NS Suburban or Black Market Riot Frame??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
NS Suburban or Black Market Riot Frame??
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 at 0:27 Quote
what websites can u get ns surbans from?

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 at 0:54 Quote
dirtybikejapan wrote:

Black Market frames are OK the standard is fine, just both frames do not have as much development behind them as NS

Case in point is NS hollow out the inside of the dropout/black market puts a hole in theirs = less strength =cheaper to do
Black Markets head tube are externally machined NS internally = larger outside diameter=longer stronger welds
Blackmarket have a normal round down tube/NS has a custom tube that is thicker at the bottom thinner at the top=more expensive NS have bolt on cable guides and removable V brake mounts plus Very High Quality Sankyo Cro Mo
There are other things but I wont go into it.

I am not bashing Blackmarket they have nice frames, but they have not pushed the development as far as NS

Blackmarket is more on the lines of transitions new frame or Spanks new frame which is basically a copy of the riot
(spank handle all the taiwan side of production for blackmarket and in turn get to distribute blackmarket through sports nut in germany)

NS design everything themselves and work very hard to be the best if they are going to make a product they dont want to come second

Alright you make some good points, but Blk Mrkt do have the geo dialled on there frames.

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 at 2:01 Quote
Having recieved my NS sub only few days ago,i can tell you the quality isnt all that. I wasnt impressed to find all the tubes full of metal fillings. And as a qualified NVQ level 3 welder/fabricator,looking at the welds and the alignment of the top tube and down tube onto the headtube its pretty poor. Iam generally a bit disapointed.

I havent built it up yet tho so i cant comment on how either ride!I expect are build it up and love it!

I would have much rather had the riot but i cudnt afford it. There some big names involved with the riot so i can imagine there guna be pretty good quality. In my opionon you get what you pay for.

I expect that yer the NS may have had a shit load of development and be more spec`d up than the riot. But quality wise my mates riot is looking better built.

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 at 3:26 Quote
i think u should get blkmrkt!

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 at 4:16 Quote
moleman wrote:
dirtybikejapan wrote:

Black Market frames are OK the standard is fine, just both frames do not have as much development behind them as NS

Case in point is NS hollow out the inside of the dropout/black market puts a hole in theirs = less strength =cheaper to do
Black Markets head tube are externally machined NS internally = larger outside diameter=longer stronger welds
Blackmarket have a normal round down tube/NS has a custom tube that is thicker at the bottom thinner at the top=more expensive NS have bolt on cable guides and removable V brake mounts plus Very High Quality Sankyo Cro Mo

I am not bashing Blackmarket they have nice frames, but they have not pushed the development as far as NS

Blackmarket is more on the lines of transitions new frame or Spanks new frame which is basically a copy of the riot
(spank handle all the taiwan side of production for blackmarket and in turn get to distribute blackmarket through sports nut in germany)

NS design everything themselves and work very hard to be the best if they are going to make a product they dont want to come second

Alright you make some good points, but Blk Mrkt do have the geo dialled on there frames.
i dont know but ive had 2 subs and they both cracked in the same spot so if there "developing" frames there got something wrong cos i think the 08 frame is worse than the 17... but its still a good as frame but i had my 08 sub for 6 months and its cracked already so i dont like the 08 subs anymore... i was thinking what else it there... i no there is the black marckets and npjs and dobermans and statics but what about something else???? what else is there????
i really really really need a new frame like in the next 2 weeks or its gunna snap so i dont know what to get.. im getting a sub for free cos of worenty but il ride it for 3-4 months and sell it or wait for something new to come out but really what else is there???

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 at 4:38 Quote
STREETxxxRIDER wrote:
moleman wrote:
dirtybikejapan wrote:

i dont know but ive had 2 subs and they both cracked in the same spot so if there "developing" frames there got something wrong cos i think the 08 frame is worse than the 17... but its still a good as frame but i had my 08 sub for 6 months and its cracked already so i dont like the 08 subs anymore... i was thinking what else it there... i no there is the black marckets and npjs and dobermans and statics but what about something else???? what else is there????
i really really really need a new frame like in the next 2 weeks or its gunna snap so i dont know what to get.. im getting a sub for free cos of worenty but il ride it for 3-4 months and sell it or wait for something new to come out but really what else is there???

samooon,curtis,24,24/7,dmr. I got a static,good solid frame i cudnt see it breaking but its just a bit long for me and weighs 6. But if your breaking frames id go for something like it. Made by the same peeps as fly bikes,got better quality welds than the sub for sure.

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 at 4:43 Quote
robdbank wrote:
STREETxxxRIDER wrote:
moleman wrote:

samooon,curtis,24,24/7,dmr. I got a static,good solid frame i cudnt see it breaking but its just a bit long for me and weighs 6. But if your breaking frames id go for something like it. Made by the same peeps as fly bikes,got better quality welds than the sub for sure.
yer but my cracks are next to the welds not on them...

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 at 4:49 Quote
STREETxxxRIDER wrote:
robdbank wrote:
STREETxxxRIDER wrote:

the reason frames crack next to welds is because the area around the weld is weakened by the heat applied to it by the welding process. The weld becomes stronger that the original material itself. Thats why they put strengthen frames with plates gussets etc to spread the pressure exsurted in these areas of the frame. A good welder can minimise the loss of strength by welding at low heats, not something you guna see on mass produced frames. The metal used is also a factor.

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 at 4:57 Quote
robdbank wrote:
STREETxxxRIDER wrote:
robdbank wrote:

the reason frames crack next to welds is because the area around the weld is weakened by the heat applied to it by the welding process. The weld becomes stronger that the original material itself. Thats why they put strengthen frames with plates gussets etc to spread the pressure exsurted in these areas of the frame. A good welder can minimise the loss of strength by welding at low heats, not something you guna see on mass produced frames. The metal used is also a factor.

i no all about that man im no noob i just want a strong/light frame thats not gunna snap for over a year cos ive had 3 frames in the last year and a half and i think thats really bad Frown (

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 at 5:25 Quote
STREETxxxRIDER wrote:
robdbank wrote:
STREETxxxRIDER wrote:

i no all about that man im no noob i just want a strong/light frame thats not gunna snap for over a year cos ive had 3 frames in the last year and a half and i think thats really bad Frown (

Sorry dude wasnt talking u down or anything! yer i know what u mean i had 2 dmrs and a 24/7 in 12 months. My staic is solid but just not rite for me. I only bought the ns coz i was drunk one nite and oredered it,my bad.

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 at 5:37 Quote
robdbank wrote:
STREETxxxRIDER wrote:
robdbank wrote:

Sorry dude wasnt talking u down or anything! yer i know what u mean i had 2 dmrs and a 24/7 in 12 months. My staic is solid but just not rite for me. I only bought the ns coz i was drunk one nite and oredered it,my bad.
like i love my sub but if i get another one im gunna raw it and chop brake mounts off.. something different...

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 0:49 Quote
where can you get ns surbabns from? which websites?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020740
Mobile Version of Website