Hayes HFX 9 or Avid Juicy 5s?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Hayes HFX 9 or Avid Juicy 5s?
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 18:41 Quote
im gonna fight for hayes, HFX all the way, i used to ride with 9's but i use bb7 for street. but ive heard the juicy's are sick at dj and street

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 18:43 Quote
i have juicy 3'ss and there really nice so ya id go with the 5's

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 18:45 Quote
HFX are cheap and reliable but juicy's are more powerful. or go mechanical with the best mechanical brake on earth, BB7. you wont be dissappointed

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 18:46 Quote
xcer4life wrote:
but ive heard the juicy's are sick at dj and street

True, I have 'em on my street bike and they're amazing. But for downhill, they suck, they seem to lose power super fast. Unlike the hfx which actually aren't all that bad for dh.
But, Im still going with the juicy's.

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 18:47 Quote
xcer4life wrote:
HFX are cheap and reliable but juicy's are more powerful. or go mechanical with the best mechanical brake on earth, BB7. you wont be dissappointed
I have the bb5s now i dont like them. thats why i'm going juicys but i just wanted to know what was better obviously i'm going the right way,

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 18:47 Quote
well, i am going to say juicy fives, only because i dont like the lever design of the nines, but they do have great power, at least with the 8" version. the juicy fives are also quite good, but there is a definate lack of adjustment, so it all depends on your preferences and the application

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 19:48 Quote
i have hayes nines i luv them

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 21:37 Quote
sprocketmonkey wrote:
well, i am going to say juicy fives, only because i dont like the lever design of the nines, but they do have great power, at least with the 8" version. the juicy fives are also quite good, but there is a definate lack of adjustment, so it all depends on your preferences and the application

And your comparing this to what adjustments on the nines? They have the same adjustment. Reach. That's it. Having ridden, serviced, and owned both, and the better models too (juicy sevens, Mags, codes, strokers etc..) I think that the Juicy's are the way to go. If you want more power get a bigger rotor. Thats it.

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 21:43 Quote
I was always one of those "Avid for mechanicals and Hayes for hydros" guys, but I got some Juicys on my new rig......and they are wicked fakkin' good right out of the box.
I will buy Avids again I'm sure.

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 21:53 Quote
Get the Avid, they blow the HFX-9 out of the water!

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 22:05 Quote
depends if you are talking about front or back. i just rode my buddies bike yesterday with juicy 5s. the front worked like a dream, and the rear was like a poopy mechanical

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009848
Mobile Version of Website