your checklist for Whistler

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
your checklist for Whistler
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 16:33 Quote
alright, i'd made this list a few years back as a check list for going to whistler. It encompases most things you'd bring on most any epic bike trip. I tried to keep it from being too personal to my own personal belongings that only i would bring on a trip. let's see if you have any edits or additions to my list, eh? try to refrain from listing your personal special belongings, cause we all know you're just trying to brag, haha...

• DH Bike
• DJ Bike
• Full Face Helmet
• Dirt Lid Helmet
• Body Armor / Shell Armor
• Knee/shin guards
• Under Armor (thin / thick)
• Jerseys
• Pants / Shorts
• Chamie cream
• Goggles
• Sunglasses
• Gloves
• Shoes
• Thin long riding Socks
• Rain Jacket
• Toiletries / pills / chap stick
• Sun screen
• Camelback
• Money
• I.D.
• Pictures of bikes (if stolen)
• Cell Phone
• Locks
• Tool Kit
• Spare parts
• Repair Stand
• Passport
• Music / headphones
• Magazines / books
• Pillow
• Food / energy drinks / sports formulas
• Swimsuit / towel
• Casual Clothes
• Walkie-Talkies
• speedometer / timer
• Camera / helmet cam. w/ batteries
• car
car rack w/ straps
posters to have signed by pros at park
reservations
tent
cook ware

photo

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 15:08 Quote
didnt you eat it in the foam pit up there? or was that someone else.
props on the list.

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:08 Quote
thecollonadekid wrote:
props on the list.
if by "eat it", you mean i sliced open my shin, which is something entirely different, than yes i did... that doesn't mean i didn't keep riding. i probably needed stitches and a good cleaning, but i wasn't going to let it keep me from riding that day. i just wrapped it up, sat 10 minutes to let the bruising settle in, and went off jumping again. i rolled my neck a few too many times, making it too sore to move. I only didn't land on my head anymore after that.

"eating it" and riding at a foam pit go hand in hand... it's what the foam pit is there for.

i don't know if i alread posted it in my list, but...

FIRST AID KIT

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
When i go on trips i always forget the little things like my camera and ipod charger and cell phone charger and stuff.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
nickf wrote:
thecollonadekid wrote:
props on the list.
if by "eat it", you mean i sliced open my shin, which is something entirely different, than yes i did... that doesn't mean i didn't keep riding. i probably needed stitches and a good cleaning, but i wasn't going to let it keep me from riding that day. i just wrapped it up, sat 10 minutes to let the bruising settle in, and went off jumping again. i rolled my neck a few too many times, making it too sore to move. I only didn't land on my head anymore after that.

"eating it" and riding at a foam pit go hand in hand... it's what the foam pit is there for.

FIRST AID KIT
by eating it i meant slicing your shin open.

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
thecollonadekid wrote:
nickf wrote:
thecollonadekid wrote:
props on the list.

FIRST AID KIT

it's all apart of the game. i never expected to not get hurt when trying my moto-whip, knack-knack, seat grab. i kept going just as hard afterwards. it didn't slow me down. find other terms to use, like "sliced open your shin"

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
thecollonadekid wrote:
its still funny.
funny?

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
nickf wrote:
thecollonadekid wrote:
its still funny.
funny?
in a twisted, 13 year old way.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
batteries/charger for cell/ipods/mp3's
extra chain(s)

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
eisernes wrote:
batteries/charger for cell/ipods/mp3's
extra chain(s)
spare parts;
inner tubes
quicklinks
drailleur hangers
tires
pedal pins
lube
shock pump

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
extra tubes (guess how many you'll need, double that, and add about 5 more)
tire pump(s)
tires
derraileur hangars
chains (like 2)
another set of pedals
gloves (2 pair cause shit happens)
helmet
SHIN PADS!!!!
goggles
chest protector (optional)
elbow guards (optional)
ipod + charger
phone + charger
bike(s)
CAMERA!
stuff to fix you when you bleed at the top of the run
more tubes and pedal pegs

that's all i can think of right now...

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 22:15 Quote
nickf wrote:
thecollonadekid wrote:
nickf wrote:

FIRST AID KIT

it's all apart of the game. i never expected to not get hurt when trying my moto-whip, knack-knack, seat grab. i kept going just as hard afterwards. it didn't slow me down. find other terms to use, like "sliced open your shin"

still goin off topic, but here's a pic i luckily found of what i was doing in the foam pit...
photo

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 at 7:32 Quote
pack light, just bring lots of $$!

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 6:44 Quote
knobzy wrote:
pack light, just bring lots of $$!
that would be the called-up-last-night-and-everything-is-all-over-the-house-so-i-don't-even-want-to-bother-finding-it-so-lets-just-go..........plan

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010793
Mobile Version of Website