NS Suburban or Black Market Riot Frame??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
NS Suburban or Black Market Riot Frame??
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 13:29 Quote
riot...

and as for the TT im like 5'10" and i have the 21.5" and its fine

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 13:41 Quote
suburban.

ever thought of a dobermann pischer or molosse?

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 13:41 Quote
alxxx wrote:
black market riot

Word. Riot for the win.

Oh and to the guy how said something about the 09 NS Cap, its a 24" frame, notice that the Riot and Sub are 26".Rolleyes

Oh and with the internal headset thing, and internal headset is lighter then a normal headset but you wont notice the weight saving.

Im around 6ftish and run the 22tt and its fine, the geo is exactly the same as the mob, just different tubing and a few minor things. My Riot is a peice of cake to spin.

This is mine, so you can get an idea of a very street build on the Riot.
photo

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
I myself ride a Riot and my friend I ride with a lot rides a Suburban. Coming from someone who's ridden both, I still pick the Riot over the Suburban. It just feels more comfortable to ride and more sturdy.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 14:24 Quote
Katol wrote:
suburban.

ever thought of a dobermann pischer or molosse?

+1

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
get the riot or a riot will break out

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 17:43 Quote
Well, I think it's going to have to be a riot then. Mint Green!

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 3:34 Quote
i just orded a riot i would rather 1 much more then a suburban

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 4:15 Quote
ive had 2 suburbans and ive cracked both of them..

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 5:20 Quote
The 2008 Surburban has longer top tube and rear center than next year.
You might be interested in the new Majestic Frame by NS 2.2kg 26" Tire Intergrated headset spanish BB
Fully heat treated frame and OD coating on the inside od the frame this gives the inside a rust proof black
anodized coating, it looks like the streer colom on the RNS fork.

The 2009 Surburban (2.5kg/26") will be more compact and have increased strength in the chain/seat stays for imperfect 360 landings.

Or the new Traffic frame by NS is bacically based on a 2007 Surburban frame but will be much cheaper and 2.55kg 26"

I dont know that great a detals about Blackmarket but I know there frames are not made to such High standards

Proof is in the level of development that NS goes to in making there frames,
Lab testing for stress points, fatigue and flex, also real world testing with some very talented riders.

The surburban frame has a custom multi butted down tube that is thicker at the bottom and thiner at the top
for hitting objects like copping on halfpipes. It has an internal gusset and internally machined head tube, revovable cable mounts, hollowed out dropouts and the largest vent holes inside the grame to same grams in weight.
Plus completely flush removable v brake mounts. Basically NS goes to great lengths to make a very simple cleam looking frame on the outside with a lot of work going on inside the tubes.

When compared to other mass produced brands it really does stand out as the best quality.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 5:34 Quote
dirtybikejapan wrote:
I dont know that great a detals about Blackmarket but I know there frames are not made to such High standards

Er.. I think you'll find that the Mob is made to a very high standard, and so is the Riot.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 14:20 Quote
i still can;t decide between the riot and sub but the sub is lot cheaper.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 17:40 Quote
Im thinking bout buying a Riot but i dunno what colour to order?
Anyone know a good one. http://www.blackmarketbikes.com/riot.html

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
moleman wrote:
dirtybikejapan wrote:

Er.. I think you'll find that the Mob is made to a very high standard, and so is the Riot.

Black Market frames are OK the standard is fine, just both frames do not have as much development behind them as NS

Case in point is NS hollow out the inside of the dropout/black market puts a hole in theirs = less strength =cheaper to do
Black Markets head tube are externally machined NS internally = larger outside diameter=longer stronger welds
Blackmarket have a normal round down tube/NS has a custom tube that is thicker at the bottom thinner at the top=more expensive NS have bolt on cable guides and removable V brake mounts plus Very High Quality Sankyo Cro Mo
There are other things but I wont go into it.

I am not bashing Blackmarket they have nice frames, but they have not pushed the development as far as NS

Blackmarket is more on the lines of transitions new frame or Spanks new frame which is basically a copy of the riot
(spank handle all the taiwan side of production for blackmarket and in turn get to distribute blackmarket through sports nut in germany)

NS design everything themselves and work very hard to be the best if they are going to make a product they dont want to come second

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
I actually think I'm going to get an NS after the last post. That was pretty convincing. But, actually I realized that I'm paying about $50 dollars more for a black market that is half a pound heavier, with almost the same geometry as the Suburban so, it's definitely NS at this point.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.031957
Mobile Version of Website