Jul 18-19: Euro National XC/DH/4X Champ's

Jul 25-26: Mont-Sainte-Anne (CAN)...XC/DH/4X

Aug 1-2: To be announced...XC/DH/4X
Aug 23: Graz (AUT)...Marathon World Championships
Sep 1-6: Canberra (AUS)...World XC/DH/4X World Champ's
Sep 12-13: Champery (SWI)...XC
Sep 19-20: Schladming (AUT)...XC/DH/4X
Sep 26-27: Euro National Marathon Champ's

Sweeeeeeeeeeet, too bad Champery is only XC, that was one crazy DH course.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 10:16 Quote
Looks like a sick schedule. Hopefully Canada get's another WC race in addition to St Anne... Whistler perhaps?

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 10:28 Quote
mitcht wrote:
Looks like a sick schedule. Hopefully Canada get's another WC race in addition to St Anne... Whistler perhaps?

Whistler would be a natural, though the UCI has been burned there many times before and would be wary of a WC event in Whistler. Especially with Crankworks there already, they already have a major event. I'm guessing that the extra WC venue will be Bromont again, though I'm sure the UCI would love to have an event in the US. If Diablo didn't have the US open, they would make an amazing venue.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 10:51 Quote
aireeek wrote:
mitcht wrote:

Whistler would be a natural, though the UCI has been burned there many times before and would be wary of a WC event in Whistler. Especially with Crankworks there already, they already have a major event. I'm guessing that the extra WC venue will be Bromont again, though I'm sure the UCI would love to have an event in the US. If Diablo didn't have the US open, they would make an amazing venue.

Quite true young grasshopper. COP for wc! Haha...

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
mitcht wrote:
aireeek wrote:
mitcht wrote:

Quite true young grasshopper. COP for wc! Haha...

Hahaha, I think that already happened once ...... I think Silver Star would be a great place to have one out West. Would provide great exposure for their park, and they are within reasonable travel distance to a pile of major population centers. I think they hosted WC finals back in the 90s too didn't they? Too bad the UCI has that silly rule requiring ski lifts for WCs, otherwise I'd say have it in Canmore, run the DH'ers down Riders! I would love to see that race.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 12:20 Quote
One of the reasons there arent races in the US is because of the customs and security procedures. What if some customs guy decides Team Monster Energy is a threat to national security? Wouldnt be much of a world cup if there was no Hill. I know it sounds stupid but this was the reason the Angelfire world cup was cancelled last year.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 12:35 Quote
hcg1 wrote:
One of the reasons there arent races in the US is because of the customs and security procedures. What if some customs guy decides Team Monster Energy is a threat to national security? Wouldnt be much of a world cup if there was no Hill. I know it sounds stupid but this was the reason the Angelfire world cup was cancelled last year.

Huh?

http://www.velonews.com/article/11648

Duuuuuuuuuude, you are soooooooooo far off the mark. Read the article.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
not sure about the customs issues in the states but i know the world cup in Vigo had bus's for uplift, the rule is a min of 300riders per hour, the easiest way to do this is with a ski lift,

FL
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
April 11th 2009 KHMR Melt Freeze Cup

June 13th and 14th TBA ?

July 11th and 12th Western Canada Cup Hosted by ADHRA
(Golden – Kicking Horse Mountain Resort)

August 1st and 2nd Alberta Provincials Hosted by ADHRA
(Blairmore – Pass Powder Keg)

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 17:36 Quote
Hey that schedule sounds sick really lookin forward to going. Anyone know if there's an admission cost to get trackside at the mountain?

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
I honestly don't know what made them hold the World Champs in Canberra! I think its safe to say that, by general consent, it was one of the worst venues in years. No disrespect to all you aussies as I think you more than deserve at least a WC race but I don't feel its a great venue.

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
Hellls yess!! It was super boring to watch!! Thats why 2010 is guna kick arse... Mont Ste Anne Worlds!!

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
Also I hope Andorra will be better this year. I rode the WC track about 2 weeks after the race and it was complete and utter rubbish. That said, there are two (in my humble opinion) better courses on the same mountain which would have made a better event.

Edit:

Does anyone know the reason why France hasn't had a race for a couple of years (since 2006 in Les Gets if I'm correct?) ?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013925
Mobile Version of Website