't post when you don't know what you're talking about
Boxxers are self serviceable, 40's have sealed cartrages that Fox does not want you getting in to. While doing seals an oil are about the same difficulty to replace, fox recommends replacement of there seals and bushings twice as often as the Boxxers. Not to mention the Boxxers having much simpler dampers than the Foxs those freaken RC2 carts are a pain to work on
the reason fox tell you to replace the seals more often is because your avarage biker never leaves his 40's upside down to soak the seals so the end up drying out. i ran 40's for the best part of 3 years and only changed the oil and seals once that included 2 seasons racing
I store mine upside down and go through seals every 2 or 3 months and I blow the cartrage probably twice a year, I am O.K. with this it is a race fork but it is a high maintenance fork.

Don't forget the price difference here too. A 40 is 1600$ where a Boxxer team (same internals as the WC and for like 100$ you can convert it to a WC) Is a grand.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 14:08 Quote
themontajew wrote:
stryke wrote:
themontajew wrote:

No fox has a guide to put in new seals, dust wipers and oil. The damper (the thing that controls compression and rebound) is in a sealer cartrage that fox does not want coming apart unless you are a tech. Seals, spring, dust wipers, and lubricating oil are not the damper.

http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/Service/Forks/40/40RC2.htm

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
IS it possible to run a 10mm rear axle when the frame is ment for a 12mm axle?

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 14:12 Quote
stryke wrote:
themontajew wrote:
stryke wrote:

http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/Service/Forks/40/40RC2.htm
No shit, fox was telling us to send them all in

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 14:13 Quote
Downhiller-92 wrote:
no

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
themontajew wrote:
Downhiller-92 wrote:
no

would I need a new hub to get a new axle?

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 14:24 Quote
Downhiller-92 wrote:
themontajew wrote:
Downhiller-92 wrote:
no

Depends on the hub, I think there are a few hubs that can go from 10-12 if you swap out some parts. Chances are though you will need a new hub

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
themontajew wrote:
Downhiller-92 wrote:
themontajew wrote:

no

Depends on the hub, I think there are a few hubs that can go from 10-12 if you swap out some parts. Chances are though you will need a new hub

in most cases this is true, but the m1 will fit a 10mm axle ok. but you wont be able to run a saint axle mounted derailleur with it because the axle area is recessed into the frame compared to the derailleur hanger.

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
Hiya,

Just set up a new page for all thouse liking the M1, come join the geeky Fun !

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=225193485240&ref=nf

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 20:31 Quote
samvetsy wrote:
rear.... fox vanilla rc shock maybe mavic d-maxxes ,saint crank
dude i dont think he could get deemaxs and saints for his budget. those are top of the line parts not for a beginner....

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 20:34 Quote
Downhiller-92 wrote:
no unless you get diff drop outs

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 at 7:58 Quote
Minor grave dig, minor.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018739
Mobile Version of Website