Hayes HFX 9 or Avid Juicy 5s?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Hayes HFX 9 or Avid Juicy 5s?
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
tremblay wrote:
spier17 wrote:
I have a pair of Juicy Fives and a lot of my friends have Hayes Nines, I personally like the Juicys more.

P.S. why does the lever click out?

so when you fall and smash your lever into the ground it pops out instead of ripping out and messing up ur brake.
But they dont pop off they just go forward.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 16:49 Quote
there is no question, juicy 5 are better, but hayes 9 are god for their pricetup

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 17:22 Quote
firebird007 wrote:
there is no question, juicy 5 are better, but hayes 9 are god for their pricetup
i think the nines are better than the juicys.

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
tremblay wrote:
spier17 wrote:
I have a pair of Juicy Fives and a lot of my friends have Hayes Nines, I personally like the Juicys more.

so when you fall and smash your lever into the ground it pops out instead of ripping out and messing up ur brake.

No. Absolutely wrong.
The lever pops out or "hyperextends" so that when you take the wheels off, you don't hit the lever and close the pads together.

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 12:36 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
tremblay wrote:
spier17 wrote:

No. Absolutely wrong.
The lever pops out or "hyperextends" so that when you take the wheels off, you don't hit the lever and close the pads together.
He's not "absolutely wrong". While you're correct, popping out so the brake doesn't get destroyed in a crash is really helpful and no doubt they had it in mind when they designed the brake.

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 12:44 Quote
truffles wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:
tremblay wrote:

No. Absolutely wrong.
He's not "absolutely wrong". While you're correct, popping out is so the brake doesn't get destroyed in a crash is really helpful and no doubt they had it in mind when they designed the brake.

if your talking about hayes. my brake pod is f*cked, it got ripped out and wont stay in now. its gay

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 13:25 Quote
truffles wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:
tremblay wrote:

No. Absolutely wrong.

He's not "absolutely wrong". While you're correct, popping out so the brake doesn't get destroyed in a crash is really helpful and no doubt they had it in mind when they designed the brake.

The lever blade may have a specific fracture point (and I think it does) but that's completely irrelevant to the fact that it pops out. Two completely separate features.

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 18:43 Quote
omg i have hayes nines and they suck some major s*** i would do anything to change to 5s

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 18:46 Quote
Why the f*ck do you have to grave dig a dead discussion?

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 18:48 Quote
wow, this is an oldie... Looks like Mr.Kona is a credible source of experience...anyways, I've ran 9's for two straight years and I have not had a single problem, not one. I've changed the pads and thats all I have had to do to keep up their performance. I have never used 5's, just throwing in my experience.

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
hey im just sayin i have those brakes and they dont work

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011652
Mobile Version of Website