Marzocchi 66 ATA

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Marzocchi 66 ATA
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
mafu wrote:
Someone could help me?
I want to know the exactly distance betwen top of the down tube and the crown of the 180mm 66 ATA.
That's the visible part of the inner tube.
Thanks for any help.

Nobody?

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
any one else had the probelem of the ata breaking ive just riden them at fort william for 5 days and they constantly dialed them selfs down to the 140mm mark but then on the last 2 runs theve gone lowere and now are stuck at the 80mm aria and dial down to 40mm travel so pissed of as £800 on downhill free ride fork 1 year ago and ive now got the worlds most expensive and over built dirt jump fork any advice
im gona ring up windwave (uk distributer of marzocchi) any one else had this probeblem?

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 18:46 Quote
large-ugly-greeny wrote:
any one else had the probelem of the ata breaking ive just riden them at fort william for 5 days and they constantly dialed them selfs down to the 140mm mark but then on the last 2 runs theve gone lowere and now are stuck at the 80mm aria and dial down to 40mm travel so pissed of as £800 on downhill free ride fork 1 year ago and ive now got the worlds most expensive and over built dirt jump fork any advice
im gona ring up windwave (uk distributer of marzocchi) any one else had this probeblem?
I had the same problem. I called Marz and they told me that the negative air chamber went bad. They gave me an RA# and I sent it back.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
had probs with my o7 66 sl ata but not for long i removed the nut on the ata side and tightened the two small allen bolts really tight.... my forks no longer have a travel adjust but they also no longer wind themselves down! its a brutal fix but i got fed up with having to constantly wind my fork back up to full travel!

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 6:30 Quote
Mine are a complete nightmare. The ATA side doesn't wind down but it loses air pressure over night and I often find that there is zero pressure in there and now I've found the other leg (rebound and compression) is pissing fluid through the top seal which manages to drain down onto the brake pads so not only do I end up with a leaking fork but also zero front brakes.... really annoyed with this, they've already gone back a couple of times and here we go again....

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 6:56 Quote
its all about PERSONAL opion, so try boring a friend to try it out. i had a 55 ata and it was awesome! rate it 9.5/10

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 15:56 Quote
mmmmm, wished i read this thread before. just bought a set of new '08 66 ata's off the bay. please oh please let there be no problems with them! having my bike stolen was bad enough - i miss my fox van rc2 36s so much!

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 16:33 Quote
evilsmx wrote:
its all about PERSONAL opion, so try boring a friend to try it out. i had a 55 ata and it was awesome! rate it 9.5/10
Are you sure you`ve ridden anything else than that in your life ?
I have them atm (0Cool as a replacement until i get my RS back. The fork is f*cking retarded. Small bump performance makes me sick and that piece of shit sinks like mad under braking/steep terrain. The ata knob is very badly designed, your fingers actually start to hurt turning that shit, the U-turn knob is much more friendly.
This piece of shit doesnt deserve 5/10.

Btw marzo manuals = total win lulz

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 16:59 Quote
i didnt realise i was till subscribed to this thread.... never ever again will i buy a marzo 66 me first ones 06 66 sls where awesome and then for some reason i "up graded" cough cough to an o7 66sl ata... honestly what a pile of crap never able to get full travel even when setting them up with no air in leaky ass seals travel adjuster that wound itself down and an annoying whistling noise when i got back my france trip this year.... tret meself to totems now and there amazing 10 outa 10

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 0:26 Quote
as i've bought off the bay i'm assuming if things go wrong i'll have to cough up soon enough for the repair. who does it for them? and if they do go down - whats the best recommended upgrade to get done? i only need 160mm travel anyway - i've had a set of '08 888 wc rc3 ti forks and they were seriously the muts nuts. i could 'bay them on without touching them and potentially lose no money and make a couple of quid. surely there's some good sets out there? maybe somebody out there thinks these are or have been the best set of forks ever? i need to hear your voice! Eek

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 1:58 Quote
if you get only 160mm's than lower it with the ATA than raise it back and it will be 175mm again

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 3:44 Quote
badgermeister wrote:
as i've bought off the bay i'm assuming if things go wrong i'll have to cough up soon enough for the repair. who does it for them? and if they do go down - whats the best recommended upgrade to get done? i only need 160mm travel anyway - i've had a set of '08 888 wc rc3 ti forks and they were seriously the muts nuts. i could 'bay them on without touching them and potentially lose no money and make a couple of quid. surely there's some good sets out there? maybe somebody out there thinks these are or have been the best set of forks ever? i need to hear your voice! Eek

best of luck with them mate do you have warrinty with them?? if they do go wrong windwave are your best bet!

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 4:00 Quote
OK people here is the reason why your ATA fork is "stuckdown" and not returning to full travel, and also why your fork is mysteriously loosing air in the ATA cart. The fork does not suck, the problem is caused by one o-ring. I will soon have a guide and replacement o-rings available for purchase that will fix your stuck down 08/09 66/888 ATA fork, it would also work for 07 ATA, but the o-ring would be a different size as the cart is smaller. My mates 08 888 ATA WC had the stuckdown problem, after breaking down and replacing the o-ring with a different sized one, the fork has been running like a champ ever since (3-4 months of DH/FR)

photo

Also, please excuse my awesome paint skills tup

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 11:16 Quote
keep me posted nick on them o rings. might have to pre emptively order one for that dark day that may come my way!

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 15:22 Quote
well if anyone can get me back a 180mm fork rather than a 20mm street fork then i will be very happy
what size is this o ring?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028095
Mobile Version of Website